Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Lashway Motorsports came through for me! Big time!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lashway Motorsports came through for me! Big time!!

The backstory:
I just finished doing my heads and cam swap in my driveway. Upon installing the oil pump, i somehow damaged my oil pan gasket. I did some research and discovered that i would have to drop my k member to remove the oil pan. This was not something i wanted to attempt on jack-stands in my driveway so i called around to get some quotes.

Several places didnt seem to want my business (rude, didnt return my calls, or completely unreasonable price quote for the job) I must admit, Lashway was not my first call. Simply because im in west palm beach, and they are located in pompano. Running out of options, i gave them a call (after 5pm). I was expecting to get voice mail since it was so late, but i was pleasantly greeted by a human voice. I explained my oil pan situation, and with in minutes they gave me an excellent price and sounded eager to take on the job. Unfortunately my truck was in the shop, so i couldn't set up a date at that time. Lashway insisted that they would work around my schedule, whenever i was available - they would be. Fast forward a few days to last tuesday and i get my truck back. I give Lashway a call (again after 5pm) and Josh answers. I let him know that i got the truck back, and could bring the car down tomorrow since i had the day off. He tells me to come in tomorrow (wednesday) around 10:30. Working around my schedule, and getting me in the shop AS PROMISED!

So i load my car on the trailer and tow it down to pompano for our 10:30 appointment. My father and I arrive and are instantly greeted by Erik and Josh. They explain to me that they have to finish one little thing on another customers car that they just installed a pro-charger kit on (pretty nice car). I got to preview the workmanship of the install they performed, and it was definitely top notch. At this point i knew i made the right decision on bringing my car down. After they wrapped his car up and sent the very happy customer on his way, they began working on my car. Erik and Josh allowed my farther and i to hang around the shop while they did the work (very cool of them). Most shops wont allow that. As Josh was wrenching on my heap, i noticed two other customers showed up. I got to talking with them, and it turns out they are also members of LS1tech - 98z28bitcha and 1998MysticZ28 (nice to meet you guys).

A few hours later, Josh and Erik remove my old oil pan, and clean it up like new. They also clean all the gasket mating surfaces on the block and pan, and reinstall it. They made it look so easy! After the pan bolts went in they began buttoning up the k-member and everything else. Before i knew it they were finished! Erik and i go to the office and he writes up my invoice for the price we discussed on the phone; just as promised! Over all i am very satisfied with the professionalism and work-ethics of Erik and Josh. Very knowledgeable, and friendly guys. I will definitely do business with Lashway motorsports in the future.

heading to pompano!

my car on the lift with Josh (left) and Erik (right) getting ready for the job

Supporting the engine and crossmember

Pan down

Leaky pos gasket. You can see my failed attempt at fixing the leak with red silicone

Pan all clean with new gasket, ready to go in

Engine clean, waiting on the pan

Pan installed with new gasket

Big thanks again to Erik and Josh!
Old 10-08-2010, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

glad it all worked out for ya. good to meet ya as well
Old 10-08-2010, 06:01 AM
FormerVendor

Our pleasure my friend...come by when the new shop is open!!! Thanks for the shout out.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Teching In

This is a badass story. That right there makes me pissed off at my mechanic because I'm always sidelined and he never gets to it when he says. I hope you guys can do a 408 build because I WILL be bringing my car down next year when I have the money for it.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

ive spoken with josh numerous times and i for one appreciate the professionalism he has and how eager he seems to help and answer your questions i for one will make the trip to see them whenever i need something installed on my car
Old 10-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Erik and Josh are good people. Glad you're happy.

Did you say something about opening a new shop?
Old 10-08-2010, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

+1 for Erik and Josh and there dad! we drove down from orlando and showed up with my friends car on a sat around 3 pm and no one was there, or so we thought. there dad happend to be there and gave erik a call. he showed up in no time. and seemed happy to see us. got a tour of the shop and talked some sh*t with him and his dad for a good bit. any other shop would have said to come back to drop off the car monday. now thats what i call top notch customer service!! it was nice meeting you guys, and looking to seeing you soon!

-

Trevor
Old 10-08-2010, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BTow1105
Erik and Josh are good people. Glad you're happy.

Did you say something about opening a new shop?
yup, we took out a much larger bay next door. central a/c and double the lifts! we have put almost 2 months into hooking it up.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

good guys. They rolled my buddies rear quarters for him a couple weeks ago. Awsome work and I got a t-shirt too. LOL.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey was nice meeting you 2. When did u plan on getting your car tune? what's numbers do you thing You'll being putin down?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98z28bitcha
Hey was nice meeting you 2. When did u plan on getting your car tune? what's numbers do you thing You'll being putin down?
Im going to try for next week. I have to work around Dan's availability. Im hoping for around 430ish with the ls6 intake.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Trevor.j
+1 for Erik and Josh and there dad! we drove down from orlando and showed up with my friends car on a sat around 3 pm and no one was there, or so we thought. there dad happend to be there and gave erik a call. he showed up in no time. and seemed happy to see us. got a tour of the shop and talked some sh*t with him and his dad for a good bit. any other shop would have said to come back to drop off the car monday. now thats what i call top notch customer service!! it was nice meeting you guys, and looking to seeing you soon!

-

Trevor
Trevor,

That was a good day man. By the way, Josh and I aren't related- just good buddies. That was my Dad lol. He's the Godfather...
Old 10-09-2010, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

lol gotta love da god father
Old 10-09-2010, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway
Trevor,

That was a good day man. By the way, Josh and I aren't related- just good buddies. That was my Dad lol. He's the Godfather...

oppss my mistake. lol. but cant wait to see new shop all ready to go
Old 10-10-2010, 08:19 AM
FormerVendor

no worries man, just figured I would speak up as Josh is an ugly bastard haha
Old 10-11-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Erik@Lashway
Josh is an ugly bastard haha
Thats no way to talk about your brother!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:25 PM
FormerVendor

hahaha

Quick Reply: Lashway Motorsports came through for me! Big time!!