Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

roots vs twin screw

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, this is NOT your thread.

It's fair to say that you have worked to solve the issues that you have found. You should also consider it fair for anyone wanting to make big power for low track times to be advised that the issues for the LS based platform have not yet been solved. We are all aware you are working on it, but until cars are out there on the street enjoying the success of making the numbers, it's not fair to say this blower is ready for them. Your followers preach how great your product is and how great your customer service is, but just like your 5 dollar /5 million dollar comparison, If you're looking to make 900rwhp, you can have the best customer service in the world and be the nicest guy there ever was, but customer service and nice doesn't make power. I ask Z06PSI to bring the documentation to the table. Don't tell me. Show me. Talk is cheap. I don't go preaching A&A to everyone. Any honest person would qualify the person to see what they're after. Again, notice earlier I mentioned every brand of product (maybe missed 1 or two) that I have seen make the grade?

As for A&A's revisions, are you really that dense? If there was any reasonable issue with the A&A product, you would have stopped after one purchase and not bought 2 more. It was a great product then and it is now. As is EPP's Procharger and TVS kits, ECS' Novi kit, TTix turbo kit, Nick Yoskins turbo kit, MTI's TVS kit on and on. Certainly nothing wrong with revisions and no doubt there have been upgrades to the A&A products, but when I purchased the product, I asked for 800rwhp and I got 858rwhp. When revisions came out, they only made a great product better and on a heat soaked car, after 7 passes, I made 911rwhp with a slipping clutch. The other thing is those revisions cost a bunch of money in most cases and I have been totally surprised by getting a phone call from them asking if I would like to have the updated product. Multiply that surprise by 10 when I try to pay and they won't take my money. Not even for shipping! That's money straight out of their pockets. They didn't try to come up with an update and then go out and sell it to everyone. You think about that one for a while. Didn't you offer your IAT fix for a price?

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE
Just for the record guys,

As I have stated before, any member who has purchased a Kenne Bell, from either us or direct from KB, can call us, and we will send you one out. With shipping, they are about 20 bucks.

Although the standard sensor works fine, even "I" am not satisfied with the old sensor. Soooo, we took it upon ourselves to come up with a better solution. One that we fell gives a better temp range, and better overall control.

All future units purchased through us, will come with this sensor at no charge. As soon as KB authorizes the new sensor, then it will be able to be gotten from anyone...

HTH
Is this inlet fix going to be free to those that have already purchased your blower, waiting patiently for you to come out with a proper one? Will you be giving it only to your nutswingers or will it be globally available to all prior purchasers at the same price? You're not the only "straight shooting vendor" out there. Maybe the only one that will work to come up with a fix for a problem with your product that turns around and tries to sell it.
I was helping a friend with a Vortech car. I had a technical question that applied to all Centri's and wanted a second opinion. Bob from EPP took the time to answer my questions and even called me back to follow up at his expense. Knowing full well that he wasn't going to make a dime that day, but knows if someone asks me about buying a Procharger, they're going to get Bob's number from me. Ever read the thread on the H2 at Bob's shop? Notice he won't let that truck out of the shop until it's spot on? What I'm telling you is that great customer service exists everywhere. These professionals don't go telling everyone how much time they spent on the phone helping this customer and that, patting themselves on the back. That's unprofessional! There's the old addage "all things being equal, go with the best price". Well Jeff, as of now, all things aren't equal.
I don't know any more about you than what I have seen you personally post and what I have been told by people that don't know each other, but have the same things to say. Do you think it's a coincidence that people that don't even know each other tell me you gave them some line of BS about a UPS truck burning?
I have personally, on many occasions, seen you attack customers that are upset with you for not doing what you have promised only to see the thread deleted yet the threads saying how great your are get to stay. Let's keep them all up there. Good and bad and let the buyer decide. Even when I PM'd and called you a handful of times to inquire about the KB blower you never returned my call. I posted up that I've been trying to get in touch with you. Rather than apologize for being unavailable and ask what you could do, you jumped down my throat and told me someone died so you've been out of town. I couldn't be more thankful about you chasing me off your product. You couldn't be much more unprofessional if you tried. Seriously.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is very informative. Even the
Old 07-02-2009, 08:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jeff@TotalPerformanceEng
The BEST thing you could have ever done for not only myself, but KB, and everyone else who has ever owned one, was to get rid of it.

You were a back yard mechanic that screwed up more than he fixed.

You routed cooling systems backwards, installed wrong IAT sensors, drilled your lower manifold and destroyed the blower with some shadetree methanol system, stripped and helicoiled your crank snout, Installed your crank pulley wrong 3 times, popped your motor, BURNED YOUR PREVIOUS CAR TO THE GROUND TRYING TO TUNE IT, Removed your ENTIRE drivetreain twice trying to chase down a squeel that wasnt even in your drivetrain, then mother fucked your best friend all to hell and back because you claimed he didnt want to ever help you. Even thoug you dont listen to a word that anyone with any common sense has to tell you.

I could go on, but im sure the public gets the point.

You my friend are a backyard mechanic AT BEST. The worst part, is you blame everyone and everything. You NEVER take credit for your fuckups.

You can show me a log file that has 253* IAT's and I can show you 50 that have nowhere near that.

Dude, face it. You screwed up your system SOOOO bad, you couldnt dig yourself out of the hole. THEN, when good tuners worked on your car, you told everyone YOU figured it out.

I always say this: "You can have a 5 million dollar facility, and a 5 dollar mechanic, and get a 5 dollar job. OR, you can have a 5 dollar facility, and a 5 million dollar mechanic, and get a PERFECT job. You, my friend are a 5 dollar mechanic. Actually I ask for fuking change back...

So THANK YOU for selling your kit.
Jeff your so funny. It's just funny to me that for a 5 dollar mechanic you sure talked to me about moving out there with you and going to work with you . lol As for the sensor I was suppose to have gotten one before I got to the dyno from you that I drove 4 hours to get to the dyno. Did Jeff send one NO. Did he tell the Tunner I was going to have one that Monday Yes. JEFF IS a LIAR. I don't know how many times I was told that stuff was shipped from him to find out it never was. One time I bought a fuel system from him. Waited 3 weeks for it. So I called Jeff told me he just got off the phone with UPS and they wanted to know what was in a box he shipped. Jeff told me that UPS told him my fuel pump that Jeff shipped blew up in the UPS Airplane. I don't know about everyone else but I never heard of a UPS airplane crashing as of late. The other problem with the story is that it should have never been on a plane if it was shipped like I was told over and over again. The ONLY reason it should have been on a plane is next day Air.
Ruin a manifold LOL. The mustang guys have been doing meth in lower intake for a while now. Funny to me I say something to you about it and you decide to do it as well. But it's a bad Idea when I say something about it. Am I glad I got rid of it YES. Now I have a proven system that has run 9.70's at the track and made huge power (TTIX kit). I have one other question for you Jeff? How big of a shot of NOS did you have on your car when you made 800 and 850? Also it's funny to me you say I haven't run the blower out of air but when I call KB the other day to get cfm on the blower for a camshaft that I was having speced. TJ told me that the blower cfm was around a 1000cfm but the intake was the restriction of 700 to 800. Well if you go to Prochargers site that is less air than a P-1. Damn that suxs.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

Old 07-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Staging Lane

All I know is Brett is crazy and YSi Centri's don't work ! I am proud to call him a bud though

A&A = A1

What I would like to know is was there any Nitrous used when the Orange vette made its 800rwhp pull?

Last edited by MotleyDrew; 07-02-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jeff@TotalPerformanceEng
Dude, get your facts straight. Kenne Bell has been offering a turn key twin screw system for the corvette for a few years now. They even include a free hood.
How many turn-key kits for vehicles other than the Corvette?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
You're vacillating more than Hugh Heffner at bedtime. I thought they taught you to stay focused in the military.
Keep up would ya? You refuse accept a 950 engine dyno horsepower pull at 15psi, yet you're going to prove something to the readers on a dyno. You don't accept a real world IAT reading at on the track, yet you're going to show the readers your IAT logs off a short pull on the dyno to prove the IAT's are in line. That is what we call a dyno queen!
You say you have experience with this product because you own one, but haven't done anything with it but blow up your motor and let it sit for a year. Where's the logs from the blower on that motor? Where's any logs. Any track times? Where's Billy Mays when you need him? He could push this product and maybe have folks believing that it actually does what the manufacturer says, but eventually it's going to be time to put up or shut up. One thing I can say is after over "100k" has been spent on a car Jeff better put down some mid 8 second passes with ease, but you know where my money will be when it comes to betting time.

When my neighbors' A/C went out the other day, he said they were trying to sell him a heat pump. I couldn't for the life of me understand how a Kenne Bell had anything to do with his A/C.

What are you 11 years old? Dont act like a little kid man seriously.

You dont own a kenne bell, you never have, you have no experience with a kenne bell, so why are you even in here? You talk about blown motors you talk about a 100k spent on a car let me remind you that all of these have been done to centri cars 100 times over and over again that have gone through the same trails.

And then go and pull silly jokes on people who fight for your freedom???????? haha your so funny hahahahaha seriously you momma is so fat... would have at least had some class mr jokester. But your a little internet bitch not a man so its painfully obvious where it comes from.

Now go sell your car if anyone even wants that thing after you touched it and go buy a lambo or something that will get your self esteem back to the lame level it once was.

Its people like you that make our country exactly what it is today.... All bark and no bite Im pretty sure your close to the border, so go run with your tail between your legs back to where you belong
Old 07-02-2009, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02SSLE
Jeff your so funny. It's just funny to me that for a 5 dollar mechanic you sure talked to me about moving out there with you and going to work with you . lol As for the sensor I was suppose to have gotten one before I got to the dyno from you that I drove 4 hours to get to the dyno. Did Jeff send one NO. Did he tell the Tunner I was going to have one that Monday Yes. JEFF IS a LIAR. I don't know how many times I was told that stuff was shipped from him to find out it never was. One time I bought a fuel system from him. Waited 3 weeks for it. So I called Jeff told me he just got off the phone with UPS and they wanted to know what was in a box he shipped. Jeff told me that UPS told him my fuel pump that Jeff shipped blew up in the UPS Airplane. I don't know about everyone else but I never heard of a UPS airplane crashing as of late. The other problem with the story is that it should have never been on a plane if it was shipped like I was told over and over again. The ONLY reason it should have been on a plane is next day Air.
Ruin a manifold LOL. The mustang guys have been doing meth in lower intake for a while now. Funny to me I say something to you about it and you decide to do it as well. But it's a bad Idea when I say something about it. Am I glad I got rid of it YES. Now I have a proven system that has run 9.70's at the track and made huge power (TTIX kit). I have one other question for you Jeff? How big of a shot of NOS did you have on your car when you made 800 and 850? Also it's funny to me you say I haven't run the blower out of air but when I call KB the other day to get cfm on the blower for a camshaft that I was having speced. TJ told me that the blower cfm was around a 1000cfm but the intake was the restriction of 700 to 800. Well if you go to Prochargers site that is less air than a P-1. Damn that suxs.

Two things to start with one, Jeff had talked to me about the meth setup "you" came up with, months before you even started it and i know he said something to you about it as well and all the sudden you made some huge meth instant hit??? NO you didnt, and no matter what product you buy a&a,ecs, ttix you will **** it up and probly lose more of your friends in the process... 2, i was on the phone with him the day that **** happend in the plane with the fuel pump.... So maybe you should get your story straight

And in the above bold, your prove just how silly and fake you and your fan boys really are. LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.... You called kb and was told that a blower that has made 1000-1200 rwhp on other cars was only capable of flowing a 1000cfm ya that makes sense. BUT heres where you really just killed yourself, why in the **** would you call kb the other day for cam specs when you where selling and now have already sold your blower!!!!!!

Boy o boy is it sad when your word is just as bad off as the president...
Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Inlighting all of us what happend in the plane then. Because that is what he told me.

Second the reason I called KB is because I have a new motor going together and was going to use it with my KB I already have a cam speced for a KB system. I have been putting parts together for a motor. I was going to run higher compression to try and make the blower work. Then when Z06iness posted his numbers that when I really thought about changing here is a link http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...l-results.html I also realize that he has a motor camshaft but do you really think he is going to pick up a 100rwh from a cam or more?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree his cam was hurting him a lot and his psi was down. What kind of boost were you seeing with a 3" pulley and stock pulley? I saw 15 psi. Now when we changed over to the 8.5 aftermarket with 3" we saw the boost spike over 20 psi but then my clutch could not handle it. Still have not gotten any heads yet.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike75356
You dont own a kenne bell, you never have, you have no experience with a kenne bell, so why are you even in here? You talk about blown motors you talk about a 100k spent on a car let me remind you that all of these have been done to centri cars 100 times over and over again that have gone through the same trails.
We're all well aware that people blow their motors in pursuit of horsepower. The problem arises when you are trying to make the big#'s, put the heat pump on, make 500rwhp, blow it up in a few weeks and then go preaching about great it is.
For 100k, that car had better run! That's a fact, but when people want to know what they can expect for their simple, forged 408 from the off-the-shelf version of this blower, they deserve to know. We will soon find out what 100 thousand dollars will get you. If it makes 1200rwhp, it should. If it makes 900rwhp, then we have a problem. The pressure is on.

What most people want to know is what they can do on a reasonable budget. That's not a reasonable budget! What's your budget grandpa? Tell us all how much you think it's going to cost you to make that 1000rwhp. The joke's on you!!!

And then go and pull silly jokes on people who fight for your freedom?
haha your so funny hahahahaha seriously you momma is so fat... would have at least had some class mr jokester. But your a little internet bitch not a man so its painfully obvious where it comes from.

Now go sell your car if anyone even wants that thing after you touched it and go buy a lambo or something that will get your self esteem back to the lame level it once was.
Respect is earned and if you act like an idiot regardless of your position in life, you deserve to be called on it. I will admit that he gets points from me for being a Marine though. Just like for you, I simply offer him no sympathy for buying a blower and talking a big game before proving it. That just makes you an e-warrior and an idiot. You can't even go searching with Google to find a remotely impressive KB on a Corvette. As I have said in the past, maybe that will change, but I am talking about the here and the now. Right here and now, they're still working on it. That means no impressive KB's out there. Are you going to be the first? Well put your cane down and gitter' done old man!
You come in here and have the nerve to try and insult your way out of having a non-running POS car for the last 6+ months after telling everyone you are going to make 1000rwhp. That makes you the E-bitch, hypocrite, idiot of the month!!
There are many in this world with big dreams. Lets take you for instance:
Ok folks, again we have a situation where someone speaks whom has less experience (so far) than I do (and I don't have much experience with it, but enough to know where this product stands). A stupid old man that likes to talk trash about how his car is going to make 1000rwhp while telling others with actual running cars how theirs is a slow piece of junk. He has been hiding from the Corvette Forum because either he failed so miserably that he can't bear to show his Stainless40Cal name and poor results on the boards or yet another UPS truck has burned down my friends and he still doesn't have it together. Let's hurry and sell our UPS stock, because this company's burning at an alarming rate!!

I have youtube race videos of my car on the track, dyno videos and a few street. I don't claim to be the fastest and never will. That's never been my goal. What do you have other than a big E-mouth, a bad attitude, a non-running POS Corvette with a heat pump going on it and the beginnings of alzheimers? This guy sits here and runs his mouth about someone being an "internet bitch" without having his car together yet talking trash to many. I told you once and I'll tell you again old man, SHOW ME don't tell me.

I personally assembled my engine from the shortblock up, installed it, tuned it, modified the car for a T6060 and 08Z06 rear and have helped many do the same for free because I care enough to take the time to help good people out. What have you done? It's obvious you're not doing your own work yet you act like you have a clue regarding my level of experience. That's your second E-warrior, bitch move of the day.

Its people like you that make our country exactly what it is today....
All bark and no bite Im pretty sure your close to the border, so go run with your tail between your legs back to where you belong
Sounds like you're complaining about our country. Well old man, you have a few choices at this point. You can fly to Iraq or Afghanistan and help out, you can leave or you can die.
As for me, I'm still proud to be an American. I will go across the border as I choose. A few drinks with the good people of Mexico, some good sun on the beach and then I will drive back . You're a joke old man!! Seriously!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Jeff,
You're not going to "win" this by sending your little in to praise your product. This one's on you. Fix the problems and put up the numbers. On the track, on the dyno. Either one may suffice. Not with your 100 thousand dollar car but with your off the shelf units that your customers are going to get.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Two things to start with one, Jeff had talked to me about the meth setup "you" came up with, months before you even started it and i know he said something to you about it as well and all the sudden you made some huge meth instant hit??? NO you didnt, and no matter what product you buy a&a,ecs, ttix you will **** it up and probly lose more of your friends in the process... 2, i was on the phone with him the day that **** happend in the plane with the fuel pump.... So maybe you should get your story straight
Let's all get this straight. You were on the phone with Jeff and he's discussing other customers' business with you? How unprofessional is that?

And in the above bold, your prove just how silly and fake you and your fan boys really are. LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT.... You called kb and was told that a blower that has made 1000-1200 rwhp on other cars was only capable of flowing a 1000cfm ya that makes sense.
He calls about a Corvette kit and gets answers. Your attempt to defend it is how much the blower makes on other cars?? Are you seriously that stupid??

Last edited by BLOWNBLUEZ06; 07-06-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

We're all well aware that people blow their motors in pursuit of horsepower. The problem arises when you are trying to make the big#'s, put the heat pump on, make 500rwhp, blow it up in a few weeks and then go preaching about great it is.
For 100k, that car had better run! That's a fact, but when people want to know what they can expect for their simple, forged 408 from the off-the-shelf version of this blower, they deserve to know. We will soon find out what 100 thousand dollars will get you. If it makes 1200rwhp, it should. If it makes 900rwhp, then we have a problem. The pressure is on.

What most people want to know is what they can do on a reasonable budget. That's not a reasonable budget! What's your budget grandpa? Tell us all how much you think it's going to cost you to make that 1000rwhp. The joke's on you!!!

Respect is earned and if you act like an idiot regardless of your position in life, you deserve to be called on it. I will admit that he gets points from me for being a Marine though. Just like for you, I simply offer him no sympathy for buying a blower and talking a big game before proving it. That just makes you an e-warrior and an idiot. You can't even go searching with Google to find a remotely impressive KB on a Corvette. As I have said in the past, maybe that will change, but I am talking about the here and the now. Right here and now, they're still working on it. That means no impressive KB's out there. Are you going to be the first? Well put your cane down and gitter' done old man!
You come in here and have the nerve to try and insult your way out of having a non-running POS car for the last 6+ months after telling everyone you are going to make 1000rwhp. That makes you the E-bitch, hypocrite, idiot of the month!!
There are many in this world with big dreams. Lets take you for instance:
Ok folks, again we have a situation where someone speaks whom has less experience (so far) than I do (and I don't have much experience with it, but enough to know where this product stands). A stupid old man that likes to talk trash about how his car is going to make 1000rwhp while telling others with actual running cars how theirs is a slow piece of junk. He has been hiding from the Corvette Forum because either he failed so miserably that he can't bear to show his Stainless40Cal name and poor results on the boards or yet another UPS truck has burned down my friends and he still doesn't have it together. Let's hurry and sell our UPS stock, because this company's burning at an alarming rate!!

I have youtube race videos of my car on the track, dyno videos and a few street. I don't claim to be the fastest and never will. That's never been my goal. What do you have other than a big E-mouth, a bad attitude, a non-running POS Corvette with a heat pump going on it and the beginnings of alzheimers? This guy sits here and runs his mouth about someone being an "internet bitch" without having his car together yet talking trash to many. I told you once and I'll tell you again old man, SHOW ME don't tell me.

I personally assembled my engine from the shortblock up, installed it, tuned it, modified the car for a T6060 and 08Z06 rear and have helped many do the same for free because I care enough to take the time to help good people out. What have you done? It's obvious you're not doing your own work yet you act like you have a clue regarding my level of experience. That's your second E-warrior, bitch move of the day.

Sounds like you're complaining about our country. Well old man, you have a few choices at this point. You can fly to Iraq or Afghanistan and help out, you can leave or you can die.
As for me, I'm still proud to be an American. I will go across the border as I choose. A few drinks with the good people of Mexico, some good sun on the beach and then I will drive back . You're a joke old man!! Seriously!!
The only joke is your self esteem. No pressure on us we are having good fun and take you about as serious as your 2 year old comments. Old man? Dude im probly 15 years younger than you and when you look at our two convo's on here who is the immature piece of ****?

Did you really just bring up experience? You own a corvette that you have some done some mods to, so that makes you??? Do you own your own shop cause you sure act like it.

I have you tube races of my car i have this i have that, are you ******* serious?

Jeff didnt send me in here i didnt even know this bs was going on untill i starting looking through the posts.

Im not going to respond to everything you posted its just to long and i dont have all day. Im not hiding anything yes my name is stainless40cal on corvetteforum eww you caught me whats your point? My name was once the same on here..
Old 07-03-2009, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Let's all get this straight. You were on the phone with Jeff and he's discussing other customers' business with you? How unprofessional is that?
Enlarged so you won't need your bifocals for this one.

He calls about a Corvette kit and gets answers. Your attempt to defend it is how much the blower makes on other cars?? Are you seriously that ******* stupid??

This is the car based forum grandpa. The politics forum is elsewhere. If you don't like it, try Canada or run for president. We all know you have one vote locked in.
you talk about 1200rwhp when others are only making 950 with the same size motors and centri's, you talk about this you talk about that you talk about everything. You talk about Jeff's car having a 100k in it, but what you dont say is that its the car with a 100k in it, no the kenne bell not the motor, where talking what a 10k paint job, 2,000 brakes, a zr1 diff which is in a price range of its own, a 10k tranny set up,do you even understand that his car was not just built for 1000rwhp+ it was built to be how he wanted it (THE BEST OF THE BEST). Jeff's accessories in his car probly cost more than my entire set up.... Do you understand that ? You try to make it out to be like its a 100k car because of kenne bell, are you really that dumb? I GUARANTEE YOU you could not build the same exact car for under 100k, you will say you could but you couldnt in real life that is but you live on the internet so real life obviously means nothing to you.

If your cars so bad and so nice why are you selling it. I would keep it i mean you have video's of it on youtube it will probly worth a million dollars somday

You are hilarious you pull anything out your *** to try to make yourself not look stupid. SO let me ask you since in your previous posts you call me old man cause one again this just shows how stupid you really are and that your into a convo that you shouldnt even bring up.

HOW OLD ARE YOU? this way when you let us know everyone can see that someone who is probly young enough to be your son has been slapping your bitch *** all over the forum like your father.

^^^ you see this above i can stoop to your level, but do you see how retarted it is?

NO MATTER WHAT NO MATTER IF WE MAKE 1000 rwhp or 10,000 rwhp YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE AN EXCUSE!

Last edited by Mike75356; 07-03-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets talk about how Jeff was too scared to put his money (KB kits) where his mouth is, concerning the GTO customer base? He was challenged by another tuner, TVS vs his KB setup, anything goes.

What happened to that Jeff? What happened to the "BESTEST EVER" PD blower kit for the GTO that you talked so highly of but yet disappeared soon after? What happened to it being "so much more efficient" than the TVS units? I seen TONS of TVS units and results being posted but nothing concerning the KB. You're a joke and so is your "company".
Old 07-03-2009, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
I agree his cam was hurting him a lot and his psi was down. What kind of boost were you seeing with a 3" pulley and stock pulley? I saw 15 psi. Now when we changed over to the 8.5 aftermarket with 3" we saw the boost spike over 20 psi but then my clutch could not handle it. Still have not gotten any heads yet.
I saw 15psi then drops to 13.5 with overdrive and 3 inch pulley.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

I am not in the dog fight but I will say Kenne Bell has some IAT heat issues for sure. It may be a simple fix with an ice box cooler. Don't know and don't have to worry about it anymore. I know for a FACT the IAT readings are correct on Shane's car. I have a melted sensor to prove it. It looks like the sensor Jeff posted. I don't have a beef with Jeff or Kenne Bell. I bought a 2.6h for a 07 Shelby Mustang from Jeff and it worked great. 480rw. I did have some problems but got them worked out with no help from Kenne Bell. I bought my 418 Ls3 from Jeff and it's been one of the best engines I have had to date. Jeff did me right on both builds. I am building Shane's new setup and I can assure you I am no 5 dollar mechanic. If it doesn't work then it's all my fault.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Lets talk about how Jeff was too scared to put his money (KB kits) where his mouth is, concerning the GTO customer base? He was challenged by another tuner, TVS vs his KB setup, anything goes.

What happened to that Jeff? What happened to the "BESTEST EVER" PD blower kit for the GTO that you talked so highly of but yet disappeared soon after? What happened to it being "so much more efficient" than the TVS units? I seen TONS of TVS units and results being posted but nothing concerning the KB. You're a joke and so is your "company".
Really man really???? Hes one guy, dont you understand that?? Whats so hard to understand about that. He is not kenne bell, he is not some multi million dollar industry man that is out here making a killing aka rapeing off his customers like ecs and a&a i wonder why they can lower there prices all the time gee hmm hey maybe cause they rape you in the first place

When Jeff says hes going to do something he ******* does it. PERIOD END. Hes working on so many things that he doesnt even have to, just to help us out and you guys bitch at him for it????? Seriously man go to kenne bells website find a kit for the kenne bell on a GTO, ya you dont see one because its not kenne bell doing the work to try to help us LSX owners its JEFF.

Hes out here doing things not just for his company, not just for him, not just for his family. He is out here making these modifications for YOU the common guy who is intersted in the kit and would like a kenne bell on there car. And for this you guys ridicule him....? Grow the hell up.

Originally Posted by 02402RAMAIR
I am not in the dog fight but I will say Kenne Bell has some IAT heat issues for sure. It may be a simple fix with an ice box cooler. Don't know and don't have to worry about it anymore. I know for a FACT the IAT readings are correct on Shane's car. I have a melted sensor to prove it. It looks like the sensor Jeff posted. I don't have a beef with Jeff or Kenne Bell. I bought a 2.6h for a 07 Shelby Mustang from Jeff and it worked great. 480rw. I did have some problems but got them worked out with no help from Kenne Bell. I bought my 418 Ls3 from Jeff and it's been one of the best engines I have had to date. Jeff did me right on both builds. I am building Shane's new setup and I can assure you I am no 5 dollar mechanic. If it doesn't work then it's all my fault.
I know you dont want involoved so im going to do my best to keep you out of it, however shanes part is a whole other story.

Lets do some facts about shane's car

1) Every single thing he tried to do to the car he fucked up. Badly. Obviously since now he is having someone else do a build for him right?

2) Go on corvette forum, via shanes words (I can look it up if you guys would like) He "completly solved his iat issues when he moved the iat sensor in the manifold" (which by the way is the most rediculous thing you could ever do). So i ask why does he have major iat issues? From his own mouth he solved them and stated this on the forum.

3) he drilled his manifold and completly ruined his warranty for his kenne bell, so my question is did you happen to mention that your blower has no warranty on it now when you sold it to that guy? I think not, sounds like a real stand up guy i would believe anything he says.....

o ya you also never answered my previous question about why you would call kenne bell to get a cam spec'd (and heard cfm rumors) but yet you were selling your blower the same week???? See previous post and let me know when you are ready to start standing up to your words.

To ramair, everything you stated about jeff sounds just like the guy i know. And i wish you the best of luck on shanes build i hope he gets it up and running where he wants it to be.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:28 PM
9 Second Club

Really man really???? Hes one guy, dont you understand that?? Whats so hard to understand about that. He is not kenne bell, he is not some multi million dollar industry man that is out here making a killing aka rapeing off his customers like ecs and a&a i wonder why they can lower there prices all the time gee hmm hey maybe cause they rape you in the first place

When Jeff says hes going to do something he ******* does it. PERIOD END. Hes working on so many things that he doesnt even have to, just to help us out and you guys bitch at him for it????? Seriously man go to kenne bells website find a kit for the kenne bell on a GTO, ya you dont see one because its not kenne bell doing the work to try to help us LSX owners its JEFF.

Hes out here doing things not just for his company, not just for him, not just for his family. He is out here making these modifications for YOU the common guy who is intersted in the kit and would like a kenne bell on there car. And for this you guys ridicule him....? Grow the hell up.

I know you dont want involoved so im going to do my best to keep you out of it, however shanes part is a whole other story.

Lets do some facts about shane's car

1) Every single thing he tried to do to the car he fucked up. Badly. Obviously since now he is having someone else do a build for him right?

2) Go on corvette forum, via shanes words (I can look it up if you guys would like) He "completly solved his iat issues when he moved the iat sensor in the manifold" (which by the way is the most rediculous thing you could ever do). So i ask why does he have major iat issues? From his own mouth he solved them and stated this on the forum.

3) he drilled his manifold and completly ruined his warranty for his kenne bell, so my question is did you happen to mention that your blower has no warranty on it now when you sold it to that guy? I think not, sounds like a real stand up guy i would believe anything he says.....

o ya you also never answered my previous question about why you would call kenne bell to get a cam spec'd (and heard cfm rumors) but yet you were selling your blower the same week???? See previous post and let me know when you are ready to start standing up to your words.

To ramair, everything you stated about jeff sounds just like the guy i know. And i wish you the best of luck on shanes build i hope he gets it up and running where he wants it to be.

I started Shane's new build with the intentions of using the Kenne Bell. High compression and lots of meth was the plan. All parts were bought and cam was speced for the Kenne Bell to be used. If it didn't work with 10.8 to 1 then it was going to be sold. Change head gaskets, mill the heads and a N/A cam for a combo like mine that will run a low 10 to high 9 on motor. That was the plan. He was going to give it one more chance until he saw some other numbers come out from some KB strokers that were way low. He asked me what I thought and I told him to sell it and go with the TTIX kit. It has been 9.7x's already. It's bad when a all motor car out runs you week after week. I 60 better, ET better and MPH better. He has 10 grand sitting on top of his motor and I have a 800 dollar Fast intake. I also wanted to do a TTix kit. LOL

Quick Reply: roots vs twin screw