Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ProCharger Cog Drive Kit F-1/F-1R/F-2 For Transplants

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:49 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Please do. I was considering that setup from jakes performance if I take this route... but this would make for alot less expensive setup, serve my needs with no problems as well.

with just the ALT and a motor plate I think there's gonna have to be some custom type of ALT mount probably done, might have to move it to the other side of teh car or something, maybe even redo the motor plate, but that is still cheaper/easier then putting the jakes setup in the car.

This setup is geared towards a blow thru carb, or an EIF/single plane setup, can ya do it without an intercooler? Meth/wather injection, something along those lines?

I'm trying to keep this as simple as possibe, I need to keep the car EIF unfortunately, if it weren't for that I'd carb it on alky and call it a day, but that's just not an option for what I want to do unfortunately.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmmm.... an F2 with no intercooler. I assume that either a **** load of methanol would be used or the car will run straight ethanol right?
Old 02-13-2009, 08:03 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Denali08
What application, no mention of any specific vehicle?
It was not designed for any one application, just any vehicle that has had a LSx swapped into it (old school hot rods, musclecars, trucks, etc.).

This design was taken from the SBC/BBC setup that ProCharger has offered for 10+ years, but has been adapted to the LS- series of engines.

When the kit is finalized, there will be measurements provided that will allow a potential buyer to measure to see if it will fit the particular vehicle they are working on.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:09 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
This setup is geared towards a blow thru carb, or an EIF/single plane setup, can ya do it without an intercooler? Meth/wather injection, something along those lines?
It wasn't really geared towards a carb. The picture that Bob posted just happened to be set up like that. There are MANY ways to run tubing to be able to run EFI/intercoolers. Here is a link with a few pictures of both intercooled and non-intercooled setups in the SBC/BBC world. You would just have to get creative with the tubing.

http://www.procharger.com/chevy.shtml
Old 02-13-2009, 08:12 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls1290
Hmmmm.... an F2 with no intercooler. I assume that either a **** load of methanol would be used or the car will run straight ethanol right?
Not really. Setups like this are run ALL the time in the SBC/BBC world. It's AMAZING at how much heat a carb will pull out of the intake charge, all because the fuel mixes in the carb/intake instead of at the back of the intake valve like with EFI. A carb acts like an intercooler.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:36 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is there another ls1 engine hiding behind that one !!??

another thing to add is that this will most likely fit a mustang with an ls1 ( we used the GTO bracket , which looks very similar to this one).
Old 02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Race your car!

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
It wasn't really geared towards a carb. The picture that Bob posted just happened to be set up like that. There are MANY ways to run tubing to be able to run EFI/intercoolers. Here is a link with a few pictures of both intercooled and non-intercooled setups in the SBC/BBC world. You would just have to get creative with the tubing.

http://www.procharger.com/chevy.shtml
Believe me I want to go to a carb don't doubt that for a min... I need to keep the car EFI though to run in the qtp series races that I would like to continue to attend when I get the car back out, clocking the blower to face strait down would probably make it pretty easy with the ALT on the other side to get to an intercooler, I just would rather not run one at all if I could avoid it.

Problem is that strait alky like I would like to do is a PITA with injection, with a carb it's a ton easier to switch over.

No intercooler at all with a blow thru would be the best, ton less **** to fill the car up with that's heavy, and it makes packaging so much easier it hurts.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Teching In

I've just orderd my bracket which is similar to this one from DNA motorsport in australia, they sell it for holden .
Old 02-13-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by azooooz
I've just orderd my bracket which is similar to this one from DNA motorsport in australia, they sell it for holden .
If you dont mind telling,what was the total price?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Banned

I think this could fit on a GTO, and it doesn't have to be hot air either, heck you could run it A2W inside the car FWIW. However I think you could clock the output to face the drivers fender on the GTO and run an A2A setup.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by venom ws7
will this fit 01 ZO6 with f2 procharger??
Issue is the balancer hub extends through where the steering rack is, which is already in tight with the balancer. So yeah Corvette is basially out of the question.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:30 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Here is the same basic assembly with a serpentine belt instead of the cog belt. Bob
Old 02-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Race your car!

That I am not as hot on, with long open runs of belt like that I wouldn't want to trust a serpintine belt.

Cog is the way to go, only thing that's more reliable is a chain/gear drive.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:29 AM
TECH Resident

DNA Motorsport Bracket.

Old 02-14-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

I have been waiting to see pics of this kit. Does anyone know what acessories have to be run for this kit?? I have f body acessories. In the pics the power sterring pump looks different.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by LS1 BU
I have been waiting to see pics of this kit. Does anyone know what acessories have to be run for this kit?? I have f body acessories. In the pics the power sterring pump looks different.
Lance or Josh from ProCharger can answer this question for you. Bob
Old 02-14-2009, 11:48 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 BU
The AC uses the factory bracket. The ALT and PS pump uses ATI-supplied brackets, and the factory tensioner. You use factory ALT and PS pump. I'm not sure if the F-body pump will work since the reservior is attached, but the one in the pics is a GTO/CTS-V pump.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
If you dont mind telling,what was the total price?
1100 $ thats for the bracket and tensioner .
Old 02-14-2009, 04:53 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by azooooz
1100 $ thats for the bracket and tensioner .
WOW! Sorry to say this, but ProCharger's blower bracket with tensioner will likely be half that! Add in the accessory brackets, crank pulley, blower pulley, hub, belt, and you would still be under $1100.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:39 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
WOW! Sorry to say this, but ProCharger's blower bracket with tensioner will likely be half that! Add in the accessory brackets, crank pulley, blower pulley, hub, belt, and you would still be under $1100.
Awesome prices! Bob

Quick Reply: ProCharger Cog Drive Kit F-1/F-1R/F-2 For Transplants