Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

whipple f-body kit :D

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone talked to whipple direct? I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they do release it, and see how its gonna fit.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by allthrotle
Has anyone talked to whipple direct? I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they do release it, and see how its gonna fit.
no but they live 45min away i can go scope em out one day . and maybe take pics if they let me
Old 09-16-2009, 05:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Killer_Z
no but they live 45min away i can go scope em out one day . and maybe take pics if they let me
ya I think theyre about 2 hrs away from where Im at. Your closer so you get to go! hahaha
Old 09-16-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

ya I think theyre about 2 hrs away from where Im at. Your closer so you get to go! hahaha
lol, unless someone on here lives in fresno, then they win. lol. but i'd still like to go.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

they should market it to the swap guys, that thing will fit in just about anything except a 4th gen
Old 09-16-2009, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

psssh......i know of a ls1 fbody with the big daddy 4.0 whipple on it. fact. and it requires a sawzall, notched windshield, and cut stock hood. it will hopefully be done being built around next April and make it to the Fbody gathering in atlanta (G14). i dare say it will be the most radical, wicked, insane street/show 4th gen on the planet!

...thats all for now. ive actually got pictures of it on the car, but im gonna leave yall wondering how it looks!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any idea why the 4.0? I'd think the 3.3 would have been big enough.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, unless someone on here lives in fresno, then they win. lol. but i'd still like to go.
I win! But I'm not going down there. I'm telling you guys......they are not making this kit. I actaullt talked with the owner (in person) before I went turbo a few years back. I read their website about the LS1 kits and didn't realize they WERE NOT designed to work in a 4th gen Fbody.

He said they had no plans to design a kit for a platform that seized production several (now 7+) years ago. I can't see why they would change their mind years later. They have a HUGE partnership woth Ford as well, so I am even somewhat suprised there is talsk of a 5th gen kit.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ninetres
I win! But I'm not going down there. I'm telling you guys......they are not making this kit. I actaullt talked with the owner (in person) before I went turbo a few years back. I read their website about the LS1 kits and didn't realize they WERE NOT designed to work in a 4th gen Fbody.

He said they had no plans to design a kit for a platform that seized production several (now 7+) years ago. I can't see why they would change their mind years later. They have a HUGE partnership woth Ford as well, so I am even somewhat suprised there is talsk of a 5th gen kit.
they finaly realize the lsx market is huge, and now they want to jump on it. i know i've talked to them for 4 years in a row. talked to dustin himself and also stated no plans for an f-body kit. maybe now its different. still something to keep an eye on.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ninetres

hey is there still plans on making a track down there in fresno? i heard between modesto and fresno theres supposed to be a 1/4 mile track built. sorry for the hijack lol.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
People are saying that it won't fit under a stock hood, what if you put a VFN hood on, maybe it might clear?
the hood really isnt the problem.. the cowl and windshield are. Both would need some serious modifications to fit that thing in an Fbody
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
People are saying that it won't fit under a stock hood, what if you put a VFN hood on, maybe it might clear?
You must not have done much work under the hood... The back 2 cylinders are under the cowl/windshield. I doubt this will ever happen, there is a reason it hasn't yet in the 16+ years the 4gen has been out.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
Any idea why the 4.0? I'd think the 3.3 would have been big enough.
bc a 4.0 stocking out of the hood of a sick conv. car is way cooler. ill ask the owner if i can post the pics....not much info is bein given out somewhere public like this tho, bc this car may make some people that are big in the GM aftermarket pretty mad!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

maybe now its different. still something to keep an eye on.
UFOs and Bigfoot are worth keeping an eye on too, but I suspect you'll see one of them before you see an f-bod Whipple kit.

The old news is that the LSx kit is a non-emissions one for motor swap cars and sandrails, not for f-bods. Wait until you have a picture of a kit in an f-bod to start this up again.

Jim
Old 09-17-2009, 12:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DeltaT
UFOs and Bigfoot are worth keeping an eye on too, but I suspect you'll see one of them before you see an f-bod Whipple kit.

The old news is that the LSx kit is a non-emissions one for motor swap cars and sandrails, not for f-bods. Wait until you have a picture of a kit in an f-bod to start this up again.

Jim
hey i believe in UFO's damnit. i swear, 4th of july my and a few friends seen one. and over here we have a festival for apricots and seen it again there hovering over the hills back and forth. **** u not.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Absolutely no peep on Whipple's site about anything new for the F-bod, because not enought people want to use the Sawzall...

Jim
You take that back! .... That's my favorite tool
Old 09-17-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

hey i believe in UFO's damnit. i swear, 4th of july my and a few friends seen one. and over here we have a festival for apricots and seen it again there hovering over the hills back and forth. **** u not.
Next time ask one of them for a flux capacitor for your car, then you won't care about the Whipple

Jim
Old 09-17-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Next time ask one of them for a flux capacitor for your car, then you won't care about the Whipple

Jim
i asked about muffler bearings, and blinker fluid theres a flux capacitor? lol
Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

i asked about muffler bearings, and blinker fluid theres a flux capacitor? lol
There is a flux capacitor but, you have to have a left handed screwdriver to install it. Otheriwise when you reach 88mph nothing will happen.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

There is a flux capacitor but, you have to have a left handed screwdriver to install it. Otheriwise when you reach 88mph nothing will happen.
damnit local hardware store doesnt have n e left handed screwdrivers. u think good ol' craftsman has one? i got there catalog . lol I love this forum.

n e ways i e-mailed Dustin to see if its the truth.

Quick Reply: whipple f-body kit :D