Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Need Advice on a Metal Building/Garage!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Advice on a Metal Building/Garage!

Hi everyone I'm in the market for a metal building/garage in the Central Florida area. I wanted to know if anyone has information on a metal building installer servicing the Florida area. I'm looking for people that have had experience with the company or have heard of a good reputation. I've found several places online but most are shady in how they advertise and don't have installation prices. I'm looking for a 20-24 or 20-30 shop. Thanks for your time!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

I know at least 2 ppl on here have those. I want to say bridprey(Ed) and I think his sc on here is ssjimmy(Jimmy) have some maybe they can help??
Old 01-21-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a 40x30 that started off as two 20x20 carports and then My dad restructured it into what it is today it has about $10k into it. I will ask my dad where he got the carports from I know that company would have installed them if we wanted them too for no charge. I will ask my Grandfather also he has a 20x20 buidling that the company installed and everything for $3500 i believe minus concrete.

Check the tools & fabriation section also there is some good stuff in there
my thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/tools-fab...-garage-3.html

Old 01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
We have a 40x30 that started off as two 20x20 carports and then My dad restructured it into what it is today it has about $10k into it. I will ask my dad where he got the carports from I know that company would have installed them if we wanted them too for no charge. I will ask my Grandfather also he has a 20x20 buidling that the company installed and everything for $3500 i believe minus concrete.

Check the tools & fabriation section also there is some good stuff in there
my thread
https://ls1tech.com/forums/tools-fab...-garage-3.html

I have a 30x30 4" slab that I park everything on now. That car port idea sounds good because I've seen some companies that sell a carports that you can enclose as you get more money. That would be great if you can get me a link or phone number of whoever did your grandfathers. Thanks for the pics and that's a nice setup!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Didn't get to see my grandfather at church but my dad said he got the carports from a place in Longwood on 17-92 and they also had enclosed garage. Ill keep an eye out for the name of it this week when I drive down that area.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

i have one. i live in starke near gainesville. a place here in starke installed and sold it to me. 3 mexicans put it up. if i move then i might take it with me...everything unscrews so why not. i'll never get my money back out of it. mines 30x30 i think. someone will have a nice basketball court.

my dad had one built too, 30x30, and he said his was like a thousand cheaper, from a place in Lake Butler.. a city next to Starke.

i think mine was like 5,000 to 7,000. cant remember. that might be with the concrete added to it, cant remember really.

my only regret is..i wish i had 2 big garage doors.. but i think i might add onto mine one day.. extend one side and add a extra big door
Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FastRidesOnly.com
i have one. i live in starke near gainesville. a place here in starke installed and sold it to me. 3 mexicans put it up. if i move then i might take it with me...everything unscrews so why not. i'll never get my money back out of it. mines 30x30 i think. someone will have a nice basketball court.

my dad had one built too, 30x30, and he said his was like a thousand cheaper, from a place in Lake Butler.. a city next to Starke.

i think mine was like 5,000 to 7,000. cant remember. that might be with the concrete added to it, cant remember really.

my only regret is..i wish i had 2 big garage doors.. but i think i might add onto mine one day.. extend one side and add a extra big door
Wow! Do you have a phone number or company name by any chance?
Old 01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A friend just had one put up in DeLand.
2 wks from time they moved dirt until it was done.

Quick Reply: Need Advice on a Metal Building/Garage!