Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

new headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new headlights

im going to be getting new headlight housings soon and i was wondering wether i should go ahead and get HIDs or just new halogen bulbs, so if any of you have a preference id appretiate some feedback on what i should install
Old 04-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Launching!

OF course HID's are going to put out the best output at around 6k. Any more and it's going to be really blue and horrid looking. The only thing I worry about is that for F-Bodies, If it's not a projector or out of the factory it's apparently against the law. But it depends. I think if you search around the appearance section, you'd find exactly like you want.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

ddmtuning.com

I got my low beam 5000k HIDs there for $45 shipped. I couldn't be more satisfied.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vulcan2422
OF course HID's are going to put out the best output at around 6k. Any more and it's going to be really blue and horrid looking. The only thing I worry about is that for F-Bodies, If it's not a projector or out of the factory it's apparently against the law. But it depends. I think if you search around the appearance section, you'd find exactly like you want.
actually they put out the best output at 3000k, but some people don't like the looks. ddmtuning 4500k would look great, 5000k if you want some blue.

They are definitely illegal... and will not throw light well in stock housings. I wouldn't recommend a 55w kit unless you're doing projectors.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ec_nova
actually they put out the best output at 3000k, but some people don't like the looks. ddmtuning 4500k would look great, 5000k if you want some blue.

They are definitely illegal... and will not throw light well in stock housings. I wouldn't recommend a 55w kit unless you're doing projectors.
I agree on not doing 55w. Mine are 35w.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R1ch
ddmtuning.com

I got my low beam 5000k HIDs there for $45 shipped. I couldn't be more satisfied.

Couldn't agree with you more. DMM is the ****. I bought the 6k for my low beams, they out perform the high beams by far.

6k is ther pureiest white out there. That is what I have, plus they go threw a tinted capsule.

I want to get the fog lights, but they say the bulb puts off to much heat for that little capsule
Old 04-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Teching In

well obviously the legality isnt an issue since so many people use them regardless, so what just aim them lower?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RsSean
Couldn't agree with you more. DMM is the ****. I bought the 6k for my low beams, they out perform the high beams by far.

6k is ther pureiest white out there. That is what I have, plus they go threw a tinted capsule.

I want to get the fog lights, but they say the bulb puts off to much heat for that little capsule
I have 55W in my fogs with no heat issues at all... but you will definitely need a relay harness

Originally Posted by fishkingoftheseas
well obviously the legality isnt an issue since so many people use them regardless, so what just aim them lower?
I'd just play it by ear (or eye). If people keep flashing you, aim them lower. If they're STILL flashing you, either switch back to halogens or get projectors. Before I did my projectors I had 55W 3000k in my fogs, and they were WAY brighter than my lowbeams. The fogs have a cutoff so they weren't blinding drivers at all. I never got flashed once with them, nor have I been flashed with my projectors.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Launching!

Marcus has a hid kit you just need to get the right bulbs.

Quick Reply: new headlights