Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Time! holset H2C, Theee importkiller *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kdavis
About what rpm were u seeing full boost? I wish u would have gotten it on the track or dyno to see how the holset did on the lsx. Which would u recommend for a 5.3? Or a 6.0?
I wanted to see my turbo do some good as well, but he blew it up via running metal shavings from his last blown turbo through it... I had no doubts it would have made the same/more power on this boost, but spool time would have been half as much or less.

Apparently when someone gives you a turbo because they know you dont have money for one, and expects you to eventually pay for it... It means that they can just keep it or blow it up, and not have to pay for it. I now have zero dollars, and a blown turbo.... thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by darkhorizon
I wanted to see my turbo do some good as well, but he blew it up via running metal shavings from his last blown turbo through it... I had no doubts it would have made the same/more power on this boost, but spool time would have been half as much or less.

Apparently when someone gives you a turbo because they know you dont have money for one, and expects you to eventually pay for it... It means that they can just keep it or blow it up, and not have to pay for it. I now have zero dollars, and a blown turbo.... thanks!

Dont be a dousche. Blake didnt do anything to the turbo.

There is no reason to come in his thread and start ****.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Blake didnt do anything to the turbo.
You were standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME when he said he had to put oil in it, because the old oil was full of metal shavings...

My turbo did not have shaft play and bouncing off the compressor housing when I gave it to him, I know that for fact.... He put more than enough miles on it to cause what happened.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

so you want 25$ is what your telling me? U stated those turbos are cheap as **** to rebuild and u stated "25$" to rebuild one
Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

First off with this so called "drama" you were pushing me sooo hard to try this turbo of urs that you would have practically given it to me to try... which you did. I was totally planning on paying ya the money for it. But i wasnt getting any of the power i wanted from it. It sucked in the high rpms. So i found a great deal on the Borg and thats how it went.
You do not know the condition of it b4 you even gave it to me... it was in pieces and all corroded and nasty, we couldnt even spin the blades on it. I had to put it together. If you give me something that you are more familiar with y didnt u put it together for me knowing this might happen. You know the liability of giving someone a turbo to use.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
On The Tree

so you want 25$ is what your telling me? U stated those turbos are cheap as **** to rebuild and u stated "25$" to rebuild one
My words were "these turbos are so cheap, they dont need to be rebuilt". They are currently $95 shipped on ebay if you want to get me a new one, or if you can find a rebuild kit for $25.. go ahead and rebuild it for me... it is just sitting here.

First off with this so called "drama" you were pushing me sooo hard to try this turbo of urs that you would have practically given it to me to try...
which you did. I was totally planning on paying ya the money for it.
I was pushing you to run it vs that old junker you blew up.. is because I knew you didnt have the money for a different one, and this one would spool a thousand times better than the old one... while still having the same T4 1.2a/r exhaust side.

But i wasnt getting any of the power i wanted from it. It sucked in the high rpms.
That is not the turbo's fault... I am sorry but you can not judge how a turbo works based on 100% *** dyno numbers. You never had a boost controller on it, and complained about how it made 6psi... totally the turbo's fault that the exhaust side was so efficient that it couldnt make a shitload of boost on a 6psi wastegate spring.

So i found a great deal on the Borg and thats how it went.
Strange timing for someone that has been complaining of not having money for one...

You do not know the condition of it b4 you even gave it to me... it was in pieces and all corroded and nasty, we couldnt even spin the blades on it.

I had to put it together. If you give me something that you are more familiar with y didnt u put it together for me knowing this might happen. You know the liability of giving someone a turbo to use.
100% bullshit. The turbo you had was taken off of Justins fiero, in PERFECT condition. I knew everything about that turbo, the "crusty" one is still in my garage.

I had to put it together.
If you had to put it together... How could the shaft have been frozen? I have gotten 4 of these turbos now, every one that was "froze up" (in reality they were just a bit sticky) was because the exhaust housing was full of diesel soot and they spun true and free when the exhaust housing was removed.

Even if I did give you the "crusty" one, it would have had nothing to do with how it was destroyed, as shaft play comes from wear, not "being froze up".

My phone takes pretty good video, so if you still think you got "the crusty one" I can post one proving otherwise in 30 minutes.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

My words were "these turbos are so cheap, they dont need to be rebuilt". They are currently $95 shipped on ebay if you want to get me a new one, or if you can find a rebuild kit for $25.. go ahead and rebuild it for me... it is just sitting here.
You keep changing the price on what they go for... 75$ 60$ 95$now?!?! I have couple of ppl hearing that you said they can be rebuilt for about 25$... just saying from ur input.

That is not the turbo's fault... I am sorry but you can not judge how a turbo works based on 100% *** dyno numbers. You never had a boost controller on it, and complained about how it made 6psi... totally the turbo's fault that the exhaust side was so efficient that it couldnt make a shitload of boost on a 6psi wastegate spring.
i definatly made much more than just 6psi... you remember when it spiked 12-14 and hold it there a lot... still wasnt good up top when it was doing that... AFR and timing was almost perfect

100% bullshit. The turbo you had was taken off of Justins fiero, in PERFECT condition. I knew everything about that turbo, the "crusty" one is still in my garage.
y was that one taken off of justins fiero if he has another one of those on his car now?!?! there must be a logical reason y it came off of his car and was in pieces when you gave it to me off ur table
Old 08-25-2010, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

You keep changing the price on what they go for... 75$ 60$ 95$now?!?! I have couple of ppl hearing that you said they can be rebuilt for about 25$... just saying from ur input.
I have found them for plenty of different dollar amounts. One I got for $50, the one you got I actually paid $130 for. I made it clear all I wanted was $75, and that was the same from the day you left, till now. I never said $25 anything.

there must be a logical reason y it came off of his car
Perfectly logical reason Justin took that turbo off. I already told you this a few times, but I will say it again.

He called me after putting his car together (early in the morning) saying that it was smoking. I was skeptical he blew it up, but I had a center section laying around because I was in the middle of cleaning it.(note the fact that these are cheap because the exhaust housing gets clogged with crud, which is why I had this turbo apart). I tossed the new chra on, drove around and it smoked worse than the other one did... I get back and he had 2 oil caps on instead of 2 breathers... which was something so dumb that I didnt even think to look at it. I put a breather on, and it was fine.... the old turbo did not have shaft play... and I know this more so than anything because the first thing I would have noticed it diagnosing a smoking turbo....

you remember when it spiked 12-14 and hold it there a lot.
No, I do not remember.. All i remember was you blowing a charge pipe... I rode in it one time, and it didnt make it past 3500rpms without blowing charge tubes. You also told me that you didnt have the wastegate reference line hooked up at this time either.

The only other time I have heard of it sense you fixed the blowing off charge tubes was from Jeff and blake, both said you barely made 4psi (you and Trevor were there when blake confirmed this many times the night you put that turbo in).

If you are not going to give me any money for this, just tell me. I can see that trying to discuss anything based on fact has long passed. You obviously feel that I have not been **** for help on the entire project, and have no remorses for knowingly blowing up my turbo. The real smoking gun on this is the fact that you got a new turbo without saying **** to me... but told everyone else... You even had the nerve to call and ask where you could get exhaust parts to replace my turbo that you blew up, but you wouldnt say anything because it was a "secret"... AKA you didnt want to tell me that you ruined my turbo so I would still tell you where to get exhaust parts from....

I had grand illusions that you were a stand up guy on things, but to just completely trash all the help that I gave you over the last few months over a stupid $75 turbo is just insanity.....
Old 08-25-2010, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

you got a new turbo without saying **** to me... but told everyone else... You even had the nerve to call and ask where you could get exhaust parts to replace my turbo that you blew up, but you wouldnt say anything because it was a "secret"... AKA you didnt want to tell me that you ruined my turbo so I would still tell you where to get exhaust parts from....
Hold up here... you knew exactly why i got that turbo and didnt tell you. It was so i could try to put a fight against that fiero of urs... i wanted to just show up one day next to ya on the highway and surprise ya that i could keep up or so.
I am definatly not admitting that i blew your turbo...i checked everything b4 i put it on and it was the same as when i took it off. There were no signs of anything so called "blown" from that turbo. you should have checked it your self also knowing that an issue like this is always gona play a role

this isnt getting anywhere but you looking like a whinny bastard. U want money... u'll get money, just dont be a douche like this and have to explain ur life to me bout it. Plus the whole world doesnt need to hear bout OUR little issue, who is gona care bout us?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Restricted User

wow this got dramatic quick. you paid 75 bucks for a turbo? man I'm jealous I spent like 1100 for my TC76.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

You have alot of work to do before you get to pick on 140mph cars, giant turbo or not.

I really dont buy the whole story... it just doesnt make any sense and it has nothing to do with money at this point... it was just the way it was handled that is pissing me off..... If for some reason I didnt know that it was blown and gave it to you.. I would think you would be a little more careful about the situation instead of just laughing at me. And up to this point I didnt even mention the fact that the oil port is full of JB weld, and now ruined vs any attempt to put the correct fitting in there.

You may have "found" a good deal on a borg.. but it wasnt going anywhere and you never got around to making my turbo work... So i dont see any reason to just magically swap the turbo out to allegedly run the same boost and make less power? at the end of the day, you ended up with a $800 turbo that made the same power that my $75 turbo made.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

If for some reason I didnt know that it was blown and gave it to you.. I would think you would be a little more careful about the situation instead of just laughing at me.
This is no laughing matter... u think this is laughing!??!?!
And up to this point I didnt even mention the fact that the oil port is full of JB weld, and now ruined vs any attempt to put the correct fitting in there.
Well you should have given me that info before i put it on my car... u remember me calling you asking where i could get that fitting for it... at the time you just agreed that i could get a standard fitting for it. Then after all that was on you told me i could go to a hydraulic shop and get a metric thread for it. JB was a janky fix for the moment. it totally workd tho

You may have "found" a good deal on a borg.. but it wasnt going anywhere and you never got around to making my turbo work... So i dont see any reason to just magically swap the turbo out to allegedly run the same boost and make less power? at the end of the day, you ended up with a $800 turbo that made the same power that my $75 turbo made.
I made that turbo work... how would it be any different than locking it in certain positions like it would do itself than magically make more power by just putting a wastegate actuator on it? Then i let the backpressure of it adjust the vanes and there was nooo difference.
The new Borg made a 130hp more than that stinkin he351. I have dyno numbers to prove it... i told everyone with that past turbo that i spun the tires on the dyno with it so i wouldnt have to be embarrassed by the 410whp it put down... this new borg put down 540rwhp/480tq yesterday on the SAME Dynojet.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by transammiller
wow this got dramatic quick. you paid 75 bucks for a turbo? man I'm jealous I spent like 1100 for my TC76.
lol it sure did... disregard all that, idk y it had to all be on here.
Well thats the thing i didnt pay for that turbo and i gave it back to him and he wants money cause i supposedly blew it up. which is always the liability issue of giving someone a turbo to use
Old 08-25-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its too bad an entire page of your thread had to go to waste for this BS.

All I see is scott or w/e his name is skewing the facts to his favor.

Im not even in this... but it really pisses me off when "friends" try to make money off you...

Back on topic...

You having fun with your new turbo?

sssssssssss errrtt vroom wooosh chttetet chrip vroom wooosh cheetete

^^^^ That was a brake boost and a 2nd to 3rd run. LMAO
Old 08-25-2010, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Im not even in this... but it really pisses me off when "friends" try to make money off you...
Que me in on the point where I was making money selling a turbo I paid $130 for for $75?

Either way, I am not going to argue about it, as this is not the place to.

If I admit that it was a bad idea to push this turbo on you without asking for money, would you admit that the oil shavings blew it up? I wouldnt mind meeting in the middle on some aspect, because I really dont want to lose my *** on a turbo that was worth alot to me.

If I let you borrow a lawnmower, and you dumped metal shavings in the oil and ruined it, then gave it back and said "oh well, shouldnt have let me borrow it".... Would you think that is the best plan?

And if you still think the turbo was blown when I gave it to you... Just keep your money, because your psychiatrist will probably be pretty expensive.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PUNISHER TA
Its too bad an entire page of your thread had to go to waste for this BS.

All I see is scott or w/e his name is skewing the facts to his favor.

Back on topic...

You having fun with your new turbo?

sssssssssss errrtt vroom wooosh chttetet chrip vroom wooosh cheetete

^^^^ That was a brake boost and a 2nd to 3rd run. LMAO
Exactly back on topic... Ive been having tons of fun with this new turbo... got those great numbers on the dyno with 10lbs and its been great driving it around on the street.
lol that brake boost run from 2nd to 3rd was great fun!!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:12 PM

lol @ arguing over a junk ebay turbo.. i wouldnt put them on my mower. lol

anyways.. we need vids.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00'TurboLS1
lol @ arguing over a junk ebay turbo.. i wouldnt put them on my mower. lol

anyways.. we need vids.
I have that vid on my facebook. for some reason i cant save it to upload it to post it up on here.
heres the link if ya wana check it out on my facebook
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...7910275&ref=mf
Old 08-26-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for the drama, but the car did great!!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:17 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MillsMotorvation
Sorry for the drama, but the car did great!!
Thanks lol... it did very well, i got what i was hoping out of it.
does the link work well?

Quick Reply: Turbo Time! holset H2C, Theee importkiller *PICS*