Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Good place for junk cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good place for junk cars?

Im looking to see if you guys know anywhere good where i can go and get parts outta a 99-02 camaro or trans am...Im in Port richey which is like 40 mins north of tampa...im willing to go kinda far since id rather get a good deal and drive then get ripped off and pay shipping...i just need to find some parts for my LS1 swap into my 84 camaro...just seeing if you know any yards around, or if maybe u guys have some junked cars that i can get parts off of...ill pay you of course.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Give me a call, I might have what you need. Or call Charlie @ 407-797-3307
Old 04-25-2007, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

I'm going to give props to Whistler. He is exactly who you are looking for. I needed a crapload of interior parts, and he had everyone just sitting in the shop. Started out only looking for a fog light switch, ended up with me filling my car with interior parts that I didn't realize that he had on hand.

Great guy to do business with, and outstanding prices.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

awesome another thirdgen ls1 swap! is it going into the car in your signature? looks nice.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Teching In

yep its going in the sport coupe in my sig...it will be around mid to late may when i need the parts...but if whistler is like a shop, then he should always be there. I will end up prolly takin stuff like pedals for the T56 swap from my auto, and im gonna get a fuel tank since its easier and i have an original carburated car and it needs the "t-line or something and electric fuel pump and all that crap...idk...maybe some electric fans since i have the stock clutch belt drivin fan...i gotta make a list for ya. but yea orlando isnt too far...like an hour and a few. Good deal thanks ill keep in touch with you.

btw i see you do exhausts? so im guessin headers? cause the only headers around are Hawks for our third gens but i didnt know if u guys do better jobs haha
Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

the stainless works are the only long tubes around. but you can use some shorties i think. but whistler probably has everything you need to do the swap.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Teching In

yea right now im looking into getting an engine...i dont want to spend over 5000 for a stock engine and tranny...im looking at ebay everyday to see what i can find...there is never any 01-02 blocks so im prolly gonna end up with the 99-00 block. Now if whistler had that...id love him ahaha but seriously money will start coming in next week for this project so im hopin to get it outta the drawing boards and into production.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

whistler has a 98/99 ls1/t56, harness,pcm, all accessories. im not sure what he would want for it or if it is still for sale. so give him a call.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your in Port Richey? I'd tell you to check out Pasco auto salvage, but they only had one 4th gen last time I stopped in there, they may still have a ls1/t56 in stock though. I somehow got lucky and it was a 97, I needed a tail light harness.

When it gets done you should bring it up to the show on 50 on Thursdays, anything cool happen down Port Richey way car wise??
Old 04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Teching In

man there is nothing in Port Richey...just a bunch of retards who wanna race all the time on 19...no car shows, except there is one by Gulfview mall on Fridays, but its all rice, same for down in Trinity on Tuesdays by Mitchell Blvd.

But yea ill give pasco auto a call. Im guess your talking about the one in Hudson. I usually deal with Teddy Bears Auto Salvage in Holiday, but recently all thier F-bodies got destroyed or something, there only one or two 3rd gens left, used to be some 4th gens...

BTW where on 50 is this show?
Old 04-29-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you turn onto 50 from 19 its down where the walmart is, its across from it, at chick fil a and the sears parking lot and such. I guess at mariner and 50 if you need a close intersection.

Quick Reply: Good place for junk cars?