Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Show me your FMIC

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 124 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BashamWS6
Nice fab work but it looks like i wouldnt be able to keep a stock hood with that.
i think he's just showing you the intercooler setup.. youd be able to keep fogs with it.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My frontmount thread has pictures for the kit i am currently building. I am keeping the fog lights as well.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BashamWS6
None taken.
Thats why im asking questions on here. Ive done research and it still erouses questions. So isnt this the reason of a form? To ask questions and gain knowledge?
And there are plenty of teenagers running FI cars and money isnt the issue.
Ill have a 9" rear and the stock t56 can handle up to some 550wrhp i read once. Not to mention many people run alot of rwhp thru a stock t56 and ive ran into many of stock ls1s on 8lbs of boost. Ticking bomb? Yes no maybe so. With the right tune, it can and has been done.

I appriciate you comment mostly because you were an ******* like some of the people ive ran into on these threads. I appriciate your thoughts and thanks for answering a few questions for me.
Yeah stock T56 can typically handle 550 rwhp if not more. 8 lbs of boost isn't a ticking time bomb. Not at all. I was talking about higher boost levels where a bracket such as the Aster bracket would be necessary

Because I was an *******? lol
Old 02-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Banned Scammer

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Yeah stock T56 can typically handle 550 rwhp if not more. 8 lbs of boost isn't a ticking time bomb. Not at all. I was talking about higher boost levels where a bracket such as the Aster bracket would be necessary

Because I was an *******? lol
Werent.* lol
Old 02-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Launching!

There is nothing wrong with spending money on parts that far excede the power you are going to make. I do that all the time but that is because i am building a LS3 to go in the car...At that point i will be making the power that i will need all of my bigger parts for. So just ask yourself if you are going to go above and beyond the 8psi and 5xxhp mark. If so then getting the big parts now just means you wont have to get them in the future....If you arent going to go big then you really dont need to go all out with a tensioner bracket and duel pumps.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Banned Scammer

Well like i said. Right now i plan to just go 8lbs. Nothing my stock ls1/t56 cant handle but once those are built up, then i plan to kick it up to 12lbs or so

Quick Reply: Show me your FMIC