Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

1300rwhp Vette

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1300rwhp Vette

How come we never see any C5's in the upper rwhp range? Here's my situation. I'm looking at buying back my old 99FRC FI car and would love to set it up for the One mile events w/a big TT setup and LSX 6 bolt motor. I can't help but remember the driveline nightmares I had with the car several years ago when it was only making 800rwhp. But from what I remember the aerodynamics on the C5's were excellent, and w/a 28" tall tire and a 3.15 gear in a 6speed, the car would be a great contender. Especially since the 6bolt blocks came out(unavailable back in the day). Am I just dreaming or wasting my time considering doing this? The other pros in favor are the mini tub situation allowing for a nice wide 345 tire and then ECS's powerglide setup is a direct bolt in for the months during the summer to take the car drag racing. So I could go back and forth between powerglide and T56 to add enjoyment. Your thoughts? (Experience preferred of course)

Was gonna do it w/the viper, but I'd rather not have that much money tied up into a "dedicated" type race car...Would rather enjoy the viper w/ac and daily drivability.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont have experience in that power level at all but I totally agree with on this
"""How come we never see any C5's in the upper rwhp range?"""

in Mile event you always see Supras, some Viper and now TT Gallardo doing all the work hell even 900awhp porsche ran over 230mph and still the fastest LSX Car I've seen is Built 440ci 300Shot C6 ZO6 Ran 211mph its not like our engine can't make power!!!!!

I say do ERL 480ci Built for boost AllPro 6bolt Heads 98mm Turbo RPM ZR1 Transmission with 2.73 Gears (this is my dream setup) 25psi and hello 1800HP 240+mph.

Sorry for the long post I was bored.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With out major fab work, its hard to get big twins in them.

On top of that, everything is tied in to the car, so you are stuck with a stock PCM, unless, again, you switch to a stand alone, and then you have more headaches on your hands...

It aint as easy as they make it out to be. a 1000 rwhp vette is pretty typical. An 1100 rwhp vette is seen, but not many. a 1200 rwhp vette is almost unheard of, 1300 is a dream IMO.

Not to mention- you cant stick a fab 9, and a glide in it like you can the F cars....
Old 10-28-2009, 04:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Another member here, V-Series Tech, has 1200+ rwhp aspirations in his C5.
I'll spare you the details involving all the non hardcore race parts he does not have, but we are planning E85, 160# injectors/Vesafueler, big return fuel system (2000 HP Magnafuel pump), lots of boost, and this is all being added to a 2.73 geared 00 C5 FRC that already wears a pair of PT67s on a PTK kit.

Cars only goal in life currently is to be the fastest Vette in the mile period. Lofty? LOL....but we will have lots of fun trying.

I love your idea, and think it is doable, especially since you seem to have a little more of a budget than V-Series...if you pull off the dual purpose drag/mile Vette, well, I know I'd love to see it, keep us posted.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:29 PM
9 Second Club

its doable, just noone has tried it publicly yet.

it will have the same trouble as the vipers though, keep breaking driveline parts T56 for starters, or the rear/axles.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:40 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/L...ile_195518.htm

This car made 900 rwhp. ^^ I think we could have gone 215, but just ran out of time and really, a standing mile event is a tuners WORST knightmare, short of bonneville. Its Long enough to break stuff, and short enough you can get away with it on kill.....

The Nitrous 440 car had a nice tail wind when it went 211, but it still went 211

Norms LPE TT C6 went 226 with 1300 from what I have been told, and eats a T56 every outing....
Old 10-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by oufan2929
How come we never see any C5's in the upper rwhp range? Here's my situation. I'm looking at buying back my old 99FRC FI car and would love to set it up for the One mile events w/a big TT setup and LSX 6 bolt motor. I can't help but remember the driveline nightmares I had with the car several years ago when it was only making 800rwhp. But from what I remember the aerodynamics on the C5's were excellent, and w/a 28" tall tire and a 3.15 gear in a 6speed, the car would be a great contender. Especially since the 6bolt blocks came out(unavailable back in the day). Am I just dreaming or wasting my time considering doing this? The other pros in favor are the mini tub situation allowing for a nice wide 345 tire and then ECS's powerglide setup is a direct bolt in for the months during the summer to take the car drag racing. So I could go back and forth between powerglide and T56 to add enjoyment. Your thoughts? (Experience preferred of course)

Was gonna do it w/the viper, but I'd rather not have that much money tied up into a "dedicated" type race car...Would rather enjoy the viper w/ac and daily drivability.

Thanks guys!
Its all about the CASH-ola!!!!

NRE can put their 454ci LSX TT 2,500 HP streetable engine in your Vette. Its just gonna cost you $52,000 for the engine and complete turbo kit. Then about $15,000 for the fabbing and install. Set up right.....how dast will that get you?????

Money makes the rules and breaks the limits...........

Old 10-28-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Was gonna say the same thing as this guy ^
If you have more money than you know what to do with, or are at least well off and dedicated to this, you need to call Nelson Racing Engines.
read somwhere about them doing a 7XX cu. motor that was gonna run twin 91's or something insane and they were putting it in a transam.
Money talks....period
Old 10-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Like others have said.. It's doable, but you will throw so much money at it it's not funny. You are better off picking a better platform. Like a Supra.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're going to do it with an FRC, why buy that car back? You'll be replacing everything anyway. Don't forget, the motor is shifted back some so you'll have to get it forward again, I'd think. If you want to use that platfrom (I think you should, having one of, if not the fastest C5 in the mile would be awesome), buy a stock one and tear it up. I think the only real value behind that particular car is the fuel system, and it will probably still need upgrading. If it's a sentimental thing, then that is different, just give me the old head unit .
Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
If you're going to do it with an FRC, why buy that car back? You'll be replacing everything anyway. Don't forget, the motor is shifted back some so you'll have to get it forward again, I'd think. If you want to use that platfrom (I think you should, having one of, if not the fastest C5 in the mile would be awesome), buy a stock one and tear it up. I think the only real value behind that particular car is the fuel system, and it will probably still need upgrading. If it's a sentimental thing, then that is different, just give me the old head unit .

Mostly sentimental, but I could also sell the blower setup on it and fab the initial turbo kit for basically free. And I'd use that motor as well. I'm sure everyone here would love to know how far you can take a 1/2" studded block...
Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VINCE
Like others have said.. It's doable, but you will throw so much money at it it's not funny. You are better off picking a better platform. Like a Supra.
I definitely don't disagree...A supra is a car I've always wanted to build anyways. I know you and I have always had the same taste. I've just never gone down the supra road...
Old 10-28-2009, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blknight6989
Was gonna say the same thing as this guy ^
If you have more money than you know what to do with, or are at least well off and dedicated to this, you need to call Nelson Racing Engines.
read somwhere about them doing a 7XX cu. motor that was gonna run twin 91's or something insane and they were putting it in a transam.
Money talks....period

Well, I definitely don't have more money than I know what to do with, but I am definitely dedicated to the cause. And for the most part can feasibly get'er done. Would LOVE to send a car to NRE, but then again don't have more money than I know what to do with...but one day!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Mostly sentimental, but I could also sell the blower setup on it and fab the initial turbo kit for basically free. And I'd use that motor as well. I'm sure everyone here would love to know how far you can take a 1/2" studded block...
Well if you're using the motor, then I say go for it! I don't want to be the downer though, but that motor still has stock main caps, but ARP studs. They aren't pinned or anything so if you want to make some power, which you seem to have an addiction, they'll have to be at least pinned. I know Fireball had stock caps and made every bit of 1700 to the crank, but again, pinned. I'd want them changed, i.e. pulling the motor, align bore again blah blah. Winter is coming so you can definitely get it done, and it's not like you'll be starved for a fast car or anything.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's why I have both. Went with an auto Supra first due to already having a 6 speed car. Eventually I am going to pull the trigger on a 6 speed Supra and build it up for a really quick street setup. I like the BL compound turbo setup.

I definitely don't disagree...A supra is a car I've always wanted to build anyways. I know you and I have always had the same taste. I've just never gone down the supra road...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Launching!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...ter_182098.htm

heres one
Old 10-29-2009, 01:14 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah I remember that car so this is the fastest LSX Car in standing mile.
I can't believe how well the car hooks.

Here is another one 1265rwhp 18psi C5R Block
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riuJSMQlmvU
Old 10-29-2009, 02:07 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

I know there is another corvette out there that probably has the potential. It is a yellow car with an insane twin setup. I'll try and find the pictures real quick. I think I know where they are.

EDIT:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-corvette.html
Red one = 1000+

Yellow one claims 1265/1103:

More pictures:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/10344894-post57.html

Last edited by Beaflag VonRathburg; 10-29-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Didn't Paul Major C5 ( before the BBC switch ) make around 1300 rwhp.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1290
Didn't Paul Major C5 ( before the BBC switch ) make around 1300 rwhp.
When did paul switch to BBC?? is he keeping the turbos????

Chris.

Quick Reply: 1300rwhp Vette