Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbk
Check out this f-body with a M112 ! @
www.corneltechweb.com

Will this twin screw fit an ls1?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

To recap this thread. The MP112 is a roots style NOT a twinscrew.

and there is already a "popular" or well known kit. from LM Speed using the MP112.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So only Kenne Bell and Whipple actually produce a twin screw, is that correct? If so, then what actually signifies a twin screw. I thought is was the use of 2 separate impalers. If so, then I see several of these (certainly the TVS 2300) that have that design. Someone enlighten me here please.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bluebird71
So only Kenne Bell and Whipple actually produce a twin screw, is that correct? If so, then what actually signifies a twin screw. I thought is was the use of 2 separate impalers. If so, then I see several of these (certainly the TVS 2300) that have that design. Someone enlighten me here please.
I've made this post so many times on multiple forums that I actually saved it so I wouldn't have to retype it over and over again for people asking this question.

A roots style SC, like the stock Eaton, features two counter-rotating lobes that trap air from the intake side of the SC, move it around the outside casing of the lobes, and out the bottom of the SC through an outlet / discharge port. Acouple reasons why people like to get rid of the Eaton for a Twin Screw(KB, Whipple) is that the roots supercharger creates a lot of heat. There are two reasons for this. First, the roots SC does not compress air, it only moves from the intake port to the discharge port. And secondly, roots SC create higher amounts of heat is because they tend to carry some of the compressed air in the intake back into the SC because it gets trapped by the rotating lobes that are exposed to the hotter air in the intake manifold.

A twin screw appears similar to a roots style blower, but the differeneces are in the rotor designs. A roots has two equal style rotors that do not compress, instead they just draw in air. A Twin Screw's rotors, or "screws", mesh together and draw air from the back of the SC. The twin screw does not use equal style rotors, instead two different screw type "male" and "female" rotors. The twisting of these rotors move the air to the front of the SC, while compressing the air before discharging through the port towards the front of the SC. Because the compression is done inside the SC, this design produces less heat than a roots.

Couple visuals for you:

Roots style:

Twin Screw:

Hope this helps you!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great explanation RAZRS EDGE, I have a feeling that its only a matter of time before Kenne Bell or Whipple come out with a true twin screw for the LS7's. Then it will be OV for everyone on the street without one, lol.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Kennebell in a 4th Gen has been done already. the 2.8 fits with little modification, the real issue is getting one to work with a f body accessory drive. There is a way to do this, but overall you are looking at a 10k blower setup plus the cost of the motor.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

A twin screw would be great. Right now i think i just need a stepping stone. I'm gonna build the driveline... suspension... and other stuff i wanna do. Should be an interesting build. But im gonna build an NA 427 or 454. Then when i get bored with 600 or so WHP. maybe there will be a KB kit for the LS7 heads i can retrofit.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juiced
The Kennebell in a 4th Gen has been done already. the 2.8 fits with little modification, the real issue is getting one to work with a f body accessory drive. There is a way to do this, but overall you are looking at a 10k blower setup plus the cost of the motor.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
If anyone can find a link to prove this, please post it because I have never heard of a KB on an f-body and I think everyone would be dying to see the results.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Obviously. Its not easy... Or else there would be a kit. Ive been searching for 2 months and ive only found 2 people that have done the kit.... Idk how well it turned out. Neither of them made a big deal about it.... So dont expect a link with step by step instructions on an install. Sorry. I may try in a couple years. LS7 Based 454 with a 2.8H.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by PUNISHER TA
I know that both LM Speed and MTI have a kit out for F-bodies using the MP112... Im looking to build a ~402/8 with a twin screw. looking for a little more power than the MP112 can support. Is there a kit for the MP122?

or TVS?

or ill try a KB.

I know everybody wants me to go the 'easy' route and put a centri on it. but thats not really what im looking for.

i want over 700WHP, as a guideline.
Hey Trevor, Hit Ed up at LMSpeed. I just spoke with him a day ago. Apparently, Harrop has just released an LS3 manifold and kit for the TVS2300 and manifolds are also available now for the earlier LS engines as well. Ed is looking to release his kits for the Fbody in mid February. The 2300 in his kit will top out at roughly 15psi. But the real treat is having full boost at almost off idle and the bypass setup is easy on the MPG. The way these things spec., the 2300 should put you in the numbers you need with some @$$ to spare. Ed tried to talk me into one, but I've already purchased my Paxton Novi 2000. We'll see what my tax return looks like. lol
Old 01-31-2009, 01:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because the compression is done inside the SC, this design produces less heat than a roots.
Actually only about a third of most people's twinscrew boost come from the internal compression of the twinscrew. The rest comes from pumping more air into the manifold than the engine can consume quickly enough, building pressure, just like the Root-type. But that internal one third is good enough to give the twinscrew a solid edge in efficiency, showing up as lower added heat per pound of boost.

Jim

Quick Reply: Hey guys, Twin screw questions