Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. Over Here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a couple tires I could borrow for a Sunday T&T?? There's a big truck event coming up and I dont know if I'll be able to buy new ones by then... but I'm gonna need 'em.

I could always go run the 255's LOL... but I'd like to actually see this thing run to some kind of potential... 12.8's are nice... but running what this thing has in it would be so much nicer

Its October 7th BTW.... and you all are welcome to come out. its at MIR. If you think how my truck runs is impressive, you should see some of these guys do their thing...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pharm0r
lol *uck it. Lets do a 3 way . OR ill run you seperatly when and were, or *uck it agian! IM OFFICIALLY CALLING OUT EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD.

Really???
Old 09-24-2007, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
I was looking for the long run when I have the new setup on.... But Ill just wait til I get that installed before I make a decision on the gears....

if you run a taller tire you will need more gear. I'm thinking about 28"'s and 4.30's or steeper. Mainly because I don't plan on running nitrous........that often.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Staging Lane

lol well im available tues-thurs. pm me when and were, oh and you have a camra?
Never seen the front of your car before? Just walk up there and take a peek. It's the same view as you will see if we record it, but then it will just get smaller and smaller. And in my car we'll have to find a camera with a GREAT ZOOOOOOM to keep sight of you.

If you want to feel good, find any Mustang to pick on, all the Fbody's on here (pretty sure they all in the 12's while you are in the 13's) are out of your league and really not worth the chance of getting busted running. For them it's sort of like running a 100 yard dash against a guy in a wheel chair, yea you won but it's not worth bragging about.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

See I plan on keeping the nitrous.... When this motor goes, I plan on getting a completely forged motor and spraying the **** out of it.... Like I dont already do that to this motor.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 AM
12 Second Club

Appreciate it man.... I wasnt really doing it for the fact of the other night, I was thinking about for the long run, with the new setup. I see a ton of track guys, which the car is slowly becoming, running numerically high gears and pulling great times.... So I was just thinking.... We will see though.... Im happy with the 275 MT DRs so I dont want to up the tires size....
Yeah but don't forget those awesome times are mostly from a properly set-up suspension. once you get your combo straight, do some number crunching and find a ratio or ratio's that will put you near your power peak in the traps. I'm in the process of doing a little math of my own.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh I didnt forget about the suspension being setup perfectly.... For now I want to see what I can get out of it with the factory stock suspension.... From there, I will start to upgrade accordingly.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

I dont know if your 198rwhp is gonna be enough Chris....
I'll just use the wife's car, go easy on him. I hate to see the little feller He needs to pick on Rustangs vice faster GM cars.

I just got reminded I have a BD party attend this Saturday Most likely no BPS for me. Why can't people understand Saturday is CAR DAY not anything else day.

Guess I should update my signature huh?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Oh I didnt forget about the suspension being setup perfectly.... For now I want to see what I can get out of it with the factory stock suspension.... From there, I will start to upgrade accordingly.
I would advise you to get a tq arm relocation kit if you already don't have one. It will save you some money especially since you plan on doing 6k clutch dumps.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
I'll just use the wife's car, go easy on him. I hate to see the little feller He needs to pick on Rustangs vice faster GM cars.

I just got reminded I have a BD party attend this Saturday Most likely no BPS for me. Why can't people understand Saturday is CAR DAY not anything else day.

I'll be there too bud!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

I would do it the other way around. Get all the goodies to put the power to the ground, then add the power so you can use it when it comes time. I know it's not the fun way of doing it, you won't be fighting an up hill battle. You don't want to break things and hurt the car by going into the wall or another car.

Next time we're at BPS together I'll have to take a good look at your car and see if I can give you any good advice.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

maybe a run with a truck would humble a lad???
Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a grinder and notch the backing plates so you can knock the studs out. Then you don't have to pull the axles. Plus there is the added cost of putting new bearings on the axles. You have press off the beartings to remove the backing plates, then put the backing plate on then press on the new bearings. I won't reuse the bearing, might as well use new while you are in there.

I might even have my old backing plates laying around so I can take a pic of how I mod'd them to replace the studs without taking the axle out.

Stang

Fewer shifts faster you will be at the track, that is why a glide is good, only one shift vice 2 for a TH350 or 400 and 3 for me at the track with a manual. During the shifts you are not putting power down to the ground and going slower. Plus that is hellva load on the drivetrain to shift into OD. Not saying that it has not been done before. I know one fool that ran his C4 in 5th till drag limited is progress. Shame the headlights were up. (private road in Canada)

Nvr

I'm running the stock size studs. I think I even have a new set of long metric studs out in the garage if you have not ordered them yet. I'll sell them for what Summit has them online for if I do.

He does have to pull the axles because the axle flange needs to be sent out to be redrilled for 12mm studs.

There is no possible way to add smaller studs with out doing this.

The original studs were ARP 12mm studs and i broke them so the axles were sent off for 5/5 studs and all 10 of the holes were drilled out for the bigger studs.....
The the flange needs to be rotated and redrilled for all 10 holes.

BTW they are a C-Clip illiminator rearend so its soooooo easy to pull the axles and we had them out a couple weeks ago.... the bearings are leaking a lil now so he is going to need new ones no matter what.
The pressing them off is easy take us about 5 min.

Kyle
Old 09-24-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KONG
A 28" tire will make his car slower if he keeps the same setup.

I dont think so....they will be plenty... 650rwhp better be plenty...
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

AG,

I follow ya 100%. That what i tell everyone..... i dont understand why all these guys make a lil more power then stock.... forget the suspension all togeather.... then add heads and cam or spray and then wonder why there slower now then they were before.....
Im a firm believer that a car that can hook can beat a car with 75-100 HP more then it.

KOng,
Sean already has the BMR TRans mount TQ arm and we are working on things....
Im going to get him to order this.... for it..

Thats $254 retail.

Every F-Body needs these....

$170

Then an adj panhard rod...
[/img]
$130-165

Then Adj LCA's

Street Adj $199

Strange Single Adj front shocks and springs

$420

Rear Double Adj. Shocks
$500

That should about do it...
Should have no problems hooking with that....

Then later we will take 100lbs off the nose with the K-member.... but that will wait for the new motor....
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
maybe a run with a truck would humble a lad???
Now that would be race worth watching

Thanks for letting me back into the parking spot Saturday. I was sure I was going to curb the back tire trying to get out of the way quickly.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Now that would be race worth watching

Thanks for letting me back into the parking spot Saturday. I was sure I was going to curb the back tire trying to get out of the way quickly.

AG ya forgot to add M6 in your sig......

Did ya make the other thread yet???

Kyle
Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

WHAT!? lmfao. For everyones information i never picked on ANYONE. YOU were the one that said i was calling somone out. I know my car is slow, im workin on fixin that, but that doesnt mean i am scared to run a faster car
Old 09-24-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

WHAT!? lmfao. For everyones information i never picked on ANYONE. YOU were the one that said i was calling somone out. I know my car is slow, im workin on fixin that, but that doesnt mean i am scared to run a faster car
edit: and from what i can tell running yall wouldnt do much more than make me want to mod faster, and get some friendships going so from what i can tell its a win win situation ...well...kinda. minus the losing part lol....and minus the chance of cops part.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
AG,

I follow ya 100%. That what i tell everyone..... i dont understand why all these guys make a lil more power then stock.... forget the suspension all togeather.... then add heads and cam or spray and then wonder why there slower now then they were before.....
Im a firm believer that a car that can hook can beat a car with 75-100 HP more then it.

I totally agree with you kyle. i only have QA1's left to get. I have all my other suspension parts.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. Over Here!