Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:17 PM
blownerator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
lol, it went back to Magnacharger.

I just found out that our customer (who is a Magnacharger dealer) in Saudi Arabia that we were building this Hummer for, who was having us build it for one of his customers, has authorized Magnacharger to kill this project. It seems his customer is furious that it is taking so long for this blower to be built, and now doesn't want anything to do with it. At this point I am not sure what is to come of this Hummer. Bob
I too spoke with Khalid today, an while he was upset at the time it has taken he understood the reason behind it. I was not ready to release anything with our name (our being EPP and Magnuson) to go overseas unless myself and the engineering team were 100% confident in the design.

We are just three days away from the parts being available, unfortunately this did not work for both parties.

We do hope to work on some projects in the future with EPP and Kahlid, it just did not work out this time.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:55 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I too spoke with Khalid today, an while he was upset at the time it has taken he understood the reason behind it. I was not ready to release anything with our name (our being EPP and Magnuson) to go overseas unless myself and the engineering team were 100% confident in the design.

We are just three days away from the parts being available, unfortunately this did not work for both parties.

We do hope to work on some projects in the future with EPP and Kahlid, it just did not work out this time.

Thanks for all of your help Brian, I know you wanted to make sure this new combination was perfected before it was going to get sent overseas. Bob
Old 03-31-2009, 08:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a bummer for all of us, that was a slick peice that was built by the maggie guys.

Still awaiting the 1000hp 2300...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

This blows. I was really hoping to hear the EPP blower cam with the 2300tvs. Better luck next time.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

wtf?! the guy cant wait a few extra days to have the baddest H2 in dirka land?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

They are very impatient....
Old 04-03-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Are they going to just have you put an F1 on it now or something? At least you have a decent motor to start with. Now to just get some boost to it.

I have a friend from over there also that likes the same kind of stuff. I wonder if these two guys know each other. His name is Khalil.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:04 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thanks everyone, the customer of Khalid's doesn't want the H2 at all. He wants to totally walk away from it, which is very frustrating. Khalid asked me yesterday to help him to try to find someone to buy this Hummer. This Hummer is so close to being finished, it wouldn't take much now to finish it. Bob
Old 04-03-2009, 07:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so the guy didnt purchase the H2 and the components?

Last time i checked, nobody will assemble an engine and vehicle for me unless i pay. I cant just have all that work done and not pay a cent...
Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanO
so the guy didnt purchase the H2 and the components?

Last time i checked, nobody will assemble an engine and vehicle for me unless i pay. I cant just have all that work done and not pay a cent...
Yeah something doesn't sit right. Did he get the truck on loan from the dealership and send it to get a 1000rwhp combo put on it before he paid for it? Odd.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:44 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Khalid has a business over in Kuwait, and this was one of his customer's. From what I understand Khalid refunded his customer the price of the Hummer and all the parts and labor that has been paid to us. This leaves Khalid's company stuck with the Hummer and the build.
If you know of anyone comtemplating build an H2, we have this H2 almost completed. Bob
Old 04-03-2009, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

as far as performance goes i know someone with a stroekd ls2 with a tvs 2300 who is about to have it running in case your interested.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Khalid has a business over in Kuwait, and this was one of his customer's. From what I understand Khalid refunded his customer the price of the Hummer and all the parts and labor that has been paid to us. This leaves Khalid's company stuck with the Hummer and the build.
If you know of anyone comtemplating build an H2, we have this H2 almost completed. Bob
IMO, yall should finish the build and send it to Khalid... Once he puts it in the showroom, those rich dudes will start a bidding war and he will prolly make more money on it..

_
Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TrailLaser
IMO, yall should finish the build and send it to Khalid... Once he puts it in the showroom, those rich dudes will start a bidding war and he will prolly make more money on it..

_
I agree, I think there is more of a market for this Hummer over in the Middle East that there is here in the US with the current green (tree huggers) theme, and once it was finished it would probably sell over there pretty quickly. Bob
Old 04-04-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Bob, If I can sell one of my race cars,I might be interested.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did TVS get you all the parts you need for high boost and no belt slip? I really think we need to settle this debate about actual WHP possibility of this motor......one way or another

This story also sounds suspect to me. I can't imagine a shop buying someone a non-refundable Hummer, and throwing $XX,XXX dollars at it......with no kind of contract. I can't believe someone could just say "Ahhhhh, I changed my mind. Can you re-fund me? Thanks."
Old 04-05-2009, 05:48 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
Bob, If I can sell one of my race cars,I might be interested.
It would make a sweet vehicle for you, Steve! You have to keep the RX7 though...

Originally Posted by ninetres
Did TVS get you all the parts you need for high boost and no belt slip? I really think we need to settle this debate about actual WHP possibility of this motor......one way or another

This story also sounds suspect to me. I can't imagine a shop buying someone a non-refundable Hummer, and throwing $XX,XXX dollars at it......with no kind of contract. I can't believe someone could just say "Ahhhhh, I changed my mind. Can you re-fund me? Thanks."
The blower order was cancelled, so the Hummer is sitting here minus the blower. The blower was ordered back in November, and the first blower showed up on 1/2/09, which was only a slight delay. Once we found we weren't getting the boost we were anticipating, the blower was sent back and Magnacharger went to work on totally revamping it for us. The Saudi customer simply got tired of waiting, and maybe they do business a little differently over there. It could be possible that if they make a promise to one of their customers that they end up not being able to keep, they take care of them by refunding them their money. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 04-05-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

If anyone is interested in a Hummer H2 that is almost completed, this one is for sale. We could finish it for the new owner or they could buy it as is. It is so close to being finished! Bob
Old 04-09-2009, 08:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mike mcginnis
wtf?! the guy cant wait a few extra days to have the baddest H2 in dirka land?
lol. "Muhammed jihad!! Ahhh dirka dirka dirka".
Old 04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
lol. "Muhammed jihad!! Ahhh dirka dirka dirka".
That's really not very funny. Bob

Quick Reply: TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?