Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

My F'in cop rant!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My F'in cop rant!!!

OK. I appreciate cops. In the past couple threads about cops, Ive deffended them. I know they are out there for all of our good. But now, I deffinitely think they can sometimes be absolutely rediculous.

BTW- This will probaly turn out long, a lot happened....

So last night I go out to New Smyrna to pick up this girl Ive been talking to. We come back to town to meet up with my buddy Matt in his red T/A. We have time to kill so we cruise to my house for a min. then head out to the meet. We go to the usual parking garage, but its packed, so I call Ryan and he tells me it got moved to the east garage and tells me its the one at the main entrance closest to UCF. So we head up that way, and take "frat row" Ive been down that road countless times, but for some reason I just didnt pay attention and I ran the stop sign. I realized it before I even cleared the intersection and was like damnit! So Im coming to the light and I see UCF Police pull out. Im like ok, theyre going to pull me over. So they turn on their lights, I pull over, they signal to pull over to the other side of the right (was in the left) so I pull over in the right lane. Get all my stuff together, they walk up and I tell them "Im so sorry, I ran that stop sign and I dont know why. I just completely blanked out and didnt realize it was there. Ive been down this road, but agian I just blanked." So shes like ok do you go here yada yada. Well they take like 30mins and after Ive been completely honest and open and yet they still give me a $115, 3point ticket for running the stop sign. I understand those cops have to deal with a lot of crap from college students, so fine. Ill go to school for it.

So the cops took so long that now this girl is going to be late. And again, she lives out in New Smyrna. So I hop on 408 and take it to I4. Its like 10:15-10:30. Im doin 90mph cause I dont want to **** off this girl, Ive went through a lot. So I get past 17-92 on I4, and theres those ditch like holes w/ concrete walls. Well I get past one and look forward at the other and FHP is right there! Im still 200' from him, radar detector doesnt go off, I hit my breakes and down shift, but no good, hes already pulling out. I tell the girl shes not going to be home on time, and point to the cop.

So he pulls me over, Im freaking out cause Im just not having a good night, im stressing out and bout to break down. Cops walks up, im shaking trying to get everything and I tell him "please officer, I really need to you understand and listen to what Ive been through tonight and please help me out." I try to keep my words straight but Im stuttering and just stressed! Tell him bout how I need to get her home, that I just got the ticket (showed him and all) and was like now I have to go to school for this. Then he replies "Well I suggest you go to school for my tickets, its going to be a lot worse." Im like WTF!??!?! The FHP gives me a $205, 4 point ticket for 89 in a 65!! Tells me to have a nice night and Im like yea, I appreciate it. At this point Im lost. I cant believe this guy just threw the book at me like that!

I KNOW I was speeding, I KNOW I ran that stop sign, but wtf, I was honest and truthful and completely cooperative with both cops. Again, I know why the UCF cop gave me the ticket, but what the hell was this FHP guys problem? Im a nice guy, i was being honest, i asked him to at least help me out a lil. I understand he had to give me a ticket, but what the hell compelled him to just throw the book at me? Would a 75-80mph been so much worse to help me out? Maybe pull me out, yell at me, warn me and so on.

So within an hour-hour and a half, I got $320 worth of fines and 7 points on my lisence! And I wont even get into the girl But Im screwed, I dont want to get into it, but I have to go into the Navy now. I have no other choice. I just dont know what Ive done lately that I deserve this really. I take responsibilty for this completely, but my rant is why the hell did these cops have to be so strict with me?

Rant done....
Old 11-02-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

it's your turn. this makes up for all the other times you got away with violating laws.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Eh, I know the feeling... but no matter how anybody sugarcoats the story and no matter how nice a person they are, there is the age'ol problem of responsibility for your own actions. If "I" were to rant/vent, THAT is one of my favorites - People constantly making excuses or thinking they have some important reason that they should be allowed to not follow the rules... hehe...

There's always exceptions to the rule like: emergency run to the hosptal or someone who's about to ****/****/barf on themself but, still they dont really warrent putting your needs above some one elses life by speeding or not obeying traffic signals/signs.

Blah blah blah... sorry how that sounded.. haha.. just my two cents. I know exactly where you are coming from and its only natural to feel like its BS when no harm was done.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When it rains, it pours. Personally, if someone tells me they have already been ticketed that day, they are most likely going to get a citation from me as well. Maybe it's just me, but it shows a complete lack of respect when someone has recently been cited and they continue to do whatever it is they want to do. At the very least mind your P's and Q's for the rest of the day. I'm not saying that is the case for you, but don't expect a cop to give you a break after you advise him you just got a ticket a few minutes ago.

I pulled a young kid over for speeding a few years back who advised me he had just been given a speeding ticket about 30 minutes earlier by another cop. That was the stupidest thing he could have done because he obviously didn't learn his lesson and I sure as hell was not going to him any breaks knowing that. With that said, he went on his merry way with 3 tickets, plus whatever the other cop got him for.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Look, you guys completely missed about 4 sentences where I said I take responsibility.I ran that stop sign I know it. I was speeding I know it. The stop sign was a complete accident! We all make mistakes. And I was speeding cause I felt bad I was going to make this girl late and be in trouble. I understand that I could have just said sry, **** happens Ill get you there as fast as I can. But I was just trying to be nice and make up for it ya know.

And dont say that its a complete lack of respect that I got aticket and continued to do whatever I want. Thats not the case. I didnt think I should get off of a ticket just cause I had gotten another already. Thats not what Im saying so dont make me out to be some punk kid that has no respect and thinks I can do whatever I want, cause thats not how it was.

And I dont think Im more special and anybody and had any reason to be speeding and my sob story was the best and I shouldve been let off. But its just like, why couldnt the FHP just help me out? And I just dont get it, i made one mistake, i tried to make up for it and be nice and get this girl home so she didnt get in trouble, and i got screwed for that too. It just sucks that it happened. And I really do think, that if someone is being that honest and helpful with you, does it hurt to help them out a lil too?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ill say its shitty, ill even say i feel for you.....but you ran into the two "hardest" department types in the state of florida.....1. the college cop....2. fhp....im a sheriffs officer..and ill listen pretty good to peoples stories, even though i get 99% bs....i dont make my money off of tickets...but i also wont throw THEM under the bus, it is there job....you were speeding.....and things could have ended up worse...you doing 90 and flipping the car....

all i know, is that girl better be really greatfull considering you just blew 400 bucks on her to get her home because she was going to be "late"....ole cinderella ***
Old 11-03-2006, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damm kc sorry to hear this. It was just a bad bad night.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

That does suck, but yea you got pulled over by the college and fhp. I have my own opinions about the ucf police, but fhp usually doesnt cut breaks or anything.

So when you mentioned the navy deal, did you mean that as a result of getting pulled over twice, you now have to go in to the navy??? If so why?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

Default No sympathy here either

The stop sign could have been a warning with a little luck but college campus cops are 'different'. You definitely deserved the speeding ticket by FHP. You want a break for 90 mph??? LOL!! The Navy will do you a world of good. If you could somehow read your post 4 years from now you would be laughing at what you wrote.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Personally, speeding would be the last thing on my mind after i just got a ticket, Regaurdless the situation.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

im sorry to raed about your ticket problems, the stop sign you might could have fought that one out later. but there is no way the fhp was going to
let you off. they car real hard noses around here. i havent talked to anyone that has gotten just a warning by fhp.
when we were on the power tour, i got pulled over on the blue ridge pkwy, by a park ranger. he told me that he clocked me 72 in a 45. i was in the middle of a line of cars tho. and i couldnt ask to see the radar, b/c i was
too far form home. so i ended up with a $162 ticket. i havent found out about any points yet. oh, and he asked me several times how fast i was going, now i was dumb for speeding, but im not stupid enough to tell him
that i was really doing 80. sorry for hijacking.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:25 AM
Banned

that sucks kc go to school for the speeding ticket, fight the stop sign one. And I agree sheriffs in the state of florida are by far the best ones to deal with! Seminole County sheriffs always let me slip by or just give me a warning. FHP seem like they have a huge chip on their shoulder for no reason. Just fight it as much as you can!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^speed, time of day(traffic), weather, attitude, prior's....determine if im writing someone something....not..."hmm im close to 300, lets tip it over"... besides theres about 6 guys on here in my zone....somebodies gotta watch there house's

cmon man if you mean you have to go to the navy for the ticket...i dont understand that.....but the navy's not a bad career, very respectable...how old are you?
Old 11-03-2006, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

i think he already had plans to go into the navy.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

yeah i think it was always on the back burner for KC (the navy).. i think it will be alright though.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Junkie

I agree cops shouldn't cut breaks,

... But I love how some want me to give their kid a break after six months of their kid drooling in my class, turning in blank papers, and getting an F. I've met with two cop parents who have begged me to give their kid extra-credit work the last month of school to make up for the whole year they've been doing jack because they're failing seniors... Not exactly fair to all my kids who have been working if that's all you need to pass, is it?

They told me they can't believe my insensitivity toward fellow "County employees." I'm willing to BET MY LEFT NUT (which is the bigger one) that these same officers are the ones out there that do not offer warnings... That's how hypocrisy works. These are the people we're dealing with.

Ideally, everybody should get a warning once in a while, or no one... Ideally.

Other than one of my best friends who's an officer, I can't say I've personally met many cops who warrant my repsect, anywhere, not just on the road.

God bless those officers that help keep us safe. They need a raise and should get one badly.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't fight these tickets, you're an ignorant ******* moron. At least offer to plea guilty to the speeding ticket for letting you off failure to yield to traffic control device.

Its obvious that you have no clue how to work the system.

You'll say, "They have me dead to rights! They have me on video! I admitted to it! I can't afford a lawyer! Bla Bla Bla!"

You don't know what lawyers can do.

Though I greatly sympathize with you, I'm being mean because you've already rolled over and made up your mind. I did that once early in life, and I learned my lesson. Never did that again.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its typical of all the cops on this thread to play the tough card, but had it been a buddy, a friend, or family member it would have been handled totally different. i agree with bboyferal they are hipocrits!!!! the best advice is to sit in your car give them the paperwork and dont say a word, they dont care what your excuse is, they have a quota to make, not for themselves, but to generate money for the county, state or college!!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sucks to be you. i feel bad for you, but like has been said here, the cop could have given you a break. It was his/her choice. He made his choice and it wasn't in your best interest, or was it?
Life is wierd sometimes, and things don't always go our way. But that doesn't mean it isn't whats best for us, or that we can't learn a little something.
I agree that you should fight the tickets, but don't expect the judge to feel bad for you because mommy told you that you were a good boy all those years.

Good luck.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

Well first off, this is why i started this thread. I wanted to rant, and to try and see different sides of it. Greg 00SS makes a good point, I jst got a ticket and it probaly seemed to the FHP that I thought I had a good excuse to do something if I got pulled over again, but that wasnt my intention. I was sincere. I still feel sick from wendesday night.

I got arrested for street racing about 4 months ago. Had the best lawyer and all, but had to kind of take a rough one cause they said they had witnesses, which I say is BS, I just got on it. But anyways, after that I started thinking bout the Navy just to get my life on track, go to school and get some money together to buy a house when I get out. Ive been kind of going away from the idea looking for other stuff to do, but still had the Navy on my mind. I almost think that this is life telling me I should do the Navy, if you look at it right. That I was steering away from it and I need to do it. We'll see.

But I say the navy cause I think this is going to put me over the 12 points in a year limit. I got, and this one was complete BS but I kind of got bullied by the cop not to go to court (threatened me with another street racing), and got a careless driving about 3 months ago. And a traffic control device awhile ago, but I dont think its been a year. So without a lisence, I cant get to work, pay for the car, insurance and so on.

Im waiting to talk to my lawyer to see about if he feels we could take any of these to court. Hes been in court for 2 weeks now. So I dont plan on just taking it if I dont have to.

NC01TA- dont talk down to me about how the Navy will do me good, I obviously know this or I wouldnt consider it. And I didnt want the FHP to completely let me off, but personally, I think that there are reasons out there for cops to act like a regular human being, especially when you have someone being absolutely honest and just asking for a lil help, cause we all need it. Its a bitch tho, he can do something, get pulled over, show his badge and he goes on his way with no worries.

Ive had cops give me breaks. I was going home at 2am from downtown one night. Got on it through 3rd, hit 95, and let the car slow down on its own. Went to change lanes cause of a car, saw something fly up on me, i just kept pulling over. OPD walks up, we talk, im honest, asks if i knew what i did, i said speeding, asked how fast, i said 90, he asked the speed limit i said 55, he said 50, asked if i knew the consequence, i said no, he asked if ive been to jail, i said no, asked if i wanted to go, i said HELL NO! he said hold tight, walked back, talked to his partner for about 5mins, walked back up and said slow it down. I said yes sir, thank you and went on my way. And theres 2 others that I have been let off for, cause I NEVER lie to a cop, I tell the truth right away, and let them make their decision. I didnt do anything different wednesday night, but it didnt work this time lol

Thanks again for all the replys though.

Quick Reply: My F'in cop rant!!!