Got new ERL 427 engine home today!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...tall-99tt.html

Lots of pics there!
Would be happy to meet up with you BigBadWhitey and go for some cruises.
My 99 TT is wintering in Regina currently ,did kick around selling it and had it for sale a few times but didn't get my happy price which was 40k.And that was before the 427 install. Not sure want to sell it anymore.So likely either fly back and pick it up in may/june or have buddies from Regina drive it out to me. Not going to ship it out had bad luck with shipping cars in past.
I still am into taking it for dyno not sure where somewhere with dynojet maybe Edmonton or Calgary or Vancouver not sure Kelowna has chassis dynojet?
I would also like to run it thru a few 1/8 mile runs at Thunder Mountain guess it isn't closing down or some quartermile runs at Mission or that other closer 1/4 mile track about 2 hours out from Kelowna.
Also the 408 was recently sold to guy back in Regina. If do sell the 99 TT off then will buy a viper right away ,if don't sell it not big deal get viper in year or so. My new plan is to build a stable of stock or very very near stock cars.Z06 was first car in that stable,viper will be second. Maybe am getting a bit too old for this modded stuff especially crazy nuts modded stuff. The 99TT is a real beast of a car. But I do love the sound of the turbos,blow offs, all that FI stuff. So even if do get rid of the 99 a nice porsche 911 twin turbo awd will be in my future as well. And still have few talon turbos including race talon that hopefully can track at Thunder or few other ones this year as well.

Also down on Gordon not far from OKM where kids go to school see two nice f bodies a black lt1 and yellow third gen. Maybe you know that guy? Another year or two going to be buying my son a car and likely be an f body. My first car when was 1977 bandit TA.
Being a university student makes me unable to afford anything close to a single vehicle you have listed.
Not too sure about the black lt1 or yellow third gen vehicles, but around here most of the fbodys are fairly stock. There is green head/cam lt1 camaro, silver cam only lt1, a few bolt on ls1's.
Everyone and there dog out here owns a corvette.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
Being a university student makes me unable to afford anything close to a single vehicle you have listed.
Not too sure about the black lt1 or yellow third gen vehicles, but around here most of the fbodys are fairly stock. There is green head/cam lt1 camaro, silver cam only lt1, a few bolt on ls1's.
Everyone and there dog out here owns a corvette.
In the Canada section and few of my posts there several guys with FI fourth gens in Kelowna it sounds like. My handymans son in law has supercharged fifth gen but think he is selling it.

I never had a corvette until my recent 08 z06 but have to say they are incredible cars, braking,handling ,power and weight right out of the box, big torque with the 427 /7.0 litre engine,better quality interior,exterior,etc over the fourth gens as well course they were a lot more money. Seeing quite a few coupes and verts c5 for sure ,older ones quite a few and some c6 coupes and verts but haven't seen as many z06 or zr1s around but for sure there are some here.
May join corvette club not sure there is an f body club in Kelowna?

Like said probably be in market for a third or fourth gen for my son in year or so he is turning 16 this september but might wait a year or so before getting him a car. And likely be a slower third gen or even maybe v6 fourth gen until he gets some experience and proves he can drive smart and not get too many tickets or accidents.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Veteran

And WS6sleeper no big trick to be able to afford these toys. Am old guy with paid off house,income from farm,real estate etc. And even I can't afford every car that want for stable right away have to wait a few years for some , 458 Italia is on my dream list and possibly Ford gt40 as well. Not a ford fan but that gt40 is so gorgeous but even used they are way up there in price. You can get great deals on few year old vettes,vipers ,porsche twin turbos. Also wouldn't mind a few classic old muscle cars like buick grand national,
big block chevelle and SD 455 trans am. The first two can be had for not to much money the last ones can be very pricey. In the newer less exotic stable wish list could maybe add in zl1 camaro, new challenger and maybe gt500. All nice modern muscle cars.
But being half Italian really would like to own a Ferrari once in my life.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY 99 HOW DID THE Coatings turn out? I am ready to do same

I too got burned by suzie deluca after dave croaked she built me a 8000 bomb "bitch"
Old 02-02-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Veteran

the coatings turned out great should have some pics of them on that other thread.

Quick Reply: Got new ERL 427 engine home today!