Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS2 APS w/ lg turbos

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomz28
i have talk to guys that made over 1000wheel with setup like yours and they still spent more time fixing them than driving them (mightymouse). then they went to a 6 bolt setup. now they have more time to drive and clean there cars than fixing them. i dont think 18psi is going to get you 1000wheel more like 20+. but not trying to be a dick by the way big bird. how is your car doing is it running yet whats going on with it?
tom , i didnt think you were trying to be a dick. i just wanted to clear some stuff up. yes Dave, mightymouse, had problems. but pretty sure he had stock head with those problems. not a thick deck AFR. Also the 18psi with a gt35r and 10:1 compression should be over 1000. if not i know everything in my motor i can push to atleast 23psi safely. so 23psi should for sure do it.

car is all together minus trany. this stupid tr6060 is pissing me off. i got to send it to RPM to get the stock f-body tail housing on it. i have tryed to get tit to work. but i dont want to cut my floor. lol

but i hope yours goes good. and i hope mine does to.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think timing is likely key factor in running higher boost on 4 bolt heads. I plan to stay under 20psi on mine and am a bit worried since put in ls7 gaskets and they don't line up think the steam holes? perfectly. If do have engine apart then will put in ls9 or cometic or similar.I won't be messing around too much if start having problems will build up LSX 427 or 454 like orginally planned with six bolt heads,hoping afr offers some if not likely trik flows. But hoping my 408 will work with the afrs. I think will be around 12 to maybe 15psi for daily ,want around 800rwhp I think for daily. 1000rwhp would be dyno bragging rights pretty much and not daily power level.And might try to get that with 75 or 125 shot of spray. Have the 800rwhp on boost only. Shouldn't be that hard to get 800rwhp at 12 to 15 with the bigger LGS on my 408. Guess find out in a few months.

Anyway be great for you guys to get your builds done and back on the road. I am lucky that my car is driving around but still on the small snails until weather turns crappy and then dont feel bad putting car down for awhile, shouldn't take more than a couple of days to do the swap but while under there swapping in LGs and the new bmr kmember have few other little things to do. Reinstall sway, mount and hook up eboost solenoids so can control not just monitor boost, reinstall front sway bar thats abut it .Oh and see if can put in hard inlet tubes so never worry about collapsing problem with the rubber ones.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:37 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
tom , i didnt think you were trying to be a dick. i just wanted to clear some stuff up. yes Dave, mightymouse, had problems. but pretty sure he had stock head with those problems. not a thick deck AFR. Also the 18psi with a gt35r and 10:1 compression should be over 1000. if not i know everything in my motor i can push to atleast 23psi safely. so 23psi should for sure do it.

car is all together minus trany. this stupid tr6060 is pissing me off. i got to send it to RPM to get the stock f-body tail housing on it. i have tryed to get tit to work. but i dont want to cut my floor. lol

but i hope yours goes good. and i hope mine does to.
thats sucks about the trans it should be bad *** when its in.
for the mightymouse he was runing ALLPRO heads. but what ever like you said the engine should be good for alot of boost and whats up with the 10 to1 i didnt know about that LOL.

i got a guy buying my old BMR k-member so i can get the new BMR one for aps camaros. i hope it frees up some room for me. oh by the way your motor looks good with those sleeves in it LOL
Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomz28
thats sucks about the trans it should be bad *** when its in.
for the mightymouse he was runing ALLPRO heads. but what ever like you said the engine should be good for alot of boost and whats up with the 10 to1 i didnt know about that LOL.

i got a guy buying my old BMR k-member so i can get the new BMR one for aps camaros. i hope it frees up some room for me. oh by the way your motor looks good with those sleeves in it LOL
10:1 with e85 will be nice. lol

my static compression will be 20.23 at 6,500 rpm. and i know e85 will support 23.** so i got some room.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

I hate you guys with e85 option. I have three e85 stations in my whole country! And they are like two thousand miles away. They have been selling flexfuel vehicles for years.I have a flexfuel 2008 pontiac montana van. But whats the point if they never give us e85 stations.

e85 is of course the hotness for FI cars.
Oh well have to make do with my alc injection and pump premium.
Maybe run straight race unleaded at track although pretty much my o2s can handle leaded pretty sure read that about them and have no cats.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:15 PM
9 Second Club

im with you AL im staying with pump gas and meth and race gas is right down the street
Old 04-20-2010, 11:38 PM
11 Second Club

That motor is coming together! We will have it done and installed soon! Your welcome for that help, i have learned alot in just those few days!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...35-option.html

thought i would post this in here. need yours guys input
Old 04-21-2010, 11:05 PM
9 Second Club

APS guys need there own sticky or page LOL
Old 04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Yea we'll call it the disaster page with NO tech support from APS where everybody had to learn their **** quick lol On another note lets make a trip down to the land down under? lol
Old 04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Yea we'll call it the disaster page with NO tech support from APS where everybody had to learn their **** quick lol On another note lets make a trip down to the land down under? lol
Well as they say alls well that ends well. I have worked out my little aps bugs course it did take money to do it..quite a bit of money for the LG upgrades but still happy with my kit. Worked out the little issues myself.
Heck still 100% better than having to fab up a kit from scratch. At least for me I don't have much fab skills. ok zero fab skills..LOL

And sorry to say this and please dont' take it wrong way but been in a few ati procharged cars now and while they were impressive compared to stock they dont' come close in sound or low , mid to top end punch my twin kit has.
I can leave the line under good boost with my two step and stall and can
hit full spool around mid 3000 or so.
And I can control traction with my eboost 2 by rpm which can give a similar boost delivery curve to centrifugal course you have way more boost at way lower rpm if you want and can also set it to ramp by time or by gear. Show me how to do that with your ati procharger. And most ati installs I see,especially big power are buying expensive belt setups so they don't have slippage and not sure what has to be done to pin crank or whatever. And you still have oil changes to do on the ati.
Install of procharger is simpler but really once turbo kit was installed its installed. And if you want to compare dyno curves at similar power no centrifugal comes close to any properly sized turbo setup. Twin screw can put out some great curves though but of course have their own pros and cons.
Now don't get me wrong..I plan on procharger on wifes 96z28 for something different. I have enough turbo cars in my stable.. But am now wondering if the prochargers still have that horrible gear rattle at idle that the ones I heard had? The whine was alright although turbos sound cooler to me . But that rattle was annoying.

But yeah APS really needs to get some customer service and quit selling knockoffs.I will never buy another aps kit in my lifetime, at least new.
And Peter really should have been in politics the way he could dodge just about every question put to him. But in spite of Dave and Peter.,my kit is actually pretty damn nice..and my stock turbos are still boosting just fine at 6000miles. But have never turned them up from stock 7.5 settings. They are pushing into my 408 though not a 346s o would think that works them harder And I don't baby the car.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

It sucks that the kit is quite impressive, and has really good qualities. They skimped everywhere else....especially on the turbos, bov's and some of the important pieces. Then they hung yall (aps guys) out to dry when it came time for tech support or new parts. Tom will tell you, I have many many many hours under his aps car. I love the design of the kit but they fucked the rest of it up. Procharger cars are a little better for traction imo lol. Yea turbos sound cooler lol...My next project car will be a single :-) My car doesnt really have that "rattle"? It whines a little bit but no real rattle or grinding noise. It mostly sounds like a learjet lol. Ask tom its not to bad. lol
Old 04-22-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Veteran

It sucks that the kit is quite impressive, and has really good qualities. They skimped everywhere else....especially on the turbos, bov's and some of the important pieces. Then they hung yall (aps guys) out to dry when it came time for tech support or new parts. Tom will tell you, I have many many many hours under his aps car. I love the design of the kit but they fucked the rest of it up. Procharger cars are a little better for traction imo lol. Yea turbos sound cooler lol...My next project car will be a single :-) My car doesnt really have that "rattle"? It whines a little bit but no real rattle or grinding noise. It mostly sounds like a learjet lol. Ask tom its not to bad. lol
I dont think they skipped everywhere else and have to wonder if they used knock offs on all the f body kits . I also think not all the vette and gto kits with the same turbos supposedly have all died early deaths. But yeah don't trust the turbos and thats why got the LG ones.

The intercooler, cold side piping, downpipes, exhaust manifolds,gates,welding, all are good quailty.Intercooler does a very good job, coolant overflow is work of art as is windshield washer reservoir. Instructions were good and kit installed pretty easily.Although it was pretty long install. The finished kit is very stealthy if person wants. Can't even see the turbos yet ground clearance is very good as is plug access.

The blow offs are fine they are factory on saabs or something .I changed mine out mostly because like loud unrecirced blow offs.I put plug to make the stock ones louder first off but my turbosmart supersonics are pretty wicked.

There was really only a few areas that needed to fix on the aps kit.
The inlets suck shut at higher boost levels. I stented mine for a few bucks in oval exhaust pipe. The front sway bar can hit the intercooler pipes. I simply didn't put mine on and you can barely tell it isn't there but will put it back with couple of spacers and shorten endlinks. Simple enough. I heard of aps cars running hot ,had only one semioverheat with mine but that was tuning as it was like 70 degrees out and had been messing with tuning .Fixed that and no more overheat but still put in Ron davis rad and high flow water pump just because wanted extra cooling capacity.

Anyway I like all power adders nitrous,supers,turbos. All fun, all different sounding ,feelling. Tom has had some really bad luck but aside from dead aps turbos most all his problems are his new engine. And I am not defending aps as a company or Peter. But they did design a good kit pverall too bad they cut corners with knock off turbos in at least some of the kits.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
9 Second Club

its a learjet for sure. he keep all the cops looking at him

this guy has just as much APS time as i do LOL. but the turbos blowing out on me twice suck alot of ***** but not as bad as this engine build
Old 04-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

All i got to say to all the power adder comments is.

"Bottles are for babies, and Real Men dont whine, They whistle." lol
Old 04-23-2010, 02:57 PM
9 Second Club

thats so gay LOL
Old 04-25-2010, 08:39 PM
11 Second Club

I think its a good kit...those bov's are cheap plastic pieces though lol The IC deff does its job. Toms IAT's were low even before the meth...I think right around mine and my front end is opened up. Ground clearance is deff one of the best. Front sway bars arent for real drag cars..no one needs them anyway lol...Stenting the inlet takes care of that rubber sucking shut just fine too lol Nothing compares to the gay-ness of this motor build. I have half a mind to bring my PTSD *** jarhead self out the MI and solve some **** myself. All thats happend so far has been bullshit. First trying to get it in the car (some modification nessary lol) then the thrust brg....then not starting...then "support" of said problems. For an expensive awesome motor its been gay. Atleast tom might get and awesome *** place to work on it all soon hopefully!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

What he said ^^^^^ well almost done just a few samll things to do

Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Looking good Tom..cheering for you buddy!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 AM
TECH Resident

Looking good, Tom.

Quick Reply: LS2 APS w/ lg turbos