Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

This might be a bad Idea, but.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 911 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
We chose air to water because of the limited cross section of air flow through the front bumper.
This will yield same/better than A2A?

I am looking forward to this kit. Will it be cheap as everyone hoped? Probably not, but you aren't going to get a quality kit that makes 500+ power for 2k. It's just not realistic.

Yes. Some people with SKILLS, the key word being skills, can throw together a turbo kit really cheap because they know what they are doing. For the rest of us that don't have the knowledge have to pay for it.

I agree the no pics thing, even a progress shot is kinda BS, but I am not running the project so it's not up to me.

As long as this thread has been going on you think we could have been thrown a bone somewhere.

I am looking forward to this. If this is the same level as the APS kit but reliable you won't be able to keep them in stock. I still question the A2W, mainly because I don't know anything about it.

J.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Well its the same old story...
Man I know you you know what you are talking about but you are the most long winded person on this board. I, like most people see your post and skip it. I can't imagine what you are like in person.

Cliff notes man, cliff notes!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Man I know you you know what you are talking about but you are the most long winded person on this board. I, like most people see your post and skip it. I can't imagine what you are like in person.

Well sorry.I type very fast,wear out my keyboards in a few months and try to give useful info and detailed answers and opinions.This being a bulletin board, a forum a place from opinions. Not english or grammar class.

I figure most people are intelligent enough to read thru the posts and of course anyone that don't want to can put me on ignore thats their choice.

Personally if you met me or talked to me on phone or thru pm or email like many of the board guys do you would likely see that I am a brutally honest guy that says what I think and not afraid to give my opinions and ideas and suggestions. And not afraid to freely help my ls1 brohs either.

And as said I can type a paragraph as fast as some type a sentence or maybe even a few words. And don't use/need spellchecker but sometimes do get sloppy on paragraph structure.

I can't say that will make my posts briefer but as said feel free to ignore them all you want and that goes for anyone else as well.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

No No please don't take it as disrespect. I have ADD so bad I can't focus long enough to read one of your posts. You are valued member on LS1tech! You have built your car in ways I have only thought about.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

I did read your post. You and I said the same thing. It just took you eight times longer.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Screw that, I read all his posts dealing with FI or at least find the strong points. I enjoy reading anything FI, experiences and all.

I say keep on writing

Seriously though, cant we get just a few pictures by now?
Old 03-02-2010, 12:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
Screw that, I read all his posts dealing with FI or at least find the strong points. I enjoy reading anything FI, experiences and all.

I say keep on writing

Seriously though, cant we get just a few pictures by now?
X2 on all of it.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

I don't want this to end up like the Street Warrior intake thread where everyone just gives up.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:49 AM
Teching In

just read the whole tread i guess i cant afford it but ill wait for a used one to go for sale i hope. time to start saving
Old 03-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Teching In

Subscribed

Last edited by mike1stcamv6; 03-03-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't want this to end up like the Street Warrior intake thread where everyone just gives up.
Ah yes, the street warrior. I think we all had the same plans there: Be the very first dude to sell his LS6 intake so we could still get $350 for them before the market got flooded

Are you guys still going to be selling the poor man's hot piping kit?
Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
I am currently in devolpment of a prototype front mount kit for F bodys. We are in the designing stages still. I am going to try and set the price point at $2150. At that price I would like it to include a hotside & Turbo of the customers choice (limited choices).

Thats what we are wanting to do, we want the base kit to be very basic and then leave it up to the customer on how much extra stuff they want to add to it.

I agree, the material cost thing is a non issue though. If you ask anyone that has bought a turbo from me they can tell you I get everything pretty dang cheap, I have sources for this stuff that practically give it to me so I am not worried about that. My main concern above making money even is to provide a quality kit, I don't put making money at the top of my list for anything that I do with my company. My main motivation behind the kit is to sell more turbos I really don't even care if I make 100 bucks or not on the kit, I just wanna help as many people turbo their car as possible.

I'm still not sure how much I am going to sell it for. I will assure you guys that it will be the best deal on the market though.

The cheapest we can build a full complete kit right now (turn key single turbo kit w/T70, coldside intercooled and JGS parts) is $3800

The kit will be a single turbo setup that retains A/C and relocates the Alternator. We do not at this know time how much we are going to charge but it will for sure be less than $3000. It will include a hotside, coldside, intercooler, turbo, wastegate, BOV, oil feed/return.

Price Target: single 3000 + shipping twins 4000 + shipping

I am going to call up some chassis shops within the next 2 months for bids on building a custom k member. We are really trying to not go that route though, because we not only want to keep the price down but we want it to be a driveway install.

I think this was the kit that everyone wanted. Just saying... But Im watching. If it proves to be worth it I might still grab one after my deployment.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Is the heat exchanger going to be similar to what a magnacharger uses?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not familiar with the magnacharger heat exchanger. Could you pm me a link to a pic of it.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Basically its a small radiator that goes in front of the A/C condenser that cools the water. I will try to find some pics.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 PM
FormerVendor

I know what it is I just didn't know what that particular one looked like or where it was mounted.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks good rob!

Any pics from the top?

Last edited by reamo04; 03-02-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:26 PM
FormerVendor

The next set of pics I post will be of the completed version of the kit.

I only posted these to prove that the kit does what I say it does. I think that some people doubted that we had made any progress or even started on it. I just wanted to give you guys a taste and let you know that.......

ITS COMING........
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

ooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will you be doing ala carte for folks like me for example that have a STS kit with an air to air ic. so if I wanted to switch up I would just need the hot parts and K member and oil lines and ????

so maybe think about a sts to modular FM1 conversion kit if you will.

now that I am moving out of Cali it's something I would consider and likely there are others that would consider doing this too assuming the kit proves to be good.

Quick Reply: This might be a bad Idea, but.......