Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who has pushers fans with a/c,auto guys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 07:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Who has pushers fans with a/c,auto guys?

I need to install 2 pushers in front of the radiator/condensor due to a turbo being in front of radiator.

Only thing is Im running 2 trans coolers straped to the condensor where the fans would go.

Who else has this? I know the trans will probably run really cold now that its getting 2 fans straped to it basically,but what about over heating and a/c function.

Pics would be cool,also what fans are you guys using and what size?

Thanks again

Alex
Old 02-15-2009, 05:44 PM
10 Second Club

???????
Old 02-15-2009, 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

So i found a 16inch pusher fan on summit racing that claims 2500cfm. Is there any way i can fit 2 of those in front of everything. If so what is the largest fans i can run.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got two spal 12" fans pushing....the high hp ones, can't remember the total cfm numbers but still shy of the factory 3400-3600cfm puller fans. Was doing ok but would get a little hot sitting in 100degree weather with a/c on. I have since put a griffin rad in it and stood it up like a lot of people on here. Haven't run it with the a/c yet but can tell you that the car runs considerably cooler with the extra cooling capacity....so cool that the fans don't come on when I'm driving and will only cycle on for a few mins then back off while idling whereas before once they came on, they stayed on high speed.
The factory pullers are hard to beat
Old 07-24-2009, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
I need to install 2 pushers in front of the radiator/condensor due to a turbo being in front of radiator.

Only thing is Im running 2 trans coolers straped to the condensor where the fans would go.

Who else has this? I know the trans will probably run really cold now that its getting 2 fans straped to it basically,but what about over heating and a/c function.

Thanks again

Alex
I just added two fans on the face of the AC condenser and although I haven't notice a drastic reduction in temps it's enough to keep the temps under 230. The AC also seems to blow much cooler air. It was pretty hot today in Wichita, KS 93 now. Previous to the install of these two fans I would have had to turn off the air and it would have pegged on 260 (I have a 98 with a real temp guage).

My heating problem was due to the installation of an ATI Procharger D1SC which have proven to cause overheating in hot climates.

Previous to the install of these two fans, I had a two row BeCool radiatior, with two puller fans on the rear of the radiator. One is a 16 inch Spal Extreme and the other is a PermaCool 8 inch. As stated before, between 230 and 260 was typical in stop and go traffic. Once heated up even highway driving would take forever to cool everything down to around 220.

I also have an FMIC with the bumper opened up (1998 Camaro Z28).

Although hard to see in the pics there are two Hayden 12 inch pusher fans wired to come on when the car starts. The car is driven in summer only but obviously would run a manual switch to turn the fans off if I drove in it in the winter - (the two fans are not needed then).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1835930...7602956888623/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1835930...7602956888623/

Note: one singe fan 14 - 16 will fit, however don't attempt to install anything larger that two 12's if going dual. The AC condenser is just barely of 25 inches wide. The condenser is taller than wide so a wider single fan will fit if placed dead center.

Make sure to get a low profile fan where the outside thickness is less than two inches thick (wide).

This mod works. Obviously you will need remove the plastic shrouds aft of the hood latch and in front of the AC condenser. Make sure to clean the AC condenser of debris - especially along the bottom - as most the time the fins are completely plugged as much as 1/2 up the condenser. Don't do this and two fans are just a waste of time and money.

I will replace the Hayden fans next summer with high capacity SPAL's. Since I was testing I wanted to make sure the mod would work first. It does - so I will replace the Hayen's with a better quality fan.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you might have some issues due to the trans coolers. i have the flex-a-lite 240's and it will barely keep it under 234 degrees sitting in traffic with the ac on. my car is also a six speed. it is also hot as ***** in texas though. it was just over 100 and it got up to 237. if you get get big enough fans you might be ok. i also dont have my turbo blanket on yet.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:37 AM
11 Second Club

i have them but not with two trans coolers.lol
Old 07-25-2009, 11:05 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01

Thanks again

Alex
is your radiator in the stock location or did you do a stand up radiator?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know who is nuts. Me, or you guys running high temps and living with it? I start getting paranoid if it goes up to 200 f. My setup requires a pusher on the driver's side and a puller on the pass side. I moved my condenser 4" in front of the radiator. Had to notch the core support. I use a thin 16" spal pusher mounted to the radiator. The puller is now a 12 but I am hoping to increase it to a 14. I bypassed the stock fan relays, etc. Installed my own relays and adjustable fan turn on with it's own temp probe. I run a LT1 radiator in place of the F-body LS1 unit.

Quick Reply: Who has pushers fans with a/c,auto guys?