Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ROUND 4, LQ4 TC78 Front Mount GTO

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011 | 02:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Got a New box waiting on me to get home Of course my son had to get his little hands in their first little animal,

Everything under my hood is black, except the aeromotive Regulator but oh well, Lots of shiny stuff now

Of course, i asked the wife it they are pretty, and she said, "Yes dear, the sexiest damn rails ive ever seen, Being that these are my first..." Gotta love her

Old 03-02-2011 | 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Got them on, and i must say, 180 bucks well spent with Summit, easily the most beautiful rails out there and bolt in perfectly with the supplied hardware. Two allen wrenches is all thats needed for these rails, very nice piece, some of the fitting i got were wrong, so i have to go exchange them before i can finish up, but the cross over is started and drilled my holes for the regulator, which will mount on the driver side wheel well.

Quick Pic of the bare rails installed.

Got the cold side 100% complete and ready to roll, cut down to size on the driver side and tucked nicely against the frame rail.

Thinking something like this for street driving, just have to find a way to hold it tight to the compressor, it sticks out a bit on the bottom. even looks decent. Dont care for the chrome basket, but function over form at this point, on this aspect.

Old 03-02-2011 | 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

rails look great man

Last edited by Rossko85; 03-02-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2011 | 07:14 PM
TECH Veteran

I am tuning on the dyno with no filter and Cutout open, on dyno only. Filter on street.
Old 03-03-2011 | 11:22 AM
TECH Regular

Keep us posted on the numbers.
Old 03-04-2011 | 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

you going to put a hat on it? if not you might just leave the filter on depending on how well it flows
Old 03-04-2011 | 09:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Blownz28man
Keep us posted on the numbers.
Will do man!

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
you going to put a hat on it? if not you might just leave the filter on depending on how well it flows
im gonna try this situation out, if it becomes and issue, i will be looking at other routes.

Really wish i would've considered this when placing the turbo. I thought that id have enough room, but ignorance prevailed again, lol

EDIT: i wonder what kind of profile the pro charger inlet hat has on it??

Last edited by JAX04; 03-04-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-07-2011 | 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Fuel system is ran, Twin walbros intank with a hacked bucket, ive had a hacked bucket for a year now and havent had any trouble. Ive kept the fuel level reasonable and when low, no hard launches or corners.

I went as far as threading the Regulator set screw quite a ways down to increase the pressure.

Ran the secondary walbro for awhile a good friend was under the hood checking all the connections and i was looking at the top of the tank fittings. Only 1 LEAK, it was the -8 line running off the second fuel rail into the regulator. Quick tighten up with a wrench and no more leak. She is all but buttoned up guys. Just a few more little odds and ends things and some house cleaning.

I got some drag bags to install, only to help with squatting, i havent had any issues with tire rub with the 275 drs, but this is just a precautionary measure, so i will install those before the car hits the ground for what will hopefully be the last time for awhile.

The blue conduit in the upper left hand corner is what encases the Fuel line all the way. Down through the trunk and up through the engine bay. Its tucked behind the heat shield under the passenger floor board and wrapped with heat reflective tape before that so that anything hot (exhaust) will hopefully be reflected.

I am not happy with the line going to and coming from the regulator. I WILL get some longer ones to run them more cleanly and tuck them away. Along with the vacuum line mess in the back. I want this to look nice, period. I hope im getting there.

couple pics, they look close to the other ones. But what the hell right.

Old 03-12-2011 | 06:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Well after a long *** night last night trying to figure out why i couldnt grab fuel pressure on my brand new walbro, we were up until about 12:30 working on it. With the help of my Good Friend Ross (Rossko85) and another good friend we got her figured out.

It seems that the walbro was either air locked or something, but after dumping some fuel in a bucket and removing the sock, i bench tested it and it took it a second, but once it grabbed fuel, it was off to the races. Works like a charm now. Currently running dual walbros, the second one is on a hobbs switch.

Did all that, added an inline filler neck for the coolant to make it easier to bleed. Buttoned up the front end, stuffed some insulation into the top of the radiator to keep the shroud and fan from pulling air over the top, i put the bumper back on, etc. Here she is.

I drove her around the block about 5 times to make sure it would stay running, check for leaks, etc. Its running pig rich at the moment, stupid winter blend E85 (E-75) here. Im hoping to rent the local dyno, in another week or two, its a loaded dynojet, so my tuner and i can tune his car and mine and get this thing road worthy by the 20th.

Quick video.

Old 03-12-2011 | 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey kyle, that gto looks bad ***!!! I really like the blacked out wheels and of course it sounds nice too..... Great job man
Old 03-13-2011 | 02:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks Tracy! Its not Vette, but itll do, lol. I cannot wait until im tuned!
Old 03-13-2011 | 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

how strong is that filter. I have heard stories of those collapsing
Old 03-13-2011 | 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987
how strong is that filter. I have heard stories of those collapsing
Im pretty sure this one wont, i made it i went and got some gutter grate from the local hardware story and started cutting and putting pieces together, the holes in the grate are pretty large, so im not worried about a restriction other then over size of the filter. But it wont collapse, its solid all the way around.

i dont think its too much a restriction anyway, just wrapping the throttle it wants to go, on my drive around the block no sooner do i tap the gas pedal, its starting to spool. if it does work out to be a bad idea, then ill likley give the Fbody, procharger inlet hat a try.

i wanted to try one originally but couldnt find anyone local with an Fbody with a procharger, so its not a last case idea. But thanks for the heads up, ill be sure to keep a watch when we are wrapping away on her on the dyno
Old 03-13-2011 | 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

I helped a friend of mine build a turbo kit for his Fox Body with an LQ4 with a 76mm turbo and it put down 790whp through a turbo350. He has a 44mm wastegate. Where you have the pipe going in is good but why not come out with a straight pc and than have a straight dump pipe. Also would be good to have it be flush on inside. If water neck gets in the way just mod it so it heads towards the front more.
Old 03-13-2011 | 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

looking at this makes me want to turbo my goat.
Old 03-14-2011 | 06:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SupraNatural
I helped a friend of mine build a turbo kit for his Fox Body with an LQ4 with a 76mm turbo and it put down 790whp through a turbo350. He has a 44mm wastegate. Where you have the pipe going in is good but why not come out with a straight pc and than have a straight dump pipe. Also would be good to have it be flush on inside. If water neck gets in the way just mod it so it heads towards the front more.
No Offense man, but i have ZERO clue what you are talking about. sorry.

Originally Posted by eviltwin_1987
looking at this makes me want to turbo my goat.
Do it man, I can tell you one thing, if i knew then what i know now, id still have A/C If you are thinking of doing something similar, do a corvette C6 manifold on the passenger side, you'll be able to keep your A/C if you go that route.
Old 03-14-2011 | 07:31 AM
Launching!
15 Year Member

Glad to hear you are up and running. Always feels good when you turn the key and hear it run for the first time after a build.
Old 03-15-2011 | 08:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by camarof41_383
Glad to hear you are up and running. Always feels good when you turn the key and hear it run for the first time after a build.
****, thanks bro! Im excited to see your camaro tearing up danville! how is it going??? I hope its all together and ready for IRP/ORP/LOR or whatever the hell it is now. It always be IRP to me.

Anyways, after going to the lisence branch tonight to renew the registration on the goat since it expired on the 7th, no ****, still got charged the late fee!

Oh well, i came back home and jumped in the goat to take it down to the parts store where the people have been dealing with my BS for 7 months now, lol. On the way i just couldnt resist the urge to ease into the throttle some while in second gear, WOW,

I eased into it, i mean eased into it, no sooner did my little snail talking did my rear end proceed to try to pass me, This is gonna be one fun street car when its tuned properly. Its pig rich right now with the the winter blend E85 (e75) running on the summer tune.

still feels gobbs stronger then the rearmount ls1. Cannot wait.
Old 03-15-2011 | 10:27 PM
TECH Regular

I'm sorry I'm sure this has been asked a million times.. Why'd you get rid of the rearmount? Kinda considering one just so I can keep A/C. I love your build
Old 03-16-2011 | 03:54 AM
On The Tree

how much boost you going to run?

Quick Reply: ROUND 4, LQ4 TC78 Front Mount GTO