Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Divorce Fundraiser - Elks Lodge In Fall River, MA (10/28)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Divorce Fundraiser - Elks Lodge In Fall River, MA (10/28)

A friend of mine, who is also a "car guy" is going through a divorce that is starting to turn nasty. In a nutshell, he had to hire a private investigator to follow his soon to be ex and her boss while they were on a business trip in Memphis. That lead to him finding out that they have been seeing eachother for years (complete story below). She not only has been banging the boss for years, but she's also trying to get everything that she can out of my buddy in the divorce and she isn't being to good with the most important person in this, that is his 5 year old daughter. So, myself and a few friends are pooling our resources, calling in some favors and throwing a benefit party to try to help with his attorney fees.

This benefit will be held on Sunday, October 28 at 4:30. The location is -

Elks Lodge -
4500 N Main St
Fall River, MA.

Entertainment will be provided by a band that covers alot of '80s/'90s music. There will also be a DJ playing and we'll have Karaoke for the people that like to sing. There will be free food and the hall has a bar with very reasonably priced drinks. This could turn out to be a "car show" outside!

We're selling tickets in advance to help determine how much food will be needed -

Adults - $20.00
Children under 14 - $10.00

Tickets will be available at the door but advance purchase will be helpful. This way we can make sure nobody leaves hungry. You can order them through PayPal address tbyrne@tbyrne.com. There will be two $100.00 TBYRNE Motorsports gift certificates raffled off to the people that order tickets online before the event. You won't have to be there that day to win!

I tried to keep the info about short, if anyone wants to continue reading, the details of what happened are below -

My buddy's wife would work late most and take alot of business trips, she was always cold/mean to him and not even close to being the most affectionate person in the world. Once in awhile I would ask if he thought she was seeing someone else and he'd say no. He could call her at work and she'd pretty much always be there. Then I'd ask if there was anything going on with her boss. This is the guy she always traveled with. He said no. He would kid around with her about something going on but the wife said that she didn't find that guy attractive so there was no chance of that happening.

Jump ahead to a few months ago, he was starting to get really suspecious after he went into her car for something and came across an "I love you" card that, based on the way things were going, wasn't for him. This was a few days before a business trip. He ended up hiring a private investigator to follow them while they were away. That was the best money he has ever spent! They provided him with pictures, video, audio and a written play by play of everything that happened. The investigator stayed in the room next to him so he got all of the good stuff! The boss has been dipping his pen in the company ink for years! She admitted to seeing him for at least 2 years but other things show that they've been together alot longer. So my buddy moved her out of the house before they got back from trip. She is now staying with her mother and still seeing the other guy. His wife kicked him out after she found out what was going on.

The soon to be ex wife is now trying to screw him any way she can during the divorce. You would think that after what happened, she'd agree to terms that wouldn't cause the family any more pain. He draw up a very reasonable agreement and she shot everything down. It's still all about her! She took $5000. from their home equity line of credit a day before the divorce paperwork was filed, she expects him to pay half of her shopping and tanning bills (the other guy got all of the benefits from these), she wants him to take the depreciation hit with the house sells plus a bunch of things that I'm missing. Also, he would love to have full custody of his 5 year old daughter, she wants split custody along with full child support paid to her.

This is a guy that is truly a very, very good person. As I tell people, if I had a female friend that was single and needed a date, he'd be the person that I'd suggest.

In the end, I think the person that runs out of money first will give in and she really doesn't deserve to come out the winner here. This whole thing might seem a little off the wall, but I want to help him thought this. Plus, deep down I think I'm also doing this for all of the guys that have been screwed during a divorce. I might be one of them someday!

Thank you for reading!
Tom
Old 10-03-2007, 11:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Kill the Bitch!!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Kill the Bitch!!
..thats what im talkin about...

in all seriousness though....isnt she pretty much up ***** creek without a paddle given all the evidence of infidelity against her???
makes no sense that she would try and fight something thats so heavely in his favor.

either way...goodluck with everything...if i lived out by you guys id definetly come out.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TNTramair
..thats what im talkin about...

in all seriousness though....isnt she pretty much up ***** creek without a paddle given all the evidence of infidelity against her???
makes no sense that she would try and fight something thats so heavely in his favor.

either way...goodluck with everything...if i lived out by you guys id definetly come out.
Depends on the state. In NJ she could have banged half of Seaside and it doesn't matter...it's a "no fault" state.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:46 PM
9 Second Club

I hate seeing this... half the time both parties spend so much money fighting over assets that by the time it's all done they both would have been better off settling it in the beggining and the person who takes the hardest hit is the kid.

Tell him I've got a lot of land and a big backhoe... bury something deep enough and no one will ever find it.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

as you know dont try to reason with any woman once **** like this happens. just have a lawyer take care of it. she knows shes wrong but that wont stop her from trying to screw him completely if he lets her. just dont give up and he'll win in the end.

youre a good friend for helping him.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats terrible Tom. I feel for the guy. If I wasn't so damn far away, I'd definately goto that....
Old 10-04-2007, 05:07 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh man, its stories like these that make me feel like I never want to get married.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:33 AM
Launching!

replace her ***** with a soldering iron
Old 10-04-2007, 06:53 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by speeddemongto
replace her ***** with a soldering iron
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

"Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence"

Usually you don't think of divorce when you are getting married or you might think of "her half" at that moment. Not 10yrs down the road. I was married for 10+yrs and she never amounted to anything. Job Wise. Well it ended and she got half of everything. 1/2 of MY 401K, MY pension, house, 40% of the difference in salary in alimony. There was no infidelity however. At least none I know of. After 10years on my job all of that amounted to a pretty hefty sum. She took I gave and the legal system said it was fair. If she had been screwing the world it still would have been the same result.

What I want to know is why in the hell am I held accountable for her career choices. She chose to do the things she does even with her Psychology degree so why in the hell do I have to pay her. We have one screwed up biased legal system. Personally I would rather push it to court and give away ALL the money in legal fees than let her have one damn penny of it.

Screw marriage. Prenump....if I am ever stupid enough again to even consider marriage.

Last edited by Jolly; 10-04-2007 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

the legal system is allways heavely favored toward the female and i think its wrong. unfortunetly its just the way it is. doesnt make it right though. Bitch doesnt do anything meaningfull in life...screws everyone and their gardener and in the end, still expects to get half of the guy has. and they wonder why some of these bitches get wacked!!..lol
Old 10-04-2007, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

womens right bullshit.... what happend to the "treat us as equals crap". i guess you can choose when that applies if you're a women. you're totally F'd if you're a white middle class male these days... on the other hand if you're a disabled-black-jewish-female-lesbian you've got the world by the *****...

hope your friend comes out on top with his kid... i feel bad for that little girl who did nothing wrong.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I seems that it's equal rights when it's in their favor. The reality is that the guy usually gets screwed in the end. I made sure I had a pre-nupt before I got married. My wife objected for awhile and her mother even called to say "my daughter wouldn't screw you over". Yeah... right! I told her if she didn't sign then I was going to take my boat out instead of getting married.

The thing that bothers him the most is the time that he loses with his daughter. They alternate having her 3-4 days per week. He now has to miss on on those days of her life. Plus the wife wants 50/50 custody but get 100% child support. My buddy rather have full custody. And to make it worst he had his daughter for a few nights last week. The mother called to say goodnight. The little girl usually asks where she is so her mother said she was with her friend. She then went under the covers and whispered "are you with the boy?". It's way to early for her to know that mommy has a boyfriend.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I would think that a judge would look poorly upon the fact she cheated for so long.

A drawn out divorce can get messy. The courts might split up the assets if they have been married for a long time, nothing you can really do about that, though you never know.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

bit*h C U Next Tuesdays like that give women like me a bad name....frickkin *****
Old 10-04-2007, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

I sure hope that kid is his or the **** could get real ugly
Old 10-05-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

That has been discussed. That would be the worst thing that could happen here! At that point is it better to know or not know?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
11 Second Club

I would definetly want to know. doesnt mean he still cant be in the kids life and be her "dad". he would be releaved of the financial burden. it would also benefit the child knowing who her real father is.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

From my family to him we wish the best of luck through this!

Although I will not be able to make the event, we donated, because no matter what, every bit counts.