Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Ticket for loud/muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket for loud/muffler

That's what the ticket says, loud/muffler. I was pulled the other day in front of the Air Force base gate. I over heard the FHP-man talking with another FHP that happened to roll on seen to check things out. He said "I bet it doesn't have cats either". Well I am out $68.50, but he let me off with a written warning for the real reason it went "loud". The cop was pretty cool and did not issue me a ticket for excessive speed.
BTW- long tubes, true duals, and sweat thunders with 7.5" Mecham Power Oval tips... yeah it's loud! AND NO CATS...
Any one else get hit for being "loud"?
Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fight that ****. you gotta stick it to tha man
Old 05-23-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like the cop isnt cool cause he pulled you over for that... after listening to loud *** planes go by all day youd think he wouldnt give a **** for loud mufflers.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:12 AM
Banned

I got pulled over by the great Broward County Sheriff's one night for making a right turn on red...ticket for that. Loud/Exhaust-Cutout was open (legit reason), tag light being out (still haven't replaced), No cats (blow me occifer), and failure to use a turn signal (f'ing *****). Came out to like $400 total, the red light being the most expensive. Had to pay an extra $50 for paying a day late too. Cop was not cool, because it was 2:30 in the morning, he also made me take a breathalizer, walk in a strait line while touching my nose, and say the alphabet backwards which I have memorized for good reason. But I was not drinking in the first place.
Seminole County Sheriff pulls me over about a month ago. Cut-out was off, I rolled through a stop sign on a backroad. Tells me he's gonna give me a ticket for the rolling stop, turn signal being stuck, tag light, illegal exhaust, and going 65 in a 35. Comes back and asks me what I got 2 wreckless driving tickets for and how bad my speeding ticket was. I explain to him and he tells me my night is gonna suck and ask me if I have ever been arrested before. About 5 minutes later he comes back laughing and gives me a warning And then he told me where all the sheriff's are going to be posted up around my house so I can watch out!
Old 05-24-2006, 01:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

stick it to the man?! lol...pay my salary....as for u^^^ ur actually lucky....for most agencies 3 tickets are the limit they can give u at one time....after that they can place u under arrest
Old 05-24-2006, 04:22 AM
On The Tree

i have and i'm a cop lol.....i got a ticket for this about 6 years ago before i was in law enforcement. its actually illegal to even put an aftermarket exhaust on your vehicle if it's louder then the stock!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by JakeROFL
i have and i'm a cop lol.....i got a ticket for this about 6 years ago before i was in law enforcement. its actually illegal to even put an aftermarket exhaust on your vehicle if it's louder then the stock!
+1

The way the law is written, anything other than stock is illegal. Ive never heard of us domestics getting the tickets, but I read all the time about the imports getting them daily
Old 05-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JakeROFL
Kind of off topic, but does working in law enforcement nowadays provide a good living? It has always been one of the things I've been interested in, and I still haven't got a clue of what I want to do when I get out of college. I'm studying International Business right now and going for a minor in exercise science. I've had to take up spanish with this degree and possibly going to try and learn another language!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Country Boy
+1

The way the law is written, anything other than stock is illegal. Ive never heard of us domestics getting the tickets, but I read all the time about the imports getting them daily
this is true, ive been pulled over and told my car sounds awesome (true duals with stock headers ) and that was the only reason i was pulled over
Old 05-24-2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by s1ck s0n
this is true, ive been pulled over and told my car sounds awesome (true duals with stock headers ) and that was the only reason i was pulled over

I had the same happen when I used to run my LTs, true duals, X pipe with one chamber Flowmasters... the sound was pure sex!
Old 05-24-2006, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
Kind of off topic, but does working in law enforcement nowadays provide a good living? It has always been one of the things I've been interested in, and I still haven't got a clue of what I want to do when I get out of college. I'm studying International Business right now and going for a minor in exercise science. I've had to take up spanish with this degree and possibly going to try and learn another language!

The salary can be decent depending on where you work. The insurance they provide is awesome but just dont plan on being rich. You can make some really good money going Federal tho.

I can say this about it, there is nothing I would change. I go to work everyday happy and looking to get into trouble
Old 05-24-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s1ck s0n
FHP pulled me over at 2 in the morning clocked me doing 105. The trooper then proceeds to tell me he had a T/A back in the days. He then wrote me a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt (even though I was). Did I luck out!!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

2am coming home with LT's, ORY, and open borla. some douche in a mazda riding my ***, so i punch it at 40, drops into 1st, spins 1st and second, then i let off. he gets next to me at the next light, he takes off so i take off again. do this about 3 times on that road.

Turn onto 434(the road to my house) hit 110 then back off, get on it under the I4 tunnel to make noise, then calm down on the last 1/2 mile to my house.

he follows me into my neighborhood, so i pull into a coul-de-sac(sp) so he wont know where i live. he stops after it, and a cop car pulls next to him.

first thing i think "**** he called the cops" so i drive around and pul lbehind them.

he gets out of his car and he's a COP. my heart damn near stopped, this is 2 weeks after my friend got arrested for racing a bike from a light, didnt even hit 60mph!

he comes up to my car, tells me he's on a fugitive run and has to go, says "by the way, nice car" then leaves.

uniform officer comes up to me, we talk for a few, tells me to get some slicks and keep it at the dragstrip, have a nice night.

<<<<luckiest ****** ever?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

No cats, no mufflers, but I drive like decent citizen VERY often... I'll take ANY ticket in the world with a smile... I just wish some could be more polite. Some act like you fucked them over or something... Why did they become cops if they don't like writing a ticket?

One cop pulled my friend and I over in his new GTP a couple of years back, doing 120 on the freeway. The COOLEST ******* guy in the world. He greeted us, explained why he was issuing the ticket, and told us to be careful 'cause he knows what it was like to have fun with a new car. That guy was courteous and polite.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

The guys tell me all the time how my car is so loud. But it's awesome And well, I have not been bothered by Cops ever with it. I do manage to drive by them nicely and not to accelerate so they can hear how nasty it can be.

Broward County Sheriffs deputy pulled me over 4 yrs ago on Sample for 'racing' and well..........I only went from a dig through 3rd when my car was bone stock. I got pulled over and he said first off I was too old to be doing this stuff, and asked why I left the light like I did. I told him messing around at the wrong place and wrong time. He told me he could have written me a $300 ticket and you told me to take that to the dragstrip. I was like I do and the track sucks, sit around to make 2 runs if you are lucky some nights. Needless to say he let me go.

Sucks you got a ticket, good thing he didn't pop you for the no cats!
Old 05-24-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

man here in charlotte county you can get away with murder compared to other counties, i have never met anybody pulled over for sound violations (other then stereo) in this town
Old 05-25-2006, 02:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

honestly i dont know of a state stat. right now that says any aftermarket exhaust is illegal, its really a municipal code, i know that a code up here is that your exhaust cant emit a overly large amount of fumes or smoke....agency policy also dictates alot of what goes on, i rarely hear of people getting pulled up here, im getting out of orientation now, no ones been making a big deal about that....and working as a cop is ok...as in pay its a job...alot of people see higher wages, like down south fl but u gotta look at the cost of living, im gonna be starting out at around 33k
Old 05-25-2006, 02:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
FHP pulled me over at 2 in the morning clocked me doing 105. The trooper then proceeds to tell me he had a T/A back in the days. He then wrote me a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt (even though I was). Did I luck out!!
whoa...u did luck out, those oj boys rarely let people out of tickets...and he gave u a non-moving violation...no points...geez...u must have touched his heart...thats like getting out of a ticket in waldo or lawtey
Old 05-25-2006, 05:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by staringback05
honestly i dont know of a state stat. right now that says any aftermarket exhaust is illegal, its really a municipal code, i know that a code up here is that your exhaust cant emit a overly large amount of fumes or smoke....agency policy also dictates alot of what goes on, i rarely hear of people getting pulled up here, im getting out of orientation now, no ones been making a big deal about that....and working as a cop is ok...as in pay its a job...alot of people see higher wages, like down south fl but u gotta look at the cost of living, im gonna be starting out at around 33k
err wrong ... you may want to read over the statue book before you start heeh.. You may not alt. an exhaust system/sound...i believe its 316.293...... I could be wrong on the statue because ill never use it lol...You cannot add any cut-out or bypass to it eaither....

Also, there is no such thing as 3 tickets and then u can get arrested....dont believe what people say...you will learn when you actually become a police officer/deputy and hit the road.

I sure wish there were a three ticket rule.. lol...your tag light is out, your taililght is out and u did not have a seat belt on..step out of the car and turn around lol....

Is this a retarted law.... YES and there are many more to go along with this one.

BTW: what agency hired you? I am an FTO and we just hired 9 more officers. I gotta train the new officers to make them ONE ! lol....best of luck to you.

Last edited by JakeROFL; 05-25-2006 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by staringback05
whoa...u did luck out, those oj boys rarely let people out of tickets...and he gave u a non-moving violation...no points...geez...u must have touched his heart...thats like getting out of a ticket in waldo or lawtey

Quick Reply: Ticket for loud/muffler