Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger bracket question...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Procharger bracket question...

What would stop you from using a Corvette procharger bracket in a 4th Gen Camaro?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing if you run corvette accessories.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1x2
Nothing if you run corvette accessories.
Doh...true.

So then it would just be a matter of matching the spacing on the bracket to the spacing on the Fbody accesories right?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:36 PM
12 Second Club

Is there enough room up top to fit? I dont think there is.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Avengeance
Is there enough room up top to fit? I dont think there is.
From all the pictures I have seen, on the Corvette, the Procharger appears to sit no higher than the top of the intake.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
From all the pictures I have seen, on the Corvette, the Procharger appears to sit no higher than the top of the intake.
I was thinking more like room forward... not upwards. I dont think there is enough room between the block and the radiator.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Avengeance
I was thinking more like room forward... not upwards. I dont think there is enough room between the block and the radiator.
Hmm, didn't think of that.

http://www.pm-fl.com/catalog/images/...procharger.jpg

I'll have to measure and find out. I know I can modify the radiator support to stand the radiator more upright for more room.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:03 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've often thought of trying the Corvette bracket, and converting an f body over to the Corvette accessories. Cartec's flip drive would work well for making a lot of boost without belt slippage. We used the flip drive on this '08 Z06. http://www.eppautomotiveperformance....Car.php?car=51

We initially had the belt too tight after we installed the flip drive, and when we let off the gas on the dyno the belt broke! We've never seen that happen before with a serpentine belt, they normally slip first. That shows just how well the flip drive works. Bob
Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EPP Automotive Performance
I've often thought of trying the Corvette bracket, and converting an f body over to the Corvette accessories. Cartec's flip drive would work well for making a lot of boost without belt slippage. We used the flip drive on this '08 Z06. http://www.eppautomotiveperformance....Car.php?car=51

We initially had the belt too tight after we installed the flip drive, and when we let off the gas on the dyno the belt broke! We've never seen that happen before with a serpentine belt, they normally slip first. That shows just how well the flip drive works. Bob
So with the flip drive you still need the stock Corvette bracket correct?
How much is the flip drive kit?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:36 PM
11 Second Club

I'd just look at getting either the aster bracket or the SDCE bracket.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
I'd just look at getting either the aster bracket or the SDCE bracket.
It really wasn't a belt slippage issue, I just want to mount the unit on top where it's visible.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Cops out here wouldnt like that so much lol....all they could tell on my car was the headders
Old 03-04-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Cops out here wouldnt like that so much lol....all they could tell on my car was the headders
Yeah, but they don't know the difference between a 50 state legal P1SC kit and a top mounted D1SC...
Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

No but the referee will when you get a modified emissions ticket like this guy lol
Old 03-05-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

i went with the Corvette Procharger setup, and used the vette acces dr on my Chevelle-i used an F body 90 deg intake(had to cut off the tubes on it)-i may make a diff intake setup later, pref. a 4" inlet tube side, as on the dyno i went 580 with the 90 deg and large air cleaner, 617 with all of it rem
wanted to just rem the air cleaner and try it, but was running out of dyno time, so pulled the whole thing off
my converter was killing me on the dyno, pretty much was starting pulls around 5k
if i go to a track rental, i'll pull the intake tubes, use a piece of sewer pipe rubber, and large screen in its place
does the flip dr space out the Procharger? i use 1 belt, 8 rib, ATI lower balancer
by the way, i used upper/lower F body radiator hoses, at the upper pump nipple i just cut off the last piece of hose, which was larger than the vette nipple
Attached Thumbnails Procharger bracket question...-sc.jpg  
Old 03-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

Does anybody know what the measurments are from the Radiator to the Head on a camaro (egr removed)? My motor is out of my car and can't measure it at the moment. It would be nice to run a D1 up top!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

So with the flip drive you still need the stock Corvette bracket correct?
How much is the flip drive kit?
Yes, you still use the Corvette bracket with the Flip Drive. We used the Flip Drive on this 954 rwhp Z06 we built. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=51

So, you upgraded your Corvette with a supercharger because you want to go fast. Really fast! But to go really fast, you need consistency and reliability and that’s not what you get from your standard supercharger setup!

Why? Because the Corvette’s serpentine belt system was not designed to handle the high loads of a supercharger. It is a problem that has haunted Corvette owners since the inception of supercharging.

It causes:
• Excessive wear & tear on your other engine accessories to the point of failure
• A high risk of belt slippage and shortened belt life

So you are faced with high maintenance costs, constant downtime, and never realizing the full potential of the supercharger. But worst of all, you are deprived of reaching your goal to go faster and truly enjoying your car.

But finally, there is a solution! For the C5 and C6 Corvette, “The Flip Drive”, by Hormilla Performance Engineering, will solve all the problems that have plagued previous supercharger systems. It’s easy to install, inexpensive, and highly upgradeable!

The patent-pending design of “The Flip Drive” redistributes power to key engine accessories, alleviating the tremendous strain your supercharger poses on your belt system. Through the flip drive you create a more direct line of power transmission between the crank and the supercharger head unit. The Accessories are now spun by the rear plane of power that was once before used solely by the AC compressor.

To sum it up the benefits are:
• Raising the boost/power level ceiling for when belt slip occurs for a given belt width
(ex: 6 rib, 8 rib, etc)
• Cog drive becomes a viable option
• Reduced stress on accessories due to high belt tensions from the supercharger
• Higher belt wrap on crank pulley for increased traction which reduces belt slippage
• Lower cost of blower belts due to shorter lengths and longer belt replacement intervals
• When switching to a different belt type (ex: 6 rib, 8 rib, cog, etc) there is no need
for custom/expensive pulleys for the accessories, just the crank and supercharger
require new pulleys when switching belt types.
• The HPE Flip Drive works equally well on most available supercharger setups from
several different vendors.

Some have tried to improve the rigidity of their serpentine belt system for supercharging by adding bracing to many of the weak areas, but why go through the hassle and the expense when there is a better and simpler way. Get yourself the HPE Flip Drive and rid yourself of the many problems that so many have endured over the years.

Kit includes:
• Flip Drive Assembly
• Alternator Tensioning System
• 4 rib belt (AC Drive)
• 6 rib belt (Accessorie Drive)

Pricing: $995.00

* NOTE: Some C5 Corvettes may require a different power steering line that we can supply at an additional cost. Call for details.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sherm6998
Does anybody know what the measurments are from the Radiator to the Head on a camaro (egr removed)? My motor is out of my car and can't measure it at the moment. It would be nice to run a D1 up top!
I just went out and got a measurement on a customer's Camaro, I came up with 11.00" Bob
Old 03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by EPP Automotive Performance
I just went out and got a measurement on a customer's Camaro, I came up with 11.00" Bob
You could also use a different radiator support (which you were probably going to do anyway) and make the radiator sit straighter which would give a little more clearance.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

What would stop you from using a Corvette procharger bracket in a 4th Gen Camaro?
sorry to bring up an old thread. i was wondering if you tried it yet...and if it worked? seems like a good idea to help with the belt slip. i've seen vette guys runs f1R head units with no problems...so it must be a good setup

Quick Reply: Procharger bracket question...