Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

2008 QTP EFI Race Series at Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fireball
The muffler rules are e-town's rules...I guarantee if you raced at any other track that QTP would not have a muffler requirement...especially since one of your primiere items is a cutout device

Etown has already told me that they consider a turbo as a street-muffled event legal muffler...

its pretty clear that you want to keep it a "sorta" quick 8. Major could run the event too since he's also legal by Etown standards...

Either way, like I said, I'm fine with that...I only was going to bring it to showcase the builder's craftsmanship (at the request of a few people who have PM'ed me) and to support an LSX venue...

Have fun with it
Why are you having such a problem with this. This is the track we have this event at. Those were the rules put in place and we worked around them.

Its not a sorta quick 8. Its the Quick Time 8 which have rules. The rule is you have run a muffler no matter what set up you have.

Englishtown has its standards and we have class rules. If Paul Major wants to ran in our class we has to have a muffler.

We would love for you to showcase your car but if you cant follow the rules you cant race.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick Time
Why are you having such a problem with this. This is the track we have this event at. Those were the rules put in place and we worked around them.

Its not a sorta quick 8. Its the Quick Time 8 which have rules. The rule is you have run a muffler no matter what set up you have.

Englishtown has its standards and we have class rules. If Paul Major wants to ran in our class we has to have a muffler.

We would love for you to showcase your car but if you cant follow the rules you cant race.
well update your first post in this thread...it says nothing about class rules...all it says is street muffled event and I took it upon myself to do the research as to what etown's street-muffled policy was. Wouldn't want any turbo owners who gets a copy of this policy to get confused and argumentative since it says clear as day that etown considers the turbo as a muffler (or even worse turned away by QTP after passing thru etown tech)

Make sure no STS cars show up either...they don't even come with any auxillary mufflers with the kit.......

Last edited by Fireball; 10-01-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What dont you understand! We make the rules for the QT8 to keep the cars as close as possible. And one way of doing that is a muffler. Its not like we have a list of rules for raceweight power adders or tire size. Only 2 rules. LSX power and a muffler.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

so this events for lsx cars only or all gm efi cars? and hows the radial 13.49 class work u go off a dial in time?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

What dont you understand! We make the rules for the QT8 to keep the cars as close as possible. And one way of doing that is a muffler. Its not like we have a list of rules for raceweight power adders or tire size. Only 2 rules. LSX power and a muffler.
I just recommended that you update/clarify your first post/event brochure. Just say a 2 chambered muffler is required for all entrants in the rules (i.e. QTP does not consider a turbo as a muffler...even if its legal by Etown tech). Had I not brought this up publicly, I wouldve asked Etown if I was legal to run within their street-muffler policy and they would said yes (which they have already done), and I would've made the haul up and been turned away for a rule thats not even listed on the brochure...

that would not have been cool...

There isn't anything keeping me from running time trials is there? Schedule says Time trials + GM EFI Race Series 4...

Last edited by Fireball; 10-01-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

suprised to read this on here from sponsors/moderator.
definately a topic that would best be further discussed privately imo.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tektrans
suprised to read this on here from sponsors/moderator.
definately a topic that would best be further discussed privately imo.
this was 100% on topic discussing the quicktime 8 and eligibility ?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fireball
this was 100% on topic discussing the quicktime 8 and eligibility ?
just doesn't come off good going back and forth the way the discussion is going.
especially for the two of you.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Your rules are the most open for any class that I have seen fwiw. I have done alot of loking around to see where my sled will fit in, and honestly your rules are the easiest.

Basicially, if I wanted to build a rail car and put a Ls1 motor in it, as long as I put a couple mufflers off the end of the headers it's legal.

I dunno if it can get any easier then that.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^^^ You're right! It doesn't get any easier then this.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:46 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
just doesn't come off good going back and forth the way the discussion is going.
especially for the two of you.
Absolutly!!!!!! A simple and fun event turning ugly over the ONE rule thing. Time for dinner. I've seen enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-01-2008, 06:03 PM
8 Second Club

I agree with Barry MUFFLERS all the way
Old 10-02-2008, 04:31 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If I did build a rail car with an ls1 motor in it as long as it's equipped with mufflers, would anyone complain?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:24 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
If I did build a rail car with an ls1 motor in it as long as it's equipped with mufflers, would anyone complain?
Nope. I love the idea. I was talking about building a FIAT bodied altered like the Hot Rods from Hell run.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Banned

Fireball you may be able to bend the rules on ls1tech but big props to barry with sticking to the rule book. Fireball just ask me this one question: Would you even have fun winning even where your car is over 1 second faster then the rest of the field ?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:57 PM
8 Second Club

why not just put a muffler on your car.... your setup is at the point where money is no object so i don't see it being a big deal to go out and get a muffler you still have plenty of time
Old 10-03-2008, 07:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28
why not just put a muffler on your car.... your setup is at the point where money is no object so i don't see it being a big deal to go out and get a muffler you still have plenty of time
obviously you haven't read any of my posts

money isn't the problem...its space...and I don't have time, considering the EFA Race sunday and the LSX shootout next weekend ...

Once again...someone answer my question...etown lists "open time trials + GM EFI Race Series 4"

I'm assuming open time trials is open for any car that meets e-towns rules right? I'll probably still bring the car...even if I'm an outsider looking in
Old 10-03-2008, 07:09 AM
9 Second Club

I'd like to see the turbo TA in the race. Doesn't bother me that it's a second faster one bit. Every year the cars have been getting faster and faster and having a mid 8sec car there would be Great for the series as a whole, imo.

Show up Fireball and I'll run a grudge race with you.
I'll get you on the tree and we'll see if you can drive around me.
Don't need a muffler for that.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
9 Second Club

winner get's a track burger. hehe
Old 10-03-2008, 07:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01blackz28
Fireball you may be able to bend the rules on ls1tech but big props to barry with sticking to the rule book. Fireball just ask me this one question: Would you even have fun winning even where your car is over 1 second faster then the rest of the field ?
I assume every car in competition will have a 2-chamber muffler under there right...Don't be surprised if I poke my head under some cars...if thats the rule, I'd expect 100% enforcement

To answer your question, its not about the win/lose to me...quite frankly, I just like having someone in the other lane racing pro-tree since I use it as a chance to learn something every lap. Turbo cars have nuiances that can't be simulated making a solopass (which is what usually happens since most Test and tune cars don't run protree)