Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Finally going front mount!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Finally going front mount!

GOING FRONT MOUNT!!!! Actually they will be low mounted by the foot panel just like in the thread below on LS1. I removed the sheetmetal on the drivers side (foot panel area) and there should be plenty of room for the 6765's.

Inspiration from - https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...-76-build.html

Hope to be done in a couple weeks, i'll update with progress pics. I had fun the past year with the rear mounted twins but it is time for bigger and better! Thanks for the great idea dustin/josh!!

Please no bashing my welding...! Me and the mig are getting to know each other pretty well lately...... ha ha

This is what is behind the footwell sheet metal once it is removed. Quit a bit of room.

I reinforced the frame with some steel plate. I plan on adding some plate/partial loop under the frame to strengthen it further.

Last edited by TracyRR; 03-14-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

More pics....

Just about done on the drivers side..... Just waiting on the v-bands for the manifolds. I'm going with 2.25" down pipes to my spool valves.

Going 3.5" on the exhaust for as long as i can.... if i can't fab 3.5" over the rear cradle, i'll step it down to 3" out the back. Went with 2" on the charge pipes.

More pics tomorrow.....Today was my first full day on this project and i should get a bunch done tomorrow as well. Thanks guys! tracy
Old 03-13-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That not bad looking. That frame notch is a little scary to me, but maybe because i dont know the strength of whats left. Looks like it should work just fine. what rpm do you think youll make boost with that spool vale?
Old 03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

HOLY ****! And your keeping the spool valves, That thing is going to be ridiculous man! LOVE IT!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:36 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice!!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
9 Second Club

Looks great! Can't wait to see your results.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nodrok
That not bad looking. That frame notch is a little scary to me, but maybe because i dont know the strength of whats left. Looks like it should work just fine. what rpm do you think youll make boost with that spool vale?
I'm not finished bulding the frame. I was going to do plate on the bottom but may go with some square tube and plate.... still thinking. It should start making boost around 2500rpm or better with the spool valves. I'll update soon. Thanks

Originally Posted by JAX04
HOLY ****! And your keeping the spool valves, That thing is going to be ridiculous man! LOVE IT!
Thanks kyle

Originally Posted by ChevyChad
Very nice!!
Thanks

Originally Posted by Boosted One
Looks great! Can't wait to see your results.
Thanks, i hope to be done by next weekend or so.

I got a bunch done in two days! The second turbo is hanging, just mapping out the hot/cold/exhaust pipes and then lay it out. The worst part of this job is cutting out the metal..... be-och!! Thanks for the props guys
Old 03-14-2011, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Nice fit. Keep going. This will be an amazing street car.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:42 AM
9 Second Club

I cant' wait to see how it runs. I just upgraded my 6265s to the 6765's also. We are going to have very similar setups. What are you runing for a cam?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdbreaux
Nice fit. Keep going. This will be an amazing street car.
Thanks michael! Let me know when you hit the track with yours.... looking forward to seeing your two 76mm's under high boost!!!

Originally Posted by Boosted One
I cant' wait to see how it runs. I just upgraded my 6265s to the 6765's also. We are going to have very similar setups. What are you runing for a cam?
hey boosted, the jump from my previous 6262's setup was larger than i was expecting but of course that was on a rear mount. With a front mount like yours, it will be a blast to crank those things up!! My camshaft is very small.... 218/230 570/575 on a 116. If mine doesnt make big power, i'll look to upgrade to a larger custom cam. p.s....i'm keeping up with your build thread, looking great.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking great Tracy!!!
Keep us posted..
Old 03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Looking great Tracy!!!
Keep us posted..
Thanks sam.... more pics in a couple days. It is coming along nicely and i hope to be finished by this weekend.

On a side note, i just bought efilive.... Does anyone share tunes?.... i'm just looking to refine/improve mine if possible. Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

nice build , good luck , and keep us posted
Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my man , way to hit it with the welder . more dudes with vettes need to have your stones.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TracyRR
Thanks sam.... more pics in a couple days. It is coming along nicely and i hope to be finished by this weekend.

On a side note, i just bought efilive.... Does anyone share tunes?.... i'm just looking to refine/improve mine if possible. Thanks
Send me some screen shots of your timing table.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sultan hamdi
nice build , good luck , and keep us posted
Will do.... Thanks sultan!

Originally Posted by robbyredneck
my man , way to hit it with the welder . more dudes with vettes need to have your stones.
Ha ha.....I ain't skeeerrrrd

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
Thanks phil. I still have not taken efi out of the box but as soon as i start playing with it, i'll shoot you the table. Thanks!

Got some more work done last night. Welded the v-bands on the manifolds and started running the pass side exhaust.... Waiting on v-bands to run exhaust over the axle but should be running this weekend with that exception. I'll update with pics when i have something interesting to show. Thanks guys!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
This right here is why LS1tech is amazing.

Tracy, Cant wait to see the finished product! im sure this thing will surprise you with moving things upfront. Im not even tuned yet, and its a completely different animal, save for 20 more CI as well, lol
Old 03-18-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAX04
This right here is why LS1tech is amazing.
Tracy, Cant wait to see the finished product! im sure this thing will surprise you with moving things upfront. Im not even tuned yet, and its a completely different animal, save for 20 more CI as well, lol
You're not kidding....It is guru's like phil that make this site the best freaking LS tech site on the planet!!

I can't wait! I have not driven my car for a week and i'm already going through withdrawls..... Thankfully this was a fairly quick project. The first and only time i've ridden in a front mount car it was a buick V6.... ha ha.... The spool valves might be overkill for spool but i'll just remove them and make a new up-pipe if they don't work well.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just about done.... i had to kill the spool valve plan, there was just not enough room to run them. I'm going to try the 1.0 divided exh housings but if they prove to be too large, i'll step down to a smaller open style housing. I ended up welding 2.5" v-band flanges to the manifolds because that is what fit the best on the manifold outlet but immediately stepped the hot side down to 2.25" (only about six inches in total length) to the turbo. I was able to barely fit my 38mm tial wastegates close to the hot side, maybe only four inches away and i have the wastegate inlet positioned to flow well. I kept my self contained oiling system and all braided lines have been run. I had to relocate the computer to make room for my huge air filters.... I think they are about a foot long! They are located near the side vent opening inside the front fenders. Just about every square inch of this freaking corvette is filled with something.... Very tight.... I finally received my 3.5" v-bands to finish the exhaust over the axle so that should be it.... I'll take some pics of the finished product this weekend and maybe a video also. Thanks
Old 03-25-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Hells yeah Tracy! Sounds like your getting really close!

Are your turbos t4 or t3?