Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fa18007
I got a question for you guys. Anybody want to possibly help me install some coated pacesetter LTs, not this weekend, but the one after? I just ordered them along with Y pipe, GM gaskets, O2 sims & extensions, and AIR block-off plates. I have never attempted something this complicated before, and someone with header install experience might help me from doing something stupid or dangerous. A free 12 pack would be available if I have any takers. Thanks guys.
My plate is full, but if you have questions, feel free to call. Shoot me a pm and I'll give you my number.

Originally Posted by 00BLKSS#77
Hey Ben, this is Steve. A few of us are going to Holt Friday nite you wanna come out and play? Everybody else is invited too of course!
Steve, I wish I could. We have our Marine Corps Ball on Friday evening. Do a few runs for us. I do have a question for you. When I sold that lid to you, was there an IAT sensor in it? And if so, do you have an extra. If not, I need to go buy one. And I hate going to the dealerships. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fa18007
I got a question for you guys. Anybody want to possibly help me install some coated pacesetter LTs, not this weekend, but the one after? I just ordered them along with Y pipe, GM gaskets, O2 sims & extensions, and AIR block-off plates. I have never attempted something this complicated before, and someone with header install experience might help me from doing something stupid or dangerous. A free 12 pack would be available if I have any takers. Thanks guys.
You are in luck I just finished my header install about 2 months ago, let me tell you its a pain I will see if I have anything planed and ill let you know. are you going to do it at the auto hobby shop, or somewhere else? I cant weld if you need any of that done, at least I would not trust my welds Wait a minute is this considered fraternization, officer and enlisted cause if it is.....haha im just messing with you man.---Andrew
Old 11-10-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

Andrew,

Are you taking your car with you?

Luke,

Any takers on the car yet?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BDHWK
Andrew,

Are you taking your car with you?
To Japan? No, im going to store it at my moms house up in missouri. And just order stuff for the car so when I come back on leave or whenever ill have all these presents (new 12 bolt, H/C, ect. ) to work with
Old 11-10-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

No takers yet, been a few interested but no one serious. I need it sold before then end of the month to avoid another insurance payment so I'm open to offers.

fa19007, I may be able to help you depending on my schedule, if you have access to a lift it'll make it easier. A header install takes relatively little mechanical know-how. Its just time consuming and very frustrating sometimes. PM me later, I may to work next weekend but I'm not sure.

Oh and Ben, when are you gonna stop wasting money on those cars and start investing it in some real estate? The amount of money you have in those two drag cars, you could buy a decent sized family home by now.

Luke
Old 11-10-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Sweet Andrew! You will have plenty to do when you get back!

Well....if you find me a house that can run the 1/4, let me know! Since we bought our house here, it has sky rocketed! We are looking at maybe getting another one next year.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Oh yeah I it will be fun Im going to Holt on friday, and im gonna get my car tuned by John also is anyone else going? Oh yeah Ben i almost forgot Happy Birthday Marine!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ben, I can find you a house with enough property to build a 1/4 mile on. That would be 100x better . Start thinking sooner than later for another house if you plan on it; prices are back down to normal and the interest rate is still relatively low. Its starting to go up and will keep going up becuase of the inflation we've been having. Waiting another year could cost you a pretty penny in interest if things keep going the way they are.

Andrew, appreciate the car selling help. I'd go to Holt to watch but it's the g/f's parents Anniversary so I have to suffer through that dinner.

Luke
Old 11-11-2005, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Ben sorry no IAT sesnor . TransLS1 I will be there just look for the black SS with the tag that reads NASSTY, I'll probably be around John anyway though.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Gone to Holt in 1HR....
Old 11-12-2005, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Hey TransLs1, it was good meeting you. I hope John got your car where you want it! He is pretty good.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

Steve nice to meet you also, great car by the way. Yeah John hooked me up good.--Andrew
Old 11-13-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man its alittle late to check in ..lol... i am at Crestview...i'm around Pcola everyonce and a will on saturday nights....deployed right now but will be back out there. I got to Holt all the time when im in the states.
-Chris

Originally Posted by 98BirdLS1
Car is up for sale right now, gotta get it sold before I can find a project car.

It still has the headers, exhaust and LS6 intake manifold on it. I have my pulley on thermostat off if anyone is interested in those two items.

Luke
Hey luke..you didnt say you had a pulley on your car...asp? 160 thermo?
how much partner
-Chris

Last edited by HartAttack; 11-13-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransLS1
Anyone know of someone selling a 3rd GEN TA....I was dumb and sold mine. I want one now, so the wife and I have a project car when we come back form Japan. Also lets get an update on how everones doing and there progress so far. I'll start I have Full Exhaust now and am done to this point I will have John give me a tune then thats it for the beast for about 3 years......haha oh man thats along time. Lets hear it guys!!!---Andrew
Hey,
If you want a third gen T/A let me know. My buddy thats holding me '87 GTA right now has a third gen parking lot. Granted they arent driving...but he has quite a few clean bodys..he has atleast 15 cars to choose from..even 2nd gens...camaro and t/a....if you give me an email addy i will send you some pictures that you can see some of the cars...they are perfect for a project. He also has a warehouse filled with every OEM 3rd gen parts you would need to put a car together.
The cleanest off the top of my head are '91 firebird red...'88 white GTA..'89 red Formula.
-Chris
Old 11-13-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HartAttack
Hey luke..you didnt say you had a pulley on your car...asp? 160 thermo? how much partner
-Chris
It's a powerbond pulley, but it is SFI certified. I have it and the belts, I guess I'll let them both go for 170. It's a little scratched up on the surface but otherwise perfect.

You can have the thermostat for 25 bucks since you're buying so much stuff from me.

Luke
Old 11-17-2005, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Doing a Header install on fa18007's car this Saturday over by my house (I live next to Corry Station), if anyone wants to stop by shoot me a pm and I'll give you directions if need be.----Andrew
Old 11-18-2005, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

any of you know anyone that would possible want my catback its borla 3in adjustable i have all the plates??? im taking my car to the auction tuesday so if anyone wants it let me know i will take it off if not im leaving it on
Old 11-23-2005, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

So whats the deal Thomas, you sale your car? Luke what about you any luck? Ben did you ever get the car to idle right?
Old 11-24-2005, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

I might be interested in your Borla. How much?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

i dont like $300 the passenger side tip has a little ding..you can hardly notice it..

no i havent sold it yet but im trying

Quick Reply: Anyone From Pensacola post up with Pics!!