Transformers..reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transformers..reviews.

SEE IT!!!!

the good:
it was very entertaining. had a little bit of everything in it. it was funny...alot of action and best of all...the NEW Camaro looks absolutely sick (even though its really a GTO). graphics are insanely good. GM was well represented. the characters all sounded like the originals (cept for Bumble Bee). they picked all decent actors for the human roles...no bad acting going on here. all the cars were bad ***.....even the Saleen mustang. there will be a sequal.

the bad:
Megatron was not kept as his original character (a gun) which is the only thing i didnt like about the movie.

its well worth the price of admission...id go see it again and probably will.

so if you saw it...chime in...what did you think??
Old 07-04-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i friggin loved it. best movie ever.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
the characters all sounded like the originals (cept for Bumble Bee).
Optimus Prime was voiced by the same actor as the original cartoon series, Peter Cullen.

All the others were new voices.

Hugo Weaving played the voice of Megatron in the new movie. He was Agent Smith in the Matrix movies.

Here is the IMDB entry for the new Transformers movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/
Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VIP1
Optimus Prime was voiced by the same actor as the original cartoon series, Peter Cullen.

All the others were new voices.

Hugo Weaving played the voice of Megatron in the new movie. He was Agent Smith in the Matrix movies.

Here is the IMDB entry for the new Transformers movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/
very cool. I wasnt aware of all that. they did a pretty good job of getting everyone's voice pretty close. they nailed Prime's voice perfectly and now i know why...
Old 07-04-2007, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

the reason megatron wasnt a gun is becasue he never changed from the shape he was before they got to earth
Old 07-04-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm prob one of the biggest Transformers dorks here I have tons of unopened toys,comics etc,and can name almost all transformers that were made I rate the movie very good!

Some points

The actor that played Sam, Shia Labeouf did a very awesome job. He played the role very good.

Megan Fox, the chick that played Sams girl,Mikaela was banging! Great face and body

Some of the things i didn't like

All the money and showing off their vehicles GM did, they didn't have the new Camaro aka Bumblebee outrun the Saleen police car or have a better chase scene

It was a little hard to tell when the transformers were battling who was who.

Optimus Prime could always defeat Megatron during the entire Transformers run. Megatron could only defeat Optimus if he cheated. I don't believe they made Optimus look so weak.

Jazz died (The Solstice) he was the man back in the day

All in all great Movie! I do have to say as cool as Bumblebee was Barricade the Deception Mustang Saleen Police car was the best character in the movie Also to note megatron hasn't been a gun since the 1986. Every form he has had after that in various Transformers series he was either a Cannon (aka Galvatron) or a T-Rex (Beast Wars) or a tank/plane in all the other series after.

BTW here is a pic of Megan Fox for those that thought she looked good in the film

Last edited by CJDZ24_Z28; 07-04-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:19 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I saw it last night (with fellow Camaro and fellow (female) Trans Am owners ) and while I knew there was lots of hype about the movie and I knew it would be pretty decent, it actually still exceeded my expectations.

First off, I never watched the old show nor owned any Transformer toys.
I'm usually not a huge fan of (though I do sometimes like) science fiction/alien type movies and actually had NO INTENTION of ever seeing this movie in the theatre, the rainy close to our 4th of July night just happened to bring me there.
But I absolutely AM a 'car guy' and this movie was all of the above PLUS a pretty cool 'car movie' as well. What struck me particularly was the relationship the young lead character had with his Camaro (and it's alter ego) and well yeah with the girl as well LOL, I really liked that part of the story line (especially being a proud Camaro Z28 owner myself ) and how they developed it and evolved it and such.

Oh and yes Megan Fox is just that, a total fox.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Megan Fox, the chick that played Sams girl,Mikaela was banging! Great face and body

BTW here is a pic of Megan Fox for those that thought she looked good in the film

Hey, she spelled my name wrong, it's BRIEN. Oh well.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Hey, she spelled my name wrong, it's BRIEN. Oh well.
i guess you left her dizzy!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to see it yesterday with my kids and the shows were sold out !!!So we went to see die hard which was good...
Old 07-05-2007, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

Megatron has not been a gun for a long time. Nor will he every be again. Hasbro will not make toy guns, that is why he changed.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Bad *** movie!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Teching In

These "reviews" should not give away big specific things that happened in the flick. It only opened two days ago. At least give a spoiler warning or something if you are going to do that. I plan on seeing transformers, and I am sure I am not the only one that would prefer to not know who dies in the movie. ps- the soundwave avatar is sweet- by far my favorite character from the show
Old 07-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

I saw the first showing at the local theater here in Mass Monday night at 8pm. By far my favorite movie now....i give it a 9.99 out of 10. Now, i just have to try to see it again before I go back to work next week.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000ws6_104
These "reviews" should not give away big specific things that happened in the flick. It only opened two days ago. At least give a spoiler warning or something if you are going to do that. I plan on seeing transformers, and I am sure I am not the only one that would prefer to not know who dies in the movie. ps- the soundwave avatar is sweet- by far my favorite character from the show
then dont come in and look, it says reviews, so theyre gonna talk about it.

just got back from seeing it. I loved it!!!!!!

im gonna have to dig out an old VHS transformers movie i had from the 80s.

-brandon
Old 07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by peterock98
I tried to see it yesterday with my kids and the shows were sold out !!!So we went to see die hard which was good...
I thought for sure that that was going to happen to us as well but we went right in to a nearly totally empty theatre. Granted it was 10:40pm on a holiday and the multiplex had it running in 4 other theatres LOL but still.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 2000ws6_104
These "reviews" should not give away big specific things that happened in the flick. It only opened two days ago. At least give a spoiler warning or something if you are going to do that. I plan on seeing transformers, and I am sure I am not the only one that would prefer to not know who dies in the movie.
Just a suggestion, if I were going to see a movie (and I choose to or choose not to go for various reasons, reviews on a car message board generally NOT being one of them LOL ) I wouldn't even be browsing any threads that even remotely mention said film for the sole purpose of avoiding any potential 'spoiling' in the first place...almost basic common sense really.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Just a suggestion, if I were going to see a movie (and I choose to or choose not to go for various reasons, reviews on a car message board generally NOT being one of them LOL ) I wouldn't even be browsing any threads that even remotely mention said film for the sole purpose of avoiding any potential 'spoiling' in the first place...almost basic common sense really.
in that case Two Lane Blacktop FTMFW lol
Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

Wink

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
in that case Two Lane Blacktop FTMFW lol
Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

THanks Rick, I def want to see it now