Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Where to Stay in Orlando...? (Hotel)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where to Stay in Orlando...? (Hotel)

The wife and I are picking up a Golden Retriever puppy on Fri., May 20th. We figured on going up on Thursday and staying overnight at a hotel, someplace that is close by Universal Studios (Islands of Adventure) and also not far from the airport.

Nothing too expensive, but not a skank pit either. I don't know much about Orlando....suggestions welcome!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you stay onsite at the Hard Rock, Royal Pacific or the Portafino Hotels at Universal Studios you can bring your dog. They welcome pets, they have some nice dog walking areas too. My wife and I will be staying at the Royal Pacific this weekend from Fri to Sun.

I think a room there will run ya around $200 a night right now, its worth it if your going to the either Universal park as your room key will let you into the front of line on any ride as many times as you want.

Lee
Old 05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Lee!

PBFBody...Flyin' Haw'n....
Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think that "Next" or someone here has a hookup at hotels since he works at one. could be wrong. just remember hearing about it.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, can't hide from you guys! Actually I own a project management. Just so happens I have contract for $70m worth of construction at an Orlando resort.

Flyin - I'll shoot you a PM

E.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

next rocks.

That is all.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Universal's On Site Hotel Rock

I'm annual passholder @ Universal and I love it . I think the Portofino is probably my favorite , but they are all pretty sweet . If you can check out Emeril's new resturant in The Royal Pacific Tchoup Chop . It's his take on Asian food and it's a lot easier to get into . Your room keys act as an Express Pass for the day of and the day after . Next , if you can hook people up and don't mind sharing I'd like some info . My first visit was @ Hard Rock and I paid almost $300 a night but it was spur of the moment . I later learned how to get some deals through Universal Vacations but they are no more and I don't get Royal Pacific for $129 anymore . I am a Loews First member if it helps . Anyway have fun @ Universal and don't forget to ride "The Mummy" it's indoors but quite fun .
Old 05-19-2005, 12:09 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by next
Damn, can't hide from you guys! Actually I own a project management. Just so happens I have contract for $70m worth of construction at an Orlando resort.

Flyin - I'll shoot you a PM

E.
Whatup??? Been to the track lately?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:08 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't have any hook-ups (at least that I'll admit to ) at Universal. I was a project manager for the design and construction of Islands of Adventure, but have long left the Universal organization. I'm in the comercial construction industry, so if you need sticks and bricks I can help

Dave - the track? What's that? It's been a few weeks for me and it seems like forever. I need some seat time

Quick Reply: Where to Stay in Orlando...? (Hotel)