Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Who wants to make some serious horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got my injectors today from Jon at FIC, they are really nice, packaged well the flow sheet is attached plus these 5 files plus a ifr worksheet for the conversion to grams per sec. These are the files I have to replace. I am only posting the names of the files as I don't think i should post the data as ID might take it and put it on their website LOL,, I went to the ID site and I do not see anything like these files that could have been taken by FIC from their site. FIC has really taken care of me and so many people recommend them. So being in sales myself, hats off to FIC for turning this thread into a nice marketing tool. IF he cant do this according to ID why would he send me these
here is what i got:
B1203--B4003.xls
B1204--B4005.xls
B1210--B3701.xls
B1214--B4002.xls
B4001--B4001.xls
injectors size worksheet.xls
Old 12-14-2010, 12:06 AM
FormerVendor

]Yo Mike for some reason you think we cant generate data. Why dont you buy a set and check our ls1 tune.. We only sell these for ls based motors, this is our niche. You guys sell these for all kinds of cars and get 225 per injector. I think I will research what it will take to go on a few more forums, Maybe I will employ a few salesmen and offer a nice commission to go after the Honda B and K guys, the mustang guys, hemi guys, mitsubishi, subaru, etc etc etc.. If you think we can't you are quite mistaken.. Just **** me off enough. And furthermore, we know a lot more than you think as I have been in the car game for over 40yrs. You ask above if we can accurate test any injector.. We are an injector shop! thats all we do!! plus we know the accuracy because we use use a Craftsman model 1019 Laboratory Edition Signature Series torque wrench. The kind used by Caltech high energy physicists. And NASA engineers! Plus for a truly great analysis we have a dual-column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard model 5710a with flame analyzing detectors. But its not turbo-charged!

Last edited by LASTLS1; 12-14-2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: You don't have to defend your business with him, he's on vacataion.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Our crew has bought several sets of injectors from the "shovel" guys over the years. LOL

He always answers the phone. He always gives it to me straight and the **** always arrives and works as promised.

Specifically we have used the Siemens 60's, 60's modified to 80's, and low z bosch 160's.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will be calling soon, got to decide on turbo. Want 83lbs injt that can work on a LQ4, and maybe use E85. Going to need EFI Live also.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Tony1
The assumption is that the product is the same.
Can ID prove they are not? Untill then I dont see many people paying the $500 or whatever difference.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by black98ws6ta
Can ID prove they are not? Untill then I dont see many people paying the $500 or whatever difference.
Anybody who takes the time to read the SAE articles on flow-bench design will understand what a real flow-bench must be able to do and will also understand that the data ID produces can not be obtained with a consumer-level flow-bench such as the Asnu (which FIC has admitted to owning on numerous occasions to run their tests). I posted on this a few times in the past and so has Greg Banish but unfortunately what started as good tech discussions turned nasty so they were removed / locked.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 12-16-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hardly the case. There are plenty of places to go to get injectors like FIC offers, I know of more than a few 'injector experts' with an ASNU bench in their garage. Luckily, in this world there are people who want high quality products and understand that they cost more and why, and there are those who want the cheapest price. The assumption is that the product is the same. FIC as in this FIC, FIC as in the other FIC in Florida, Five O Motorsports, etc. The guys who are serious about fuel injection know the difference and demand quality fuel injectors with proper data and matching.

Who knows, maybe we can start a real techinical discussion about fuel injectors and test benches so the average consumer can learn the difference.
Hi Tony,

I would be willing to collaborate with you on a layman’s FAQ dedicated to injector and flow-bench technology. I believe Greg Banish will be willing to contribute as well. I feel that a thread dedicated to technical fact is long overdue. There is simply too much misinformation being put out these days which compromises a customer’s ability to properly select a product and it undermines the efforts of true innovators who invest much in education and equipment to provide a superior product.

There is no point in trying to engage FIC in meaningful technical conversation because it always ends up going nowhere. FIC is content that they put out a quality product based on their level of education and equipment. This thread proves that FIC’s customers feel confident with their purchases. Any attempt challenge FIC will be viewed as a challenge to their customers as well.

This is FIC's ad thread and they should be free to go about their business here on their own.

Jack

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 12-16-2010, 09:05 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

[
Who knows, maybe we can start a real techinical discussion about fuel injectors and test benches so the average consumer can learn the difference. [/QUOTE]

That's a great idea! Because this is not the thread for this discussion.

If your not looking to buy a set of injectors that FIC is selling don't post in here. Anyone else that's considered sponsor bashing will get a instant ban.

Thanks!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Hi Tony,

I would be willing to collaborate with you on a layman’s FAQ dedicated to injector and flow-bench technology. I believe Greg Banish will be willing to contribute as well. I feel that a thread dedicated to technical fact is long overdue. There is simply too much misinformation being put out these days which compromises a customer’s ability to properly select a product and it undermines the efforts of true innovators who invest much in education and equipment to provide a superior product.

There is no point in trying to engage FIC in meaningful technical conversation because it always ends up going nowhere. FIC is content that they put out a quality product based on their level of education and equipment. This thread proves that FIC’s customers feel confident with their purchases. Any attempt challenge FIC will be viewed as a challenge to their customers as well.

This is FIC's ad thread and they should be free to go about their business here on their own.
Jack
Thank you!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Default picture of "our" 1000 high with adapter

thought I would post a picture of "our" 1000 with the top adapter for ls1. As you can see the hat is like no one else. We use a sturdy clip to secure it to the Injector as we found out that the "floating type cap is not good for the splayed injector angles on the new manifolds. Also they do not work great with the fast 102. Also, ours have a built in serviceable filter. There is no filter in the injector so this is important for longevity. Our tip is not drilled as competition states. We have done this on the ls2 ev14 since 05.. please take a look

Last edited by FICINJECTORS; 12-16-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned For Creating Troll Account t1_ID_MIKE

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
There is no filter in the injector so this is important for longevity.

Not saying that an additional filter is a bad idea, but there actually IS a filter in the EV14 injectors..
Old 12-16-2010, 01:23 PM
FormerVendor

Not saying that an additional filter is a bad idea, but there actually IS a filter in the EV14 injectors..
there is filter down inside that is not serviceable without sending the injector out to be cleaned. You can do this yourself on a regular interval
Old 12-16-2010, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

I have LS2 83# injectors from you guys and I still don't have injector data..anyway to get it? It might be why they are so hard to tune...
Old 12-16-2010, 07:38 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Snyper
I have LS2 83# injectors from you guys and I still don't have injector data..anyway to get it? It might be why they are so hard to tune...
pm sent with data
Old 12-19-2010, 04:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to inject my experience with FIC.

I have been dealing with them for over two years now. In the last 6 months I have purchased over 112 of these injectors from them. Not to mention the 500# injectors I have purchased during this same time frame. I have also spent long hours with FIC working on some pretty wild custom stuff. I have bought over 48 custom built fuel rails that FIC built for my projects, not to mention all the rest of the fuel sytem parts.

Speaking of custom built injectors, the fact is there are few people that make custom injectors. Most injectors you get are built by Bosh, VDO (Siemens), and they just put thier sticker on them. Fast, Ford, and Accell do not make injectors, they buy them and stick their names on them. If the need is there FIC does have the ability to make custom injectors. They are working with engineers right now to develope a 1000+ lbs per hour injector for me.

My personal experience with FIC has been excellent and I can speek nothing but possitive things about thier quality of work, thier knowledge, and their engineering abilities. There is no doubt in my mind they are the BEST injector supplier to do buisness with. They do go above and beyond for their customers. This was my experience when I bought my first 8 injectors from them over two years ago, and it is still the same profesional experience I have with them today. They had no idea back then I would end up buying as many injectors as I do from them. They had no idea I would be requiring them to develope injectors that will flow over 1000# per hour for me. The way they treated me back then, thier knowledge of thier products back then, is the reason I buy so many injectors from them today. They treat every order and every custom with the same profesionalism they treat me and my orders.

Thanks FIC.

Scott
Old 12-20-2010, 01:27 PM
FormerVendor

Default another new product 120lb high impedance lsz injectors

We now have available a 120lb rated at 43.5psi fuel injector thats a drop in for all ls engines. THATS 144lb at ls pressure. These are NOT drilled. These are Genuine Bosch injectors. There are three versions available ls1 config. ls2, and ls3,7,9 These are e 85 compatible and are not CNG injectors that are converted. All tuning data is included for ls1. LS2,3,7 work great with just a IFR change. IFR Multiplier data for the e38 and 40 are also supplied. The sets are flow matched, Pricing is $1080.00 a set. NO NEED FOR ANY DRIVER BOX> USE WITH STOCK COMPUTERS!!
ls1 version

ls2 version

ls3,7,9 version

these are NOT on our website yet. please pm or call to order
Old 12-20-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey John, is that your new shovel?

Nice, I can see some real potential with these.

Quick Reply: Who wants to make some serious horsepower?