Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. Over Here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007 | 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
What ever happened with his run vs the Neon a couple of weeks ago at VMP?
If it was a Neon, it didnt stand a chance!!!
Old 09-20-2007 | 12:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
If it was a Neon, it didnt stand a chance!!!
I heard it was a 9 second Neon vs his 10 sec Slobra. I signed the wife up for the one in Nov at Richmond that All Throttle-No Bottle is running. She wants a low 12 pass before the winter. I'll have to see if I can make time for the Oct one. Never been to VMP for a rental, how are they on Tech for rentals anyone know? Staying for one or two more runs after the gates open will be pushing it. Trust me after a rental by 3 or 4pm you are ready to hit the road home. It's nothing to get 15~20 runs in and still waste time watching friends run. I've done the TnT thing years ago and it was fun, come home with a fist full of slips, now it's the same amount of time and 4 slips is a good night.

Steel

I saw where Damian is only 1/2 now he sold the Sparky and got a C5, he's starting to see the light.

Kong

You are killing me, leave it in 5th??? I've told you about that Crack habit. Just say NO.
Old 09-20-2007 | 12:30 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

I may have been too quick to say that Darren was having a trans issue, I'm just so used to having them myself, I just kinda figured thats what was on its way out.

-if it does it on the street though, with stock size tires and stock shift points I dont think it should bang the limiter like he is doing. Am I wrong in assuming this???

and as for the heads Darren, you know you want 'em, come get 'em... I just need to take those 241's to Shawn and let him do his magic... plus get new pushrods LOL... I'm sure I'll need shorter ones with the heads being milled so much.
Old 09-20-2007 | 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I may have been too quick to say that Darren was having a trans issue, I'm just so used to having them myself, I just kinda figured thats what was on its way out.

-if it does it on the street though, with stock size tires and stock shift points I dont think it should bang the limiter like he is doing. Am I wrong in assuming this???

and as for the heads Darren, you know you want 'em, come get 'em... I just need to take those 241's to Shawn and let him do his magic... plus get new pushrods LOL... I'm sure I'll need shorter ones with the heads being milled so much.
Is the MAF stock with the screen or has it been changed/dicked with and not tuned? Mod'd MAF's can cause trans issues.
Old 09-20-2007 | 12:45 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Is the MAF stock with the screen or has it been changed/dicked with and not tuned? Mod'd MAF's can cause trans issues.
I'm almost certain its stock but Darren would have to comment on that one. I'm not 100%.
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^ Well the car hasnt been tuned.... But Im pretty sure he has a stock MAF.
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I heard it was a 9 second Neon vs his 10 sec Slobra. I signed the wife up for the one in Nov at Richmond that All Throttle-No Bottle is running. She wants a low 12 pass before the winter. I'll have to see if I can make time for the Oct one. Never been to VMP for a rental, how are they on Tech for rentals anyone know? Staying for one or two more runs after the gates open will be pushing it. Trust me after a rental by 3 or 4pm you are ready to hit the road home. It's nothing to get 15~20 runs in and still waste time watching friends run. I've done the TnT thing years ago and it was fun, come home with a fist full of slips, now it's the same amount of time and 4 slips is a good night.
It was probably Red Sled.... Was the Neon an Auto?? The Techs are pretty cool.... I mean they let Shane and Damien run 10's without any cages or roll bars, so Im sure theyll let you run withot giving you ****. The TnT at night is always hectic.... The rental is usually more then enough for me.... Just for people who want to do some more running, its available.
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

It was RedSled!
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That car f'ing moves!!! Very clean setup too.
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:36 PM
TECH Junkie

sean, what time is that guy leaving your work tomorrow? if its too early, then i wont bother coming up with the car bc im not planning on leaving here until 10 at the earliest
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:38 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

TTZ, Thanks again for looking at that Audi... he's just waiting on the plates to come in for his Dakota, then he'll be able to leave it down there with you so you can do your thing. I called the shop and left a message for you. Tony's ready to plunk the card down just as I said he would
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:46 PM
12 Second Truck Club

one thing at a time, one thing at a time...

I can probably spray some 11's if I can do a little more nitrous tuning with slicks/traction bars...
i have a set of JLP long bars in need to get on my truck.
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Well if the tranny is flashing and banging the limiter between shifts it could probably be cured with a shift kit, i.e. increasing line pressure. I'm sure his gears have something to do with it. Not to mention his car probably still thinks he has the stock ratio still in the car. That could be playing havoc with the shift points.

Ben, I know your a smart guy but just be careful of how much you mill a set of heads. It could do more harm than good. What compression are you looking for??
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

Kong

You are killing me, leave it in 5th??? I've told you about that Crack habit. Just say NO.
I don't smoke crack anymore, I smoke white girls . I was just kidding with that, i wouldn't waste your time with that.
Old 09-20-2007 | 02:55 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

a little over 10:1 will do preferrably 10.5:1... WCCH says all the 241's and 243's they set up for 5.3 are either milled .030 or .045. I know I dont want to go too depp with them and mess up the quench area, and kill the good flow... maybe a .035 mill with a really small gasket will do the trick. I just need to work some more numbers I suppose.

I know this cam is begging for more compression. it just doesnt feel as snappy as it should despite how well it runs. When the 5.3 blows eventually, I'll be going to to a 3.898 bore and some forged LS1 rods and slugs. probably keeping the same cam. I'm just trying to get what I can get out of these without changing pistons. my PtV clearence will be fine with no more lift than I'm running. .576 intake and .588 exhaust is still pretty moderate.
Old 09-20-2007 | 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
sean, what time is that guy leaving your work tomorrow? if its too early, then i wont bother coming up with the car bc im not planning on leaving here until 10 at the earliest
He said he wasnt leaving til 3pm.... So you should be fine. Did you ever come get the jeep?
Old 09-20-2007 | 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KONG
Well if the tranny is flashing and banging the limiter between shifts it could probably be cured with a shift kit, i.e. increasing line pressure. I'm sure his gears have something to do with it. Not to mention his car probably still thinks he has the stock ratio still in the car. That could be playing havoc with the shift points.

Ben, I know your a smart guy but just be careful of how much you mill a set of heads. It could do more harm than good. What compression are you looking for??
Brian changed the gear ratio on his computer, so that shouldnt be a problem....
Old 09-20-2007 | 03:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
He said he wasnt leaving til 3pm.... So you should be fine. Did you ever come get the jeep?
ok, ill be up around lunch...so dont make plans.lol. i wanna ride to lunch in a diesel! and yea, we got the jeep. i like it so much more than the PT Loser..lol. have any Nitros on sale? Andra liked the blue one in the showroom...
Old 09-20-2007 | 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

what do you guy's think about 1,000 for a 9" plus a swap of my 10 bolt into the kids car.. 9" does not have abs.. so what does that make it because I know that 4chan is tcs. and three is for non tcs right? how hard would it be to put abs on it? has 411's in it
Old 09-20-2007 | 03:51 PM
Teching In

hey ben I am going to need the phone number to that guy with the bike, I am trying to sell it with a purpose. Do you know of anybody on post that is trying to find one? If so than pm me or call me or something. And remember, trucks are for pulling trailers in the mud.lol

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. Over Here!