Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My BUDGET single front mount build thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Yes. I was stationed on Camp Pendleton
Hello there fellow brother!!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by willizm
Obvious troll is being obvious.

OP, have you gotten to the radiator/fan setup yet? We finally got all that squared away and the supports for the fmic done. Did you have to relocate the fuel lines or the ABS lines?
BINGO! Haha.. Glad you got it all squared away. No actually I had some issues that didn't concern the car and I had to off all my parts and ditch the build due to some family issues. But I was not planning on relocating fuel lines but I was planning on making a new bracket and moving the ABS block over to the right a tad and getting a bracket to move the P/S reservoir up and left a hair as well. All in all giving me a little more room to run the tubular header thru without doing anything major in that area. What are you going to run for fans now? I had gotten the radiator in and the hole cut as well. Sat real nice in there and all I had to do was make some brackets for it.

Originally Posted by RedVertTA
The guy has like 4 posts, maybe he created a profile just to come in here and troll.
You got it!

Originally Posted by odarabla
I doubt you are in the Marines!! What shame you bring to the Corps. A DI would eat your face off! If you are a Marine then what unit are you in? Where did you complete AIT? What did you score on your Asvab? Were did you attend Bootcamp? What is your current rank?
He is a prior-service marine as well as myself. I served with him in the corps so I can vouch for that lol. He's a buddy of mine that likes to troll.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to jump on your buddy then lol. Even more sorry that you have some family issues right now.

We relocated the ABS block over and bent down and forward the brake lines. Put extensions on them and ran them to the block. If you contact josh@kytp he can hook you up with a relocation bracket for the power steering(1st and 2nd pic you can see it). It's a nice billet aluminum piece. I'm still running the flx-420 fans. here are some pics.

btw thats my brother in law with his bad *** welding skills. I'll try to get some better pics with the rad/fan/fmic/condensor mounted
Old 06-27-2011, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by willizm
Sorry to jump on your buddy then lol. Even more sorry that you have some family issues right now.

We relocated the ABS block over and bent down and forward the brake lines. Put extensions on them and ran them to the block. If you contact josh@kytp he can hook you up with a relocation bracket for the power steering(1st and 2nd pic you can see it). It's a nice billet aluminum piece. I'm still running the flx-420 fans. here are some pics.

btw thats my brother in law with his bad *** welding skills. I'll try to get some better pics with the rad/fan/fmic/condensor mounted
Always nice to have an experienced welder to help
Old 06-27-2011, 06:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rossi89
Always nice to have an experienced welder to help
Former mechanic that loves cars, has a lift, and is a pipe fitter by trade. I don't think I could get more lucky to have a brother in law like that for this build.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

Bad *** man. Yeah I have some issues going on here at the house so I had to sell what I had and have to get the car running soon. I mean I don't have to but I'd like to. I'm just going with a H/C set-up so well see if I can swing that. That is the piece that I was going to use for the reservoir. I just didn't want to have to re-bleed the brakes or the ABS block. Good luck with everything though man. Hope all goes well.

Quick Reply: My BUDGET single front mount build thread.