Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Mike Norris Motorsports News - Moving To The Indianapolis Area

Old 10-25-2009, 07:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mike Norris Motorsports News - Moving To The Indianapolis Area

Hey Everyone,

A lot of big changes are coming for both my family and Norris Motorsports. My wonderful wife was looking to get back into the Department of Defense employment again after 10 years and has landed a great opportunity. For me this means a lot less stress of being the only income for my family and be able to enjoy a lot more personal things in the near future.

Now the downside for my local Central Florida customers. The new job is in the Indianapolis area which is where we were before moving down here to Florida. Now my wife is actually leaving here first thing Monday AM for Indy and I will still be here with my 10 year old son. I will not be leaving until mid December when he gets into Christmas break. We figure this is the best transition time for him as far as school goes.

What does this mean for Norris Motorsports here in Central Florida? Well, things have been quite busy here and I actually have enough work at the shop and scheduled to pretty much get me right up to when I leave. I can still get a few smaller jobs in as well as some tuning as needed. The condensed version of my schedule is as follows.

My daily schedule with having to drop off and pick up my son from school will be about 8:30 AM to 4PM. Of course I will still have my cell phone at all times.

I will be out of town to Las Vegas for the SEMA Show from Weds, Nov 4th to Sunday Nov 8th. I will be out of town to Indy Saturday, Nov 21st to Saturday, Nov 28th.

My last work day is tentatively planned to be Dec 11th or 12th and that should give me a week to pack up the shop to leave for Indy the weekend of Dec 18th.

A lot of folks always want to try to get in for Saturday appointments and there is very little of that time left available. I have a couple tunes scheduled for this coming Saturday on Halloween. I will be in Las Vegas for the Optima Battery Ultimate Street Car Challenge after SEMA. I have a dyno day at the shop Nov 14th being run by Covert Motorsports. I will be in Indy for the next two Saturdays, Nov 21st and Nov 28th. That, at this point leaves Dec 5th and Dec 12th.

As far as what folks can do in the meantime or after I close, most know I have worked with quite a few other local shops over the years and I have set up a support system that folks can call me and I can recommend the right place for you to go for your needs.

At this time I am tentatively set up to be traveling back to Florida about once a month for a week at a time to help out the other Florida shops I tune and do specific jobs for. This includes Prodigy Customs, II Much Fabrication, Extreme Performance and Miranda Built as the main point of contact shops. We will be setting up different dyno rentals for the different areas I travel to.

With all that said, the last 10+ years with owning Norris Motorsports has had its ups and downs for sure. It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with and for so many great people that I am so lucky to call customers, allies and friends. It is not easy to leave, but I must do what is right for my family. But I do promise to do my best to not leave folks hanging and with me coming back from time to time it may feel like I never left.

I am sure there will be more to say as time goes on, but for now, thanks to everyone

Mike Norris
Old 10-25-2009, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to you Mike,and your wife. It will no doubt be sad to see
you go.I for one am glad to have gotten to know you better over years.
You are one of the hardest working persons I know,and I have learned alot from you.Thanks for putting up with me and Thanks for all your help.

Brian
Old 10-25-2009, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

PS..............DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Well I've heard so much good about you Mike tho we've never met.

Based on your story, you're doin' the right thing. JMO

Atleast you all can take in one of the best races going with the NHRA weeklong U.S.Natl's right there at your doorstep! 55 years & Counting!....

and lest we forget KINGS RIBS!

Best regards Sir!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:51 AM
11 Second Club

Mike i am sad to see you go and happy for you all at the same time.. You have been to only one to touch my cars computers for coming up on 7 years with no complaints.. Congrats to your wife on the opportunity.. and let me know if you want to meet up during the week in vegas.. i'll be out there and i'll buy you some dinner.. dunno if it'll be as good as WGPC but what the hell..

Mike
Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 AM
On The Tree

WOW, well good luck to you and your family. It has been great knowing and having you as a friend.

Thanks for all help help in the past.

I will try to pop in to see ya before you leave.

Take care, you will be missed.

John
Old 10-26-2009, 07:48 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats, good luck and this sucks all together. Thanks for tuning the Chevelle and I wish you the best.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

One door closes, and another opens... congrats Mike. There is no utopia, but two incomes vs. one and less stress sounds like a winner.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that is good to hear on the side of your wife, but central Florida is going to miss a good tuner that is for sure. I guess that the us car guys are going to have to pay for a plane ticket to come back down and visit us/tune some cars. Best of luck.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Congrats to your wife Mike. Are you going to PRI? If so hope to se you there. It is goo d to know that you are keeping in touch, you will be missed. If you need anything gives us a call.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:11 AM
7 Second Club

Mike,

Sorry to see you heading north into what will likely be a frozen world. Just think of it as a reminder as how great Florida is to have year-round driving and racing weather.

Beest of luck to you in the new location, and maybe catch you at the track again!

Derek
Old 10-26-2009, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Congrats on the move! Sounds like a great opportunity. Def dont want to see you go! The only shop I really trusted for a great price and good work on my car. Might have to try to sneak in a tune on my car before you go.

Any plans to open a shop in Indy? Might have to stop by if so when Im up there for a Colts game or two!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:54 PM
10 Second Club

Mike,

Good Luck! I completely understand what you will be going through in the next few weeks as I myself have done this same thing. Its funny how life takes these wild turns. This sounds like an excellent opportunity for you and your family and I too would not pass it up.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Default Mike

Sorry to see you go, Camaro runs great, just got another one and was going to have you tune it in the spring, Will need you to recommend someone. good luck
Old 10-26-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Wow. Huge loss for Florida, but I'm glad it's something that will be good for you Mike. You've been there for me every time I needed you and you always took care of everything. I wish you the best, but I'm definitely sad to see you go.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well hell, you wont be around when I get my Vette in a couple years.

Good luck in your ventures. Maybe we will see you on one of your trips back to Central Florida.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Dangit Mike! We'll miss you, but glad you will be under less stress. I may have to visit before you leave! Good luck and stay in touch.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

one one hand def. congrats on everything sounds like you have it all worked out and hope everything goes well up there... on the other hand damnit!!!! this means i have to bust some chops to get my motor built and get it tuned by you before you leave but its all good congrats and hope all goes well
Old 10-27-2009, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

Well Mike best of luck to you!! I would also like to know if you're going to open up shop in that area, as I'm moving to NW Ohio in early December, and you'll be less than a couple hours away still.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Mike, the very best of luck to you and your family. It was really great knowing you and having you and your employees working on my car. Like John said, we'll try and see you before you leave on your new venture.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mike Norris Motorsports News - Moving To The Indianapolis Area