Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Hey guys, Twin screw questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hey guys, Twin screw questions

I know that both LM Speed and MTI have a kit out for F-bodies using the MP112... Im looking to build a ~402/8 with a twin screw. looking for a little more power than the MP112 can support. Is there a kit for the MP122?

or TVS?

or ill try a KB.

I know everybody wants me to go the 'easy' route and put a centri on it. but thats not really what im looking for.

i want over 700WHP, as a guideline.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:06 PM
11Second Club

Anything can be done with the right amount of money and fab work, but I don't believe there's a kit for an MP122. I think the MP112 is all that is used.

It's possible that the new ZR1 blower might fit your needs when it's released. I'm not sure what it is or whether or not someone will be make a kit with it, but it's a thought.

Also, I believe the MP112 and MP122 are roots blowers, not twin screws. The KB is a twin screw, though.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea, so other than me miss-naming the MP series blowers i was right.

Which is not good. Ive been searching for a while. and was hoping there was a kit out there to suit my needs, now... not in a few months.

I do believe i heard that LM Speed got a MP122 on an F-Body tho... anyone else hear that?

Im willing to put it the time to get a twin screw on my car. It sucks that the only kit for our car is so inefficient. Soooooooo.... i get to try and fit something else in there.

Who has got a pretty simple idea on how to do that.

I was thinking about just removing the windshield wipers and shaving a lot of the overhang.... so the blower would fit. that with a k-member drop of about an inch. i think it should fit just fine.

TO help me pick which blower i need to reach my goals of 7-800WHP how much boost would i need to run.

would the MP122 even get me there...?
or do i need to look at the TVS 2300 or the KB.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

purchase a saw, a welder, and a KB and be my hero!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

a 2.6 KB on a 40x would need about 13-15 psi my guess to do 750 ish through a stick. For better info on numbers vs boost, go over and check out corvette forum since they have KB kits for them

Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

So ive got one person on my side. Cool. Well i guess thats the direction ill head.

Thanks superman.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

haha no problem man. Just so you know, if you take this route, its going to be a long road I believe working out a lot of bugs. If you stick through it though, I think you will be happy in the end and have one very unique set-up!

Old 01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea. i understand.... people assume that i think ill just bolt a kit on. I ask simple questions and i never really get answers. but ill learn for myself...

Momma always told me i was a smart cookie.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PUNISHER TA
So ive got one person on my side. Cool. Well i guess thats the direction ill head.

Thanks superman.

yea. i understand.... people assume that i think ill just bolt a kit on. I ask simple questions and i never really get answers. but ill learn for myself...

Momma always told me i was a smart cookie.
You are a smart cookie if it takes one random persons opinion on the internet to decide what you are going to do with your time and money.

There is a guy on here by the name of Alex who built a KB set-up for an F-body but I think he sold the only one he's made. His screen name is Sales@CMS. Hope that helps.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well.. It was kind of a joke....

Guess you didnt pick up on the sarcasm...

I suppose it was more of an inside joke with myself. cause all i ever hear is dont even try your an idiot.

w/e later girls

^^^^^more sarcasm
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

: angel:
Old 01-21-2009, 07:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

don't try it, your an idiot

Seriously though, if your up to the task, go for it. Going to be a LOT of trial and error. ****, with my first custom TT set-up I had so much trail and error and time fixing simple issues I got totally discouraged right as I got them straightened out. By the time it was running good I blew the front seal and was so tired of wrenching and fixing, I put the car down for the winter and ended up switching set-ups! If your up for it, do it. But if theres any doubt, rethink your options. Personally if I was going to FI ANY ls1 car period now after doing turbo's twice, I would go the easy route and do a Centri blower on the stock motor for simplicity. 600 rwhp is MORE than enough for a street car. I ran around on 11 psi which made 630 rwhp through my auto and my BFG DRs were gone lickity split with traces of them all over town from 50 mph rolls. Obviously I didn't have any suspension but still, for an f-body and a street car from personal experience, I'd shoot for simplicity which usually results in reliability and ~600 rwhp. But if you have the drive to try a Twin Screw f-body, i applaude you and can't discourage that kind of set-up if you can deal with getting it straightened out.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm usually too bullheaded to take the easy way out. Something about bolting up a centri seems too easy.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you make it I will buy Hope this goes somewhere because Superman09 and I share a similar dream machine as well.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im not sure exactly where you guys are, but im from Fenton, MI and thats where ill be working on this build.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Launching!

Whatever you do stay away from the 112 and the 122. If you want a roots type blower go KB or TVS.

I have a 112 on top of a 402, decent trq but low power.
I know someone who has a 402 with a 122 on it and my 112 makes more peak trq but he makes 40-50more hp than me. Both Cars on same boost. It will hard to make 700rwhp with those blowers unless you spray on top of that.
Im switching out to either a KB 2.8 or F1C Procharger.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im not sure exactly where you guys are, but im from Fenton, MI and thats where ill be working on this build.
Hmm I live in Macomb/Utica area I may have to make a trip out and give you a hand I'd love to see this done.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ill let you know when i start. Im going to school in Daytona Beach, FL for this semester, but ill be home in a couple months and everything should be there waiting for me to install.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

with a KB you are extremely tall. It gets to the point of cutting into the the cowling and backside of your dash. The MP112 is put in by spacers on the K-Members, gives you a little more clearance. They are just more practical with the amount of room. I mean you could but it all on how much you are willing to sacrifice.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

dam, I'm only in Port Huron. I have worked with Jeff, DetroitMuscle a lot. Know idea you were that close. As you prolly know I did 2 diff twin set-ups on my TA, motor swap, trans swap, etc. We just recently pulled Jeff's motor and will be tossing his back in shortly. I'm sure we will see you around Woodward as well. We will definitely have to do a track day, cept I'm slow now

Quick Reply: Hey guys, Twin screw questions