Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ROUND 4, LQ4 TC78 Front Mount GTO

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would check the converter bolts, after i installed a new trans i put washers behind the bolts and they would ever slow slightly hit enough when i found the problem and removed them it was only hitting enough that it took the little marks that show the rating of the bolt off. made almost the same noise. should be an easy check.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

could get the car off the ground and fire it up to listen, I though my motor was going because of a noise last year and did that, turns out it was coming from the tranny. not long later I fragged it pretty bad.

ps, I thought you were tearing it apart to go with the rx7?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

could get the car off the ground and fire it up to listen, I though my motor was going because of a noise last year and did that, turns out it was coming from the tranny. not long later I fragged it pretty bad.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen

I decided that for the time being, while was working the RX7 and getting the drivetrain and the rest of the car figured out and completed, id leave the Goat alone.

Gotta have something that is quick Now that ive found the leak and fixed it, i really wanna drive it, lol.

Either way, ill snag up a couple more jack stands and get the goat up in the air and see what going on with the converter bolts and flex plate bolts.

Quick Reply: ROUND 4, LQ4 TC78 Front Mount GTO