TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOWTO: Get out of DUI if you live in Florida

http://tampatrib.com/floridametronews/MGBUBJ5QK9E.html

Enjoy.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

That don't work in all of Florida, just Seminole County where the Judges decisions are being contested. Here in Hillsbourgh they Will throw the book at you. I have a freind that will never have a license again and is out of pocket a little over $8,000.00 in court fines and fees.
If there are injuries in an accident, you can add a lot of jail time.
Once MADD gets wind of this, all hell will break loose and the Judge will be voted out of office.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sorry but if you drink and drive I think you should go to jail. Yes I am guilty of having done it in my youth, but now I know better.
In any case, a buddy told me that if you do happen to get stopped when your a little tipsy that you should always carry a closed beer in the car. As soon as the PD stops you casually get out of the car with the sealed bottle turn towards the officer and open the bottle and guzzle it down in front of him standing outside of your vehicle.
This way it can't be proven when the alcohol in your system was actually consumed.
Sounds like a funny thing to pull I think, but I see problems with it.
Number one drinking in public is arrestable and secondly if the officer decides to arrest you anyway and your blood alcohol level gets tested and its high, then it is obvious that one beer alone can't get you that high.
Thirdly you probably got stopped for erratic driving pattern which goes along with dui.
The latter can be argued away..ie I dropped my phone,i got a phone call,i dropped my cigarrette etc etc.
Sounds to me like this plan would only work if you only had one or two drinks, but then again with only one or two drinks in them most people won't give the police a reason to stop them.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:46 AM
TECH Junkie

I have a guaranteed way to keep from getting busted. Don't drink and drive.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

amen to that.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:13 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by next
Good Call (not miller's either)

Derek
Old 06-08-2005, 03:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Traffic School Blows Im Takeing It Right Now Online And Its Not As Easy As Advertised They Time Each Page So It Takes A Few Hrs To Complete
Old 06-08-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is my legal opinion. dont drink and drive. if you do, go out and get a criminal defense lawyer to minimize the penalty. but still, you are gonna pay.

that link is a joke.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Whe I was 20 ( 13 years ago ) I drinking and driving and hit a pole.....I went to get a buddy to help get get the car home before the cops got there so I would not get a dui.....I got my freind and returned to the car but fhp was already there.....I talked to the cop and he asked me what happened.....I said I'm drunk and I hit the pole.....He still could not prove I was drinking prior to the accident and did not even try to give me a dui.....however he wrote me 9 TICKETS........He figuered he could not get me on the dui but he would make up for it with all those tickets.........I got an attorney who went to court for me.....The judge was not happy with the cop for "railroading me. " The judge dismissed all 9 tickets.........but the lawyer cost me $1500 ...my .02
Old 06-08-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

BY BUDDY ISA PILOT HE GOT A DUI CITATION ERASED FOR JUST OVER $1000 A FEW YRS BACK .. IT can be done i am sure of that but you will pa big bucks to have the right attroney... in my opnion its gonna be worth it in the long run though the ins increase and probation or community service time will quickly exceed 1k for anyone that makes good money
Old 06-08-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Junkie

if youd like pm me and i can get you the lawyers name from my buddy ... o btw last page of online driving school!!!!!

this plus 260.50 to st johns county and im free and clear of my 110 in a 70 from last week
Old 06-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

What a Great idea! Sure pop that can in front of a cop and watch what happens! Now your not only DUI but your publicaly intoxicated fool!
The test shows the amount of booze in your system by levels. And if you refuse the test, your Busted! And can have your license revoked and your car impounded.$$$$$
And if you drinking and kill someone it's called vehicular homicide or manslaughter.
Our Florida prisons are full of people that drank and killed, sure they didn't mean to but it happened because they were drunk. Mothers Against Drunk Drivers will show up in Court, don't ever doubt it. That's why they're called MADD!
Since you read the TBO, didn't you see the article about the boy that killed his best freinds family 2 years ago? He couldn't even walk and doesn't remember the accident, 17 years old and doing adult time.
How about the teens racing in Maryland while drinking? 2 teenage girls died after loosing control and smashing into a tree at 110. They were totaly drunk so maybe they didn't feel it, but the guys in the other car heard the passenger screaming for the driver to slow down. She died terrifed at the grand old age of 15. Both of those families lost their children over stupidity.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

that whole poping a can story is an old joke thats been going round for years it was suppose to be the guy is an recovering acholic and when the cop stops him he snaps pulls out a bottle of whiskey from under his seat and downs it (after takeing his keys out of the ingition and droping them outside his window).... upon going to court the bac test are thrown out due to the uncernanty of the timeing of the achol consumption and the guy gets off easily (no dui).. in theroy it would work if you pulled out a bottle of vodka and downed it but since everybody has heard the story the judge would probally decide against you....

but the first time i heard it i got a good laugh...
Old 06-10-2005, 03:37 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by next

now i luckily live in seminole county.... but i will never drink and drive, even though im only 19 it doesnt matter i will never do it, my sunday school teacher from when i was a kid got killed by a drunk driver and the person who killed him was a dui prosecuting attorney. he has since fled the country, i personally think dui charges should be more severe than street racing
Old 06-10-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Junkie

ouch attorneys will get the book throw at them more that a regula citizen **** with that charge i think id be looking for a new home in western europe or south america
Old 06-10-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Out of curiosity, has anybody read the damn story from the link i posted in the first post of this thread..?

I don't live in FL. And I do not drink and drive. Read the link, you're supposed to get a laugh out of it.

Sheesh...
Old 06-10-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA

that link is a joke.

Old 06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Junkie

i found it funny but then again i was smart enough to know it was a joke
Old 06-10-2005, 03:29 PM

you drink, you drive, you die.. Ive seen it, Ive almost been hit by a drunk driver (my friend at that). I drink all the time, but I will never drive, and I will never get in the car with someone who is drunk. It's not worth your life or the life of anyone else..
Old 06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Staging Lane

Funny joke, I'll bet that the people in the graveyard are laughing their asses off.
So if your in New Jersy why are you reading Fl papers, don't ya'll have enough to entertain you there?

Quick Reply: HOWTO: Get out of DUI if you live in Florida