Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who wants to make some serious horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul's post was funnier.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned For Creating Multiple Accounts Tony1

"Does dynamic matching really matter?"

There are lots of rumors floating around (put out there by other guys that sell injectors) that other people have the same injectors as our ID2000, they're just not matched by the same process. This is correct, except the rest of the rumor is that the consistency from Bosch is so good that our dynamic matching process doesn't have any benefit. Unfortunately, this is far from the truth.

This is a deviation vs. pulsewidth chart for every 10th injector out of a batch. You can see that while static flow variance is pretty good, there is quite a spread at 2msec pulsewidth, where much of the life of the injector is spent and where you really see and feel a difference from cylinder to cylinder variations. About a 2% spread at static flow (which is where most people have the ability to test halfway accurately) and as much as a 13% spread at 2msec. Do you think a 13% variance from cylinder to cylinder at idle and part throttle will make a difference in how a car runs?

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...000_Spread.jpg

Here's a matched set of 6. It looks like there are only 4 lines on the graph, but there are actually 6, some are just so similar they pretty much overlay.

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...00_Matched.jpg
Old 12-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ID mike,

so are you saying all the info FIC has is from you? so do they buy just from you?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
i am with you. i bought 2 sets from them both worked great.

and they seem smart as hell on the phone. time will tell. i got more i need to order from them. lol.
which injectors did you get from them? and how long u been running them? what kind of power?

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
I run 200lb High "Z" injectors in my setup, not the same as the pic shown... But just want to add that they idle perfectly, I can't tell the difference between the 60's, 80's, and now 200's they fuel perfectly I'm amazed...

well are those 200's "their" injectors or another brand that they sell?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Banned For Creating Troll Account t1_ID_MIKE

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6
ID mike,

so are you saying all the info FIC has is from you? so do they buy just from you?
The fact that he's directing people to the ID site for info seems to suggest that, don't you think?

FIC does not buy injectors from Injector Dynamics.

ID's injector data is posted on the website, a lot of data at that, I don't see anything remotely similar from FIC. The GM ecu data is not posted on ID's site for obvious reasons.

Injector Dynamics was the first to offer this 2200cc high impedance injector. The first to figure out the fuel compatiblity on it and why, and the ones that gave the injector such a great reputation of performance, because of the matching and the data provided. Take this injector as an improperly matched set and with no data and it won't perform near as well.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tony1
The fact that he's directing people to the ID site for info seems to suggest that, don't you think?

ID's injector data is posted on the website, a lot of data at that, I don't see anything remotely similar from FIC. The GM ecu data is not posted on ID's site for obvious reasons.

Injector Dynamics was the first to offer this 2200cc high impedance injector. The first to figure out the fuel compatiblity on it and why, and the ones that gave the injector such a great reputation of performance, because of the matching and the data provided. Take this injector as an improperly matched set and with no data and it won't perform near as well.
I did not want to jump in but I see where it's going. First of all the injector in question is made by bosch, not us , I'd or anyone else makes them. ID has done a brilliant job on marketing these. We have been modifying injectors way before these guys were in business. Just because we sell the same injector that they want to make proprietary is rediculous, it's a free world. Our sets are flow Matched to the best of our ability , we buy at least 10 sets at a time and match them up using our flow bench. We use different pulse widths and set up our sets accordingly. We have sold countless sets to customers of ours with no complaints. Please feel free to search any forum and find negative comments. We also sell these cheaper than everyone else! Maybe that's the real problem here. you can also buy them from 6 other guys that I know about. For someone to call us a nut less **** sucker shows a lot of class. We do what we do and they do what they do. like Macy,s and Gimballs. meanwhile buy from whom ever you want, their injectors are evidently the "best in the world" he's also the only one that can match an injector. All I can tell you is do your homework, call or e mail some of our customers who used these. there's an old marketing slogan used by Packard in the 40's. It's simple "ask the man that owns one".
Old 12-10-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by injectordynamics
I can't believe that nutless ********** just directed everyone to my website for data on "his" injectors.

Based on the marketing blurb on your website one would believe that you have the knowledge to generate your own data.

What amazes me is that you're shameless enough to pull a stunt like that on a public forum.

I suppose I should thank you for proving what I have said all along which is that you guys don't know a fuel injector from a ******* shovel.

Paul Yaw
Injector Dynamics
Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
I did not want to jump in but I see where it's going. First of all the injector in question is made by bosch, not us , I'd or anyone else makes them. ID has done a brilliant job on marketing these. We have been modifying injectors way before these guys were in business. Just because we sell the same injector that they want to make proprietary is rediculous, it's a free world. Our sets are flow Matched to the best of our ability , we buy at least 10 sets at a time and match them up using our flow bench. We use different pulse widths and set up our sets accordingly. We have sold countless sets to customers of ours with no complaints. Please feel free to search any forum and find negative comments. We also sell these cheaper than everyone else! Maybe that's the real problem here. you can also buy them from 6 other guys that I know about. For someone to call us a nut less **** sucker shows a lot of class. We do what we do and they do what they do. like Macy,s and Gimballs. meanwhile buy from whom ever you want, their injectors are evidently the "best in the world" he's also the only one that can match an injector. All I can tell you is do your homework, call or e mail some of our customers who used these. there's an old marketing slogan used by Packard in the 40's. It's simple "ask the man that owns one".
i think these posts speak for themselves! i am glad ficinjectors explained whats going on here. and did it in a TASTEFULL maner. im not sure who paul is at ID, but i hope he isnt an owner, and needs to stay off the forums if thats how he acts. me, not knowing anything bout either shop, sure didnt/dont have a good opinion of ID. i sent him a pm to get more info and see if he would elaborate on his statement, "ficinjectors dont know a fuel injector from a ****** shovel", but got no response. i also sent ficinjectors a pm asking him to explain what was goin on here. ficinjectors had not seen all this untill i sent it to them. i feel confident with my purchase from them and are happy with the way they handled this thread!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
THESE ARE THE SAME AS WHAT INJECTOR DYNAMIC SAYS THEY MAKE.. tHEY GET FROM THE SAME PLACE AS WE DO.. BUT, THEY HAVE SOLD A TON OF THESE.. GO TO THEIR WEBSITE THERE IS A TON OF INFO THERE
i take this statement ficinjector thinks ID gets their injectors from bosch, (which is what this thread is about, the "BOSCH" 200lbs injector). is this true? did yall misspeak? or is it just a misunderstanding?

Originally Posted by Louis at GSS
I know Tony and Paul quite well at Injector Dynamics. I run their 2000s in quite a few cars, and I find it hard to believe that you would actually sell a knock off and then direct customers to their site because you dont have the info.

http://t1racedevelopment.com/index.p...atid=15&id=135

The true ID brand injectors wont run on Q16, as the sealing surface will distort with MTBE loaded fuels, but they will run on C23, C16, and most importantly, E85.

I have ALL of the GM data needed to run them on a stock ECU. Phil, there is no configuration ability of the BS3 when it comes to different injector resistances. Ive only used them on stock ECUs and Motecs, without issues.
so the bosch is a knock off? or is it infact the same? they arent pushing there "own" injector as being the same. i do understand ID has done alot of reaserch, and work to provide their info. and my hatts off to them for that.

Originally Posted by injectordynamics
I can't believe that nutless ********** just directed everyone to my website for data on "his" injectors.

Based on the marketing blurb on your website one would believe that you have the knowledge to generate your own data.

What amazes me is that you're shameless enough to pull a stunt like that on a public forum.

I suppose I should thank you for proving what I have said all along which is that you guys don't know a fuel injector from a ******* shovel.

Paul Yaw
Injector Dynamics
this is where it gets fishy imho. he never said they were "HIS" injectors. so basically your angry that he is saying that the info for yall 2000 injector is the same, and will work for the 200lbs bosch?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tony1

no it doesnt mean they buy from them. maybe ID just makes it the easiest for people to understand. idk. lol. i sell UMI parts all day long and when i need info i direct customers to UMI. even though i buy them from Byunspeed.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM
FormerVendor

This thread Is getting out of hand. The only reason we sent the link to the ID website is because it's so pretty!! Bells, whistles etc. We don't spend a ton on that stuff, we would rather sell the injector 50 less per injector. Our customers also
know that we have our data in order on these. We e mail all the efi live files for the tuner. We can guaranty we don't send people on the intenet to look at public websites. LOL.. Also, ID, why would you be mad if I drove people to your website?
Since today our sales on these have been terrific. keep up the good work, I appreciate the publicity.

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 12-10-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Just bought my 1000'sfor the ls1 today from FIC, great price, great service. I got 5 files to upload to EFI Live, this tune was sent to Cory Henderson at Henderson performance.. The injectors will be there in a few Hopefully one of these days we can get this thing on the road again. Looks to me by these posts that there is a Lot of cool-aid drinking at ID
Old 12-10-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 98transbum
Looks to me by these posts that there is a Lot of cool-aid drinking at ID
Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Lets keep tis thread on track..

Thanks
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Whats the rwhp limit on E85 with these? Just got some machined 60's from FIC. Great service!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 4SFEDZ
which injectors did you get from them? and how long u been running them? what kind of power?

well are those 200's "their" injectors or another brand that they sell?
I've had them since August, though only one track outing and only time for 2 tanks of fuel on the street, (working a lot)

I run the I.D.'s with a different hat that they provide that is superior to the others, The fact that Tony and the crew have done the R&D and provided the data to my tuner (Dallas Performance) was a no brainer. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for in this instance, I am VERY happy with the performance and driveability. And I appreciate the time and shared wisdom put into these injectors from T1 and I.D. I would not take chances with an injector that was dynamically matched like these, the HP levels that most have that will run this injector calls for a more precise fuel mixture from cylinder to cylinder, where a 10% difference could be a very large problem.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by t1_ID_MIKE
Can FIC generate this data in house for all of it's injectors and can FIC test these injectors accurately and dynamically at the low pulsewidths Injector Dynamics can?
I feel these are both legitimate questions. As someone who has been looking for big high impedence injectors and plans to buy a set within 2 months that is info I'd like to know.

The rest of the stuff is just entertaining.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the outside looking in it looks like ID is pissed that FIC is selling the same injector for less. It was very nice that ID has all the info about the injectors but that has nothing to do with FIC selling them.

ID, are the injectors your selling a off the shelf Bosch part just like what FIC is selling?
Old 12-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Banned

Black, it think you are on to something. idk i love talking with the guys from FIC. and they seem to know there ****.

idc who came out with them first or who has the numbers first. cheapest price wins.

Procharger the company came out with the F1, and did all the research and number game for there product. now tons of shops sell it for cheaper than procharger.

early i asked if FIC buys fomr ID, and the way it was answered. it sounded like they did. if this is the case. sorry but shut up and take your money. lol. wiether you make all the profit you can or just a little bit. life goes on. FIC have been great every time i need info from them so i will continue to buy from them.

Just my 2 cents
Old 12-13-2010, 11:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by TexVette
I feel these are both legitimate questions. As someone who has been looking for big high impedence injectors and plans to buy a set within 2 months that is info I'd like to know.

The rest of the stuff is just entertaining.
yes we can and we do. We have all the efi live files already done for the ls1 computer so, all you have to do is up load the data. For the ls2 and up we will give you the offsets that you can input. Here are a few shops that have used our large series high z injectors recently. Vengeance, Cartek, Vette Dr, COW, Virginia speed, Hendrick Motorsports, A and A Corvette. Late Model Racecraft, Engineered Victories, Jeremy Formato, Vorteck Engineering, Lingenfelter Engineering, European Performance labs, autospeed Inc. Corvette Connection, Henderson Performance, Slowhawk, Injected Engineering, Speed Inc, Straightline performance, Cunnningham,Modern Muscle, Schwanke Engines. Theres more but the list isoff the top of my head. You can call any of these guys for a reference. Plus we sold over 600 sets of the 1000cc this year alone. You would think somewhere we would have some bad press!!! After-all, according to the competition "we don't know an injector from a shovel"
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
This thread is a fine example of why you should not let a college intern handle your company's online marketing.

Does FIC flow match injectors or are they just a reseller like summit and jegs?
We flow every injector we sell new or rebuilt. We have 2 Flow benches now and match our sets under various pulse widths and pressures. Almost done is our new state of the art injector dyno being built and designed by a team of engineering students from cal poly tech. My ex brother in law is their professor. This Flow bench will simulate actual running conditions, We will be able to upload your tune and simulate how your injectors will flow under normal operating conditions plus simulate boost, fuel pressure drops, voltage drops etc. All data will be logged in real time and can be e mailed to the customer, The monitor is a 36 inch plazma using EFI LIVE software. We will match not only flow characteristics, but also match coil performance in our large series injectors, We do it now but its time consuming.

Quick Reply: Who wants to make some serious horsepower?