Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009 | 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

I wouldn't pick the Procharger over the Magnacharger on this truck. This is a perfect vehicle for a Magnacharger. I'd have made the first blower he had work for all it's worth. I'm not big on all the extra piping on a vehicle where racing isn't the concern. I'd have worked with Magnacharger for a 10 rib system for it and boosted what I could out of that. 12psi on the 416 would have been impressive in an H2. The off idle torque would have been nice. The front inlet front drive has made over 600rwhp without a challenge and if I recall it has done so on the 6 rib system. Shooting for 800RWHP out of it though I wouldn't have done.
Old 04-12-2009 | 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Has anyone ever looked at the way the technology has been developed? Seems to me that most of the centri and turbo stuff has been trickled down from the all out race cars, where it gets tested, refined and constantly pushed and upgraded. When outlaw 10.5 cars need to have blowers capable of 2500+ there is no problem in making a smaller version for us street guys.
But the modern PD equipment is kinda developed around street cars. We all talk dyno numbers on this site and whose is bigger but damn, who needs 800+ RWHP in a pure street car? Its just bragging rights, and because of this I dont think that there is nearly as much time and money spent developing PD blowers as there is on the centri/turbo stuff. Hence the problems with people bumping up against the limits of the current technology.
Then again, I am talking out of my ***
Old 04-13-2009 | 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Floader
Has anyone ever looked at the way the technology has been developed? Seems to me that most of the centri and turbo stuff has been trickled down from the all out race cars, where it gets tested, refined and constantly pushed and upgraded. When outlaw 10.5 cars need to have blowers capable of 2500+ there is no problem in making a smaller version for us street guys.
But the modern PD equipment is kinda developed around street cars. We all talk dyno numbers on this site and whose is bigger but damn, who needs 800+ RWHP in a pure street car? Its just bragging rights, and because of this I dont think that there is nearly as much time and money spent developing PD blowers as there is on the centri/turbo stuff. Hence the problems with people bumping up against the limits of the current technology.
Then again, I am talking out of my ***
i dont think you are talking out of your A-noose. Although i disagree with 800hp not being needed. i need it
Old 04-14-2009 | 10:24 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
i dont think you are talking out of your A-noose. Although i disagree with 800hp not being needed. i need it

I Need it too! Oooops I already have it!

As i have heard lately " I'm your huckaberry"

Stay tuned....

Old 04-15-2009 | 05:35 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by supersub

Stay tuned....

Are you having any belt slippage problems? Magnacharger was concerned that our Hummer H2 build would have problems with the serpentine set-up for our 800 rwhp goal. Since our truck was headed overseas, they wanted to make absolutely 100 percent sure the customer had no problems.
Old 04-20-2009 | 10:26 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

Originally Posted by supersub

Stay tuned....

Any updates? Bob
Old 04-20-2009 | 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

yes, any updates? i want to hear as much as a i can about the TVS chargers. Any plans to make an even bigger TVS style blower than the 2300?
Old 04-24-2009 | 09:05 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

New Update:

Magnacharger is sending us another polished 2300 blower equipped with an eight rib serpentine belt drive along with a jackshaft and a cog belt on the back end of it. We have less than three weeks to get this Hummer tuned and ready to ship to Saudi Arabia! Bob
Old 04-25-2009 | 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
New Update:

Magnacharger is sending us another polished 2300 blower equipped with an eight rib serpentine belt drive along with a jackshaft and a cog belt on the back end of it. We have less than three weeks to get this Hummer tuned and ready to ship to Saudi Arabia! Bob
Bob, Is that going to interfer with getting your car ready for Bowling Green next weekend? I should have mine back together late Wed. nite and ready to go.
Old 04-25-2009 | 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

How much is the customer spending on shipping his hummer from the US to Saudi?
Old 04-26-2009 | 08:41 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BLNLS1/RX7
Bob, Is that going to interfere with getting your car ready for Bowling Green next weekend? I should have mine back together late Wed. nite and ready to go.
No, I don't think the Hummer will interfere. There is a problem (and it's a good problem) though, we're too busy with other vehicles to work on my Camaro. My brother is taking his Formula, and if I'm not too busy I plan on going.

Originally Posted by 52172
How much is the customer spending on shipping his hummer from the US to Saudi?
$5,000 by the time it is delivered. Bob
Old 05-02-2009 | 07:39 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
New Update:

Hopefully this new Magnacharger 8 rib kit is on it's way to us, or we won't be able to meet the three week deadline. Bob
Old 05-03-2009 | 03:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

OOOOOooooo...
Old 05-03-2009 | 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Ae we going to see a dyno graph before you ship it out. From my build with a 408 and a TVS 1900 at 5.5lbs of boost I expect you to make the 800 rwhp you are seeking. The TVS is the perfect match for these heavy trucks, with that cam you should see a flat torque curve that will kick ***. I just finished my exhaust system to match my dyno setup and all I can say is wow. The TVS is a great system and should easily be able to run over 800hp. Mine is at the the fly with a six rib pulley. My tranny won't handle any more, and I can make all 4 wheels light up at 5000 ft over sea level so I am happy. Lay off magnacharger, they do have some problems getting the product out on time but it is usually right and always bullet proof which is the most important thing.
Attached Thumbnails TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?-408tvs1900smallpulley.gif  

Last edited by fish5225; 05-03-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2009 | 06:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fish5225
Ae we going to see a dyno graph before you ship it out. From my build with a 408 and a TVS 1900 at 5.5lbs of boost I expect you to make the 800 rwhp you are seeking. The TVS is the perfect match for these heavy trucks, with that cam you should see a flat torque curve that will kick ***. I just finished my exhaust system to match my dyno setup and all I can say is wow. The TVS is a great system and should easily be able to run over 800hp. Mine is at the the fly with a six rib pulley. My tranny won't handle any more, and I can make all 4 wheels light up at 5000 ft over sea level so I am happy. Lay off magnacharger, they do have some problems getting the product out on time but it is usually right and always bullet proof which is the most important thing.
Its not Magnacharger as a product that people have a problem with...... I can understand members bashing other members, name calling, and saying my blower is bigger than yours, but seeing a Sales Rep from Magnacharger do it just about everyday other day on several forums says a lot about there company as a whole to me. If I was caught by my company conducting myself in that manner representing them on or off the clock I would be down the road. This is just my observation and nothing more.
Old 05-04-2009 | 11:21 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by MFIC
Its not Magnacharger as a product that people have a problem with...... I can understand members bashing other members, name calling, and saying my blower is bigger than yours, but seeing a Sales Rep from Magnacharger do it just about everyday other day on several forums says a lot about there company as a whole to me. If I was caught by my company conducting myself in that manner representing them on or off the clock I would be down the road. This is just my observation and nothing more.
Sorry you feel that way......I really do not see anything that is an issue, if it insulted you I do apologize. This is after all the internet, and things can be taken out of context. No need to be caught by the company, this is a public forum and each and every employee of Magnuson reads this forum, including the owner.
Old 05-05-2009 | 04:52 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fish5225
Yes indeed I will post a dyno graph. I can't wait to see how much power this truck makes, it should be a very quick Hummer!

Once this project as back on by the company in Saudi Arabia, we were given three weeks (21 days) to get this Hummer finished, or their backers may call it off again. Magnacharger was aware of this deadline and said they could ship the blower within the first 10 days of the 21 days. We have ordered the Innovators West overdrive eight rib balancer and eight rib accessory pulley's, and I really want to see this truck meet the deadline and be finished. I am still on my first cup of coffee but I think there is 9 of the 21 days left. Bob
Old 05-06-2009 | 06:20 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Update: Brian, from Magnacharger called and we will have the new 2300 tomorrow! Bob
Old 05-07-2009 | 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm all excited for the results. Should be impressive either way.
Old 05-08-2009 | 10:23 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

It is going back together, we're waiting on the Innovators West 8 rib pulleys and balancer and some more 4.00 aluminum tubing to complete the inlet side. Bob

Quick Reply: TVS 2300 on built LS3 with stroker crank - Any ideas on how much boost we'll see?