Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Concerns

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
DONT FK THIS POST UP WITH USLESS BS.....
this thread title says STS concerns, i think it is relevant that we discuss it and compare it to a FM set up
Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, but I think for what I want, the STS will suite my needs.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you'll be fine Jen, something tells me you talked to that guy who actually knows what he's talking about
Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
Originally Posted by Camaro Chris
WOW this guy you only ran a 10.38 with 813hp Good for you that's awesome. I ran a 10.23 on ms4 cam and 150 shot.
Ok first off my car is far from a drag car..... I still had the stock rearend in it . I also ran that on street tires, Dont assume the car cant do better. Plus I did that run on the 14 psi setting. Befor you go posting **** pm me for the facts or ask about the facts. Sure there are cars faster than me so what, Its my car and I built it the way I wanted it. Im not butt hurt about what is said I dont really care but if you think ur car is faster than mine lets race I will travel and bring slicks. On a last note in a early thread you said sts equal fail, so why in the hell would u install one for a customer?????? Bra you need this thread

Last note Im not making excuses either those are the facts of when I ran my car and it was the second time I drag it on the newer set up.
Read my post again i said sts=fail for drag racing its great for canyon or track cars. If a customer asked for a Rm on a canyon car great
Old 02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=elias_799;12830562]this thread title says STS concerns, i think it is relevant that we discuss it and compare it to a FM set up[/QUOTE

Im talking in referance to the other comment u posted. You have good info reguarding a sts but the personal knock is not needed
Old 02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Read my post again i said sts=fail for drag racing its great for canyon or track cars. If a customer asked for a Rm on a canyon car great

Its not a fail in drag racing either lmfao! lmr rearmount 9's zombie 10's If he can everhook up he will run nines also, and a number of others. A stall turbo anything with alot off boost of the line will run good. A six speed car well that is another story,2 step and so on.

To the OP do what u want its alot of info out there to help u out with issues and so on.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

Well guys...to mix everything up and to throw it at you....there is nothing wrong with being different....799...we built this system from the ground up...all of our R&R since no one has EVER RM a Grand Prix GXP...this is a 325ci 5.3L V8 (LS4) FWD!! I have a T4 70mm with a A/R of .90! Single downpipe exhaust set up due to FWD...but I have NOOOO problems spooling....Not saying that your points are not valid...but really...not all apply to the spectrum....we took STS and put them in our back pocket by buying their solutions and using our parts and design...they dont have a "kit" for the GXP Grand Prix...so we piched it to them and now we are officially the worlds first RM Grand Prix GXP...so you could just mix it up...but I guess we just got lucky due to them not having a kit for this car...there was just no market...but they made their money on us though...their tech support was great to us!! Chris is very helpful...but to him his own...
just thought i would poke my head out...i can brake these theories all day long! WE THOUGHT THE SAME THING!! Its not all about the LS1,2,3,6,7and 9 now...dont forget 4!!

P.S. this is the DD for me! and with the new tranny going in on March 12th...getting a solid PI dual stall will pep it right up....and you can always wrap to help that spool guys...but each build and set up is different...we didnt need the wrap at this point...
And the 12second is from the N2O before we hit the turbo...havent got a track time on turbo just yet....

Last edited by Rossko85; 02-01-2010 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rossko85
Well guys...to mix everything up and to throw it at you....there is nothing wrong with being different....799...we built this system from the ground up...all of our R&R since no one has EVER RM a Grand Prix GXP...this is a 325ci 5.3L V8 (LS4) FWD!! I have a T4 70mm with a A/R of .90! Single downpipe exhaust set up due to FWD...but I have NOOOO problems spooling....Not saying that your points are not valid...but really...not all apply to the spectrum....we took STS and put them in our back pocket by buying their solutions and using our parts and design...they dont have a "kit" for the GXP Grand Prix...so we piched it to them and now we are officially the worlds first RM Grand Prix GXP...so you could just mix it up...but I guess we just got lucky due to them not having a kit for this car...there was just no market...but they made their money on us though...their tech support was great to us!! Chris is very helpful...but to him his own...
just thought i would poke my head out...i can brake these theories all day long! WE THOUGHT THE SAME THING!! Its not all about the LS1,2,3,6,7and 9 now...dont forget 4!!

P.S. this is the DD for me! and with the new tranny going in on March 12th...getting a solid PI dual stall will pep it right up....and you can always wrap to help that spool guys...but each build and set up is different...we didnt need the wrap at this point...
And the 12second is from the N2O before we hit the turbo...havent got a track time on turbo just yet....
More pics or BAN
Old 02-01-2010, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

Talking With pleasure...

WOW...really? ban for not having pics right away....LOL...no sweat...we have been on this thing since last March LOL...is it so hard to believe that people do other things with cars or what?...i like to think its because your excited to see something new right away... LOL...but here are some...and why dont you check out my post on the LS4 front dives section...there is plenty there....

this is a link to my photo bucket...i have a build thread started from last year that i am going to be bumping again once we get fired back up for spring...

thanks for the support guys....I really would expect a lil more professional and welcome behavior....but no hard feelings LOL...there are some N2O pics as well in the mix...we arent running the N2O right now...was on a 100shot with the FJO...we're getting things done over here in INDY...LOL

P.S. There is no more wire loom!! LOL...i got a lot of razzing over that crap from my LSx counter parts in the Indy region when we would cruise and meet...LOL

Old 02-02-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Not ban for real lol! hell yeah thats a sweeet ride post a vid once you get it running.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

you have to remember now, elias has never actually owned or probably has never worked on a rear mount turbo and he is from canada so them front mounts act as another heater in them cold winter months
Old 02-02-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rossko85
WOW...really? ban for not having pics right away....LOL...no sweat...we have been on this thing since last March LOL...is it so hard to believe that people do other things with cars or what?...i like to think its because your excited to see something new right away... LOL...but here are some...and why dont you check out my post on the LS4 front dives section...there is plenty there....

this is a link to my photo bucket...i have a build thread started from last year that i am going to be bumping again once we get fired back up for spring...

thanks for the support guys....I really would expect a lil more professional and welcome behavior....but no hard feelings LOL...there are some N2O pics as well in the mix...we arent running the N2O right now...was on a 100shot with the FJO...we're getting things done over here in INDY...LOL

P.S. There is no more wire loom!! LOL...i got a lot of razzing over that crap from my LSx counter parts in the Indy region when we would cruise and meet...LOL

LOLZZZZ!! No MORE LOOM ROKKO!! lol. nice build thought, fo sho! id like to see it in person some time, cough cough, lol
Old 02-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hawk584
you have to remember now, elias has never actually owned or probably has never worked on a rear mount turbo and he is from canada so them front mounts act as another heater in them cold winter months
Most of the people who talk **** have no clue about them. Just are mad that there is an easier route than the front mount option they chose. I agree with your post
Old 02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

I don't have to own one to know that it will make me unhappy. And you say we don't know about them. Ask me a question, And i'll tell you the answer, and why a front mount is better. I'm willing to bet elias_799 could do the same.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have to own one to know that it will make me unhappy.
wow, closed-minded mentalities like that makes me laugh...
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Addict

wow, closed-minded mentalities like that makes me laugh...
The key word "ME" Happy Thats cool to each his own or her lol!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Launching!

I don't have to own one to know that it will make me unhappy. And you say we don't know about them. Ask me a question, And i'll tell you the answer, and why a front mount is better. I'm willing to bet elias_799 could do the same.
Wow, so i am assuming you know just about everything? I really wish you guys lived closer to get your ***'s handed to you by a rear mount. Your quote just makes you look like a jack ***.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

i do not need to own a rear mount system to understand how flawed it is.

why do we all not eat **** just to try what it tastes like ? we all somehow know that it won't taste good, but not too many of us actually tried eating it.

all you have to do is pay attention to your teacher in grade 4 when she was talking about how hot air expands, but i guess you have missed that part.

i have given you guy's hard facts, on the downside's of a rear mount turbo all you have said in response is that i am a Canadian who uses his turbo as a heater. you probably forgot that most normal people do not drive high power rear wheel drive car's in the winter.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

ok ok, we get it. this is getting stupid. its all in what someone wants to do.

Hell, I would have gone d1sc & 14psi by now and built a 383 if i had gone by others & recommendations....but I'm heading in the direction I want with the setup I already have.

If you don't do what you love or envision, you end up hating where you are.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chase3
Wow, so i am assuming you know just about everything? I really wish you guys lived closer to get your ***'s handed to you by a rear mount. Your quote just makes you look like a jack ***.

yea there are some rear mounts making big power, and i never said they would not. but you take the same turbo and place it as close to the heat source as possible, with the least amount of piping for hot side and inter cooler. and the car will make more power and will make it sooner.

i have seen drift cars mount the inter cooler far back in the bumper to save a couple of feet of piping to maximize response.

Quick Reply: STS Concerns