Old 10-10-2009, 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup^^^^
i think my wife and i are done as well it just keeps snow balling
Old 10-10-2009, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

this might seem over simplified, but have you checked the primary side of the ignition wiring?
each coil subharness connector is going to have 1 12+vdc wire, 1 ground wire , 1 low voltage reference ground wire , and 4 grounded coil signal wires... 1 for each coil.
verify that you have solid 12+, ground, and low voltage refernce signal to the appropriate terminal on the connector...
if you do, ensure coil connectors are disconnected and fuel disabled ...test each of the coil signal wires for a steady pulse while cranking the engine... if the icm is detecting a signal from the crankshaft position sensor, the ground path will be completed and it should pulse at a uniform rate... if you have no signal or intermittent spark it will be easy to tell...
i had an issue once, where at cranking speeds i would get no signal on the primary side of the ignition coil wiring to every cylinder... however, plug the coil connectors in and enable fuel and the car would start up with a bit of reluctance.... some cylinders wouldnt misfire at all, then suddenly they would just drop, then come back, then drop, ect...at first i thought it had a failing icm in the pcm.. but with a little probing, turns out it had a bad connection somewhere along the line from the pcm to the connector pin on the 12+vdc terminal to the crankshaft position sensor... at cranking speeds, it would only muster up 1.2+vdc, but when the engine was started, it would fluctuate from 3-4 to 13-14 up and down... ran a new wire direct from the pcm to the sensor...found it had a solid signal... went to start the car, fired on first crank and no more misfire issue...

sometimes its something small thats easy to overlook... dont get discouraged im sure you will figure it out... sounds like a heavy hitting setup once all the bugs are worked out.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah sorry for your luck lately broh..car ,wife..when it rains it pours.

Been down divorce road once in my life. It wasn't much fun but things worked out better in the end. Got an better wife this time around I think. Worst part was seeing my kids get moved two thousand miles away and only got to see them every summer. That was worse than the money part of it. But hey sometimes you can't win. Not sure if you have kids. I was busy working,she was busy cheating. Hell with that. Married 9 years first time 15 years now second time.

As for the car well if its your only transportation it can get doubly annoying.If you have beater or something else then sometimes best to just park the damn things for awhile and come back to them a bit later on.

It is likely something dumb.something that happened obviously from the swap.
But what exactly is hard to say. I somehow messed up a cam sensor connnector when did my 408 swap. Intermittent problem which was even worse and the car wouldn't keep running at all with the 120 injectors when the cam sensor went fubar. Lucky didn't have to flatbed the car.It didn't leave my driveway till finally figured it out. And installed the 60s so if it was still problem at least car would keep running.

Yours have to be wiring like was said and has to pretty much involve that crank sensor.
camsensor, almost nothing else can make it not fire like yours is doing on only certain cylinders. But now you said didn't hear fuel pump running?

Not sure if you guys did try case relearn or turn off vats or relink vats or any of that stuff. If crank wheel is ok then not sure whats up. Wish was there to help you figure things out.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:40 PM
9 Second Club

thanks AL
but its on the dealer now ill let them pull there hair out over it LOL
im thinking that turboworx oil pump died already but have not looked in to it to much
Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
this might seem over simplified, but have you checked the primary side of the ignition wiring?
each coil subharness connector is going to have 1 12+vdc wire, 1 ground wire , 1 low voltage reference ground wire , and 4 grounded coil signal wires... 1 for each coil.
verify that you have solid 12+, ground, and low voltage refernce signal to the appropriate terminal on the connector...
if you do, ensure coil connectors are disconnected and fuel disabled ...test each of the coil signal wires for a steady pulse while cranking the engine... if the icm is detecting a signal from the crankshaft position sensor, the ground path will be completed and it should pulse at a uniform rate... if you have no signal or intermittent spark it will be easy to tell...
i had an issue once, where at cranking speeds i would get no signal on the primary side of the ignition coil wiring to every cylinder... however, plug the coil connectors in and enable fuel and the car would start up with a bit of reluctance.... some cylinders wouldnt misfire at all, then suddenly they would just drop, then come back, then drop, ect...at first i thought it had a failing icm in the pcm.. but with a little probing, turns out it had a bad connection somewhere along the line from the pcm to the connector pin on the 12+vdc terminal to the crankshaft position sensor... at cranking speeds, it would only muster up 1.2+vdc, but when the engine was started, it would fluctuate from 3-4 to 13-14 up and down... ran a new wire direct from the pcm to the sensor...found it had a solid signal... went to start the car, fired on first crank and no more misfire issue...

sometimes its something small thats easy to overlook... dont get discouraged im sure you will figure it out... sounds like a heavy hitting setup once all the bugs are worked out.
thats some good info to know

but we change the harness,pcm,coils and the crank sensor with no luck
and thanks for the +words.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Try to put some mushroom actual filters or something on there.
Do you know how much dirt there is just in the air?? Local guy at carshow showed up with his tt old dodge big block. No air cleaners at all.Dumb..just dumb.. but hey if you like buying new turbos.
The passengerside turbo would be the only one I could get a filter on. Then driverside turbo, actaully sits right in front of the K member and there only about a half inch of space between the two.. So if theres a filter that is 3.25 inch in size and 1/2 inch tall let me know..
Old 10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
9 Second Club

so the dealer shot me down today
the guy at the dealer was like "id like the money but i dont need it that bad" and i was like so is that why your the goverments bitch now LOL
Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 PM
9 Second Club

took the car to a dealer that likes cool cars like we have. they are all about helping out

i am also the new owner of a 03 duarmax very happy about that
Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Nice truck. Specs? Are you going to leave it stock?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leave it stock...hahahaha no way...even if he says he is he wont lol...first comes the edge tuner....then upreaded injectors...more boost...bigger turbo lol
Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

so the camaro is gone for good?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

I think he took it to dealer to see if they can fix it AND also got the truck?? Is that right Tom?
Turbo diesels are of course cool. How about some pics of the truck?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

just be careful with the Allison tranny. I have an 03 and have gone through 2 Allisons in 4 years just with an Edge juice with attitude and 5in exhaust. They are fun trucks though. Now hurry up with the car.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by OneMean01
just be careful with the Allison tranny. I have an 03 and have gone through 2 Allisons in 4 years just with an Edge juice with attitude and 5in exhaust. They are fun trucks though. Now hurry up with the car.
thats what i here, that the transmisson doesnt like a alot of hp
i just want to gget some ok MPG with and it looks like ill be towing alot as well i.e. the car
Old 10-14-2009, 09:42 PM
9 Second Club

the truck is staying stock for now but i have been doind alot of reading on them and its crazy how these things work
ill need to upgrade the trans frist and just bolt-ons at frist
ill post pics for you all later its coming from GA
Old 10-15-2009, 05:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

any news on the car?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
9 Second Club

im going to find out about the car tomorrow
Old 10-16-2009, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No new news...getting worked on today
Old 10-16-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

are you using the bmr turbo k member?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Aps kits use the non turbo bmr f body kmember.Some guys think used other makes of kmembers..

Quick Reply: LS2 APS w/ lg turbos