Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

CTS-V Shootout II (Saturday Feb 23) MIGHT HAVE A COUPLE SPOTS AVAILABLE

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013 | 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Default CTS-V Shootout II (Saturday Feb 23) MIGHT HAVE A COUPLE SPOTS AVAILABLE

Last year I put on the CTS-V Shootout at PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway), which was --- as far as I know --- the largest gathering of CTS-Vs drag racing in the country. There were almost 25 late-model CTS-Vs in attendance; it was a huge success and blast. We had the whole track to ourselves all day, and Anthony (RWHP) brought his dyno out too.

By popular demand, I was again summoned to put another Shootout together, so with the help of Howard (Redline), I did. I was limiting it to 20-25 cars, because I know a few always drop out. The list filled-up quick and I turned some people away. So, as the time approached --- like always --- people drop out for various reasons. Several had some very large builds going on and couldn't make things happen in time. Not a big deal, but it puts me in a conundrum. Regardless, I charged everyone $250 and budgeted everything accordingly. Included to all participants is a free dyno (Anthony @ RWHP) and t-shirts for the event, which Howard (Redline) did an awesome job putting together.

We have the track from 9am to 4pm. Many of you came out last year to spectate and I hope you will come back again. Spectators are $5. I'll have the concessions there this time; don't know what happened to them last year. Here's the kicker, I will open this up to five "any" cars. I have to cover my expenses and with less than 25-cars racing all day, the track is wide open. There were long lapses of time last year where no one was racing. First five people to PM me and express their interest/commitment will get the spots. I will pay extra for some more VHT and better track prep.

Regardless, I want everyone to come out and watch some of the fastest Cadillacs in the world drag racing at our home track. Manny will be there to defend his title, although I don't even know if he has any competition

So if you're interested, let me know and shoot me a PM. You can use the dyno and I will get you a shirt too. First come, first serve.

If you're interested in the original thread on the Cadillac forum, here you go: http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/show...ootout-Part-II!
Old 02-19-2013 | 01:43 PM
On The Tree

I still have some spots available for racing. All spectators are welcome to come watch the fastest Cadillacs in the world, $5. If you want to race, send me a PM or email me at marsad@gmail.com
Old 02-20-2013 | 08:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your a good dude for putting this on. I hope the spots can get filled. We had an absolute blast last year. It was good getting together with everyone...BSing..and ofcourse,..the cars. It was nice to see solo passes..... here is a few videos from the event last year.... hopefully more will make it out and take advantage of seeing these things in action,..with some great weather.

Old 02-20-2013 | 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Jamie. I can't wait!!
Old 02-20-2013 | 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Me either bro. It's gonna be fun. I also linked this over on 6speedonline.com

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...-saturday.html
Old 02-21-2013 | 04:05 PM
Restricted User

I'll be out there with the Redline crew at some point.
Old 02-21-2013 | 04:11 PM
On The Tree

It's gonna be a good time.

Trending Topics

Old 02-22-2013 | 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28CobraKiller
I'll be out there with the Redline crew at some point.

Awesome. Bringing the tt Z06?...or any customer V's?

Originally Posted by LitiGATOR
It's gonna be a good time.
I can't wait man,...this time tomorrow.... we'll be getting pumped up.

Old 02-24-2013 | 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

First pass of the day...by far the slowest lol.

We broke an axle on what looked like the best pass.

HAD A BLAST

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 02-24-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2013 | 07:48 PM
On The Tree

Okay, so I've uploaded all my videos. I'll preface by saying that I threw a balancing weight on one of my DRs after my first run, because after that, the car was shaking very bad above 60 mph. You can certainly see the vibrations in the video. I need to get the DRs balanced ASAP because driving home last night on the highway was not fun.

Every race was done on 93-octane, no race gas whatsoever.

My first run of the day was without icing the car down at all, and no ice in the NorCal Ice Box. I like to do my first run right off the street, "as is," to get a baseline. Ironically, that was my best run of the day anyways, but it was also cooler in the morning.

Here's the slip from the first run.

Next run was against Bushido. I knew it would be a good race. I'm not making excuses and he certainly beat me in this race, but I accidentally touched the paddle shifter when I launched, and the car shifted to "manual mode," meaning I had to shift the gear automatically and I know I went a few hundred RPM early each time for fear of hitting the rev limiter. Either way, he won and it was a very good race. Watch all the videos in HD

Timeslip

Bushido and I raced a second time. Mike is a very good driver and I know our cars are VERY close in power, so with him I have to try and get a really good ET. Well, I was almost perfect

Timeslip

And here's our third race. I know it was by far his worst of the day so this isn't a good indication of his car. He also had a little issue on the launch; would have been a good run if it was clean.

Timeslip

I raced Lydon twice. His car is an animal, and gorgeous. Our first race I didn't know he was gonna spray, but when he started pulling me so hard, I knew it That car is FAST!

Timeslip

Our second race I knew he was gonna spray but it's always fun racing friends and I don't give a **** if I lose anyways. Again, his car is a beast. Look how close our 60' times are.

Timeslip

Don's Vagon was running pretty strong all day, right in the 11.1 range all day, which is DAMN impressive for a heavy Vagon in blistering heat. Towards the end of the day, Howard jumped in, pointed to me, and we lined-up. Now, I've known Howard a while. He is a phenomenal racer, better than me. I also know that he pays attention to what everyone is running. My car was running in the 10.7-10.8 range all day, so Howard knew he had to get me on the light to beat me. And he almost got me, but left a little early. Still a good race and always fun. I'm letting him drive my car next time.

Timeslip

I also raced Fred (ClarkKent), his car runs very strong too and is my twin. I know he broke a pulley towards the end of the day and I don't know if it was on this run or not. But he dropped his car off at Redline last night and I'm sure Howard will have it running better than ever soon.

Timeslip

Quick Reply: CTS-V Shootout II (Saturday Feb 23) MIGHT HAVE A COUPLE SPOTS AVAILABLE