Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Camaro SS F1-C Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a 4l80 in there... Should be good to go. The install isn't that bad, and you can run it off of a 4l60 tune now
Old 07-21-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without getting too detailed, whats the issue(s)?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think what he is trying to say is we should all send our business to Transformance.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankSS
Get a 4l80 in there... Should be good to go. The install isn't that bad, and you can run it off of a 4l60 tune now
The car went from being an M6 to a 4L80 a few years ago... I killed the 80 that was in the car. Waiting for another one to be built.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Looks like progress is finally being made on the transmission... maybe, just MAYBE I'll get this car down the track this year.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

any updates?
Old 04-12-2014, 06:10 AM
Launching!

It's been way too long since the last update!

(Knock on wood) the car is running the best it ever has! The Transformance 4L80 is in the car, and Jake's transbrake works great! The car went on the dyno earlier this year during a Mustang dyno day (dont ask...) and was down over 100whp. Turns out the K&N air filter had been sucked in and was acting as a major restriction. After a quick fix, the car went back on the dyno, boost is back up at 16.5-17#'s and no belt slip! Unfortunately, the car is making too much power for the converter that's in the car (dyno issue only.) Through an UNLOCKED converter the car made 785 whp.

Just a few more upgrades needed before this thing finally sees the track... I am having bad heat issues while the car is at idle or city driving. I've managed to maintain good temps while cruising at highway speeds, but need to find a way to keep this thing cool while standing still.

My second issue is STOPPING! Jesus Christ thing car doesn't want to stop! I've ordered a set of Hawk pads, and plan on bleeding the brake lines... Hopefully it's just as simple as that.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:15 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteboycntdnce
It's been way too long since the last update!

(Knock on wood) the car is running the best it ever has! The Transformance 4L80 is in the car, and Jake's transbrake works great! The car went on the dyno earlier this year during a Mustang dyno day (dont ask...) and was down over 100whp. Turns out the K&N air filter had been sucked in and was acting as a major restriction. After a quick fix, the car went back on the dyno, boost is back up at 16.5-17#'s and no belt slip! Unfortunately, the car is making too much power for the converter that's in the car (dyno issue only.) Through an UNLOCKED converter the car made 785 whp.

Just a few more upgrades needed before this thing finally sees the track... I am having bad heat issues while the car is at idle or city driving. I've managed to maintain good temps while cruising at highway speeds, but need to find a way to keep this thing cool while standing still.

My second issue is STOPPING! Jesus Christ thing car doesn't want to stop! I've ordered a set of Hawk pads, and plan on bleeding the brake lines... Hopefully it's just as simple as that.

Make absolutely sure the fan is blowing the right direction, it should be drawing air (puller) through the radiator, not blowing air into the radiator. It can even appear to be drawing air through when the air bounces back off the radiator. This is normally the problem when the symptoms are as you described. If it was 90+ outside and you were stuck in heavy traffic with the a/c on, then I'd say it would be a lack of enough fan cfm. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 04-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Make absolutely sure the fan is blowing the right direction, it should be drawing air (puller) through the radiator, not blowing air into the radiator. It can even appear to be drawing air through when the air bounces back off the radiator. This is normally the problem when the symptoms are as you described. If it was 90+ outside and you were stuck in heavy traffic with the a/c on, then I'd say it would be a lack of enough fan cfm. Bob
Unless it's possible for the stock LS1 fans to be wired up/ran in reverse (which it may be, I honestly don't know) then I don't think that's the problem. Right now I've got both my stock fans running and I'm still seeing temps 220+ while standing still.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Unless it's possible for the stock LS1 fans to be wired up/ran in reverse (which it may be, I honestly don't know) then I don't think that's the problem. Right now I've got both my stock fans running and I'm still seeing temps 220+ while standing still.
If the fans are the same since I put them on....they are blowing in the right direction

Can't remember, we did use a 160 deg thermostat right?
Old 04-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Yeah, it has the 160 degree thermostat... And the stock fans (i would imagine) should be moving more than enough air to keep that motor at a decent temp... I'm worried about sitting in the staging lanes, the car will more than likely see 130+ if it's a long enough wait... Even turning the car off, it will still be way too hot to run wide open.

I'm thinking about standing the radiator up all the way, and possibly adding a pusher (assuming there will be enough room with everything being cut out up front.)
Old 05-02-2014, 06:36 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, it has the 160 degree thermostat... And the stock fans (i would imagine) should be moving more than enough air to keep that motor at a decent temp... I'm worried about sitting in the staging lanes, the car will more than likely see 130+ if it's a long enough wait... Even turning the car off, it will still be way too hot to run wide open.

I'm thinking about standing the radiator up all the way, and possibly adding a pusher (assuming there will be enough room with everything being cut out up front.)
What brand radiator is that again? I added a pusher to my car but that was to help with heat issues while running AC. Have you checked that thermostat to see if its opening all the way? You can remove it and put it in a pot of water on your stove, heat it up, and verify its operation.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:06 PM
Launching!

In the process of creating an ad for this thing... Should be putting it up for sale in a few days.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:22 PM
11 Second Club

Damn, after all that work!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike 02T/A
Damn, after all that work!
No kidding! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-24-2015, 05:08 PM
Launching!

So, I'm going to attempt to bring this back from the dead... I don't know what hit me, but my interest in this car has smacked me in the face recently...

I'm currently looking for help in choosing a suspension setup. I've spoken with a couple of vendors, who have pointed me in the direction of "Viking" shocks/coilovers. Does anyone have any experience with these guys?

Also, looking to do an ABS delete in the near future. With any luck, I'll have her back and better than before in a short time.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Patiently waiting for results!
Old 05-31-2015, 06:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6 SRT-8
Patiently waiting for results!
Ordering a full set of Viking coil overs Monday, once those are set up and suspension is dialed in, she's going for a paint job. I leave for vacation middle of June, so hoping to have it back on the street by July

Still needs 2 step, abs delete, and a new set of pads before she sees the track

Quick Reply: Camaro SS F1-C Build