Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Show me your FMIC

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also agree with the dual pump setup.
And if you went f1, you might wanna have some extra cash laying around to build your motor if something happens. And a fmic will def. Help you out. And you can run an intercooler without cutting anything out. Just take your time with placement and such. But I do know an f1 will require some cutting of the rear of the radiator support to fit a proper sized intake on that thing. It's easy to choke it.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here is my F1A setup. And a solution to your bumper hacking!! I make these for a small fee!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...tom-cover.html
Old 02-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Banned Scammer

Nice! but i feel that this FMIC is smaller than a twin 4.5" intercooler set up.
im just curious if a FMIC coulld even fit with out lossing the fogs.

Originally Posted by SUPERMAN_00TA
Here is my F1A setup. And a solution to your bumper hacking!! I make these for a small fee!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...tom-cover.html
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Banned Scammer

so i was looking at pictures and i was just wondering if there was any way to mount the fogs to the underneither of the intercooler and just have them pushed futher out towards the front of the car?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

I still have the fogs and fmic. I am in the middle of the project and will post pics soon.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM
11 Second Club

I believe someone makes brackets to retain the fogs with a fmic several ppl have just made there own.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think if you trim the fascia forward enough you can make some room and put some brackets on the bottom to hold the lights in. it should be fairly easy to do once you make a game plan.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BashamWS6
Nice! but i feel that this FMIC is smaller than a twin 4.5" intercooler set up.
im just curious if a FMIC coulld even fit with out lossing the fogs.
Mine is actually an Air to Water intercooler setup... I do have the heat extractor right in the middle too though.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy answer......use an A2W intercooler and you can put it wherever the heck you want

Hard answer...... https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...rontmount.html

Keep doing research on here. There is MORE than enough info floating around. Don't expect people to just 'spill the beans' all the time. They were in your position at some point and spent a lot of time researching. Good luck!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BashamWS6
Show me pics of you D1SC and F1 engine bay, the placements, the underneith, and clearence.

im thinking of procharging my 99 WS6. need some ideas of how this is gonna work.
I didnt wanna go FMIC because i wanna keep the front plate and the foglights
IS THERE ANYWAY PAST THIS!?!?!?!?!?

also what meth kit did you use? what injectors? What spark plugs? what fuel pump? etc. etc. and why?

and any suggestions?
Or you can just do what I did. I came up with this idea to fabricate a type of "air deflector/foil" to push the air up and in to the fmic since I did NOT want to cut and hack up my SLP SS grill. Here's a link to brutespeed.com where Bob has my car up as an example, it's for the ic piping but you will see the fabricated piece on the bottom of the ic that "scoops" up the air. My own idea....

Link>>>>http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ11...-1GJ115-IC.htm

Thanks Bob if you read this!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Teching In

mine is the first NBM SS that you see as you scroll down the page.

Obviously this is my SS, weather this works on a T/A I can't tell ya'. I would assume so. My Formula and Firehawk are N/A cars.......

This should be able to work for your "cutting the front bumper part", as far as keeping the fogs......
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Banned Scammer

Originally Posted by madball
I still have the fogs and fmic. I am in the middle of the project and will post pics soon.
Oh yes, i will definantly be keeping my eye out for that!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Banned Scammer

alrighty so i laid out the very basic game plan:
still have a few ???s

THE Supercharger: D1SC from Brutespeed
Aster Bracket In Place Of Standard Bracket?
Substitute Truck Inlet and Larger Air Filter?
Mass air or speed density?

Fuel Pump: twin in-tank walbro system
INJECTORS: 60LB large enough
TIMING CHAIN: (like LS2) or a dual timing chain?
OIL PUMP: possibly ported one?
GAUGE POD:got one
BOOST GAUGE:Glowshift
WIDEBAND O2 SENSOR: Glowshift
METHANOL INJECTION: Snow Performance or Alkycontrol

got full exhaust to help flow, have a monster 3 clutch, ill have a rear and built suspesion,
it will be tuned at a safe range for a stock ls1. then ill build a 408 and the tranny up when they need it
Old 02-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Launching!

I didnt think the truck intake hat would fit with factory radiator location in in Fbody. If you are keeping your bottom end stock why are you taking the time to put another oil pump and timing chain in the car? On 60psi injectors, with duel pumps and a hobbs switch you can make up in the 600 range...over that and you will need to go to a regulated fuel setup and basically have to do a complete kit.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned Scammer

so does this kit have everything but the procharger itself?
http://shop.brutespeed.com/ATI-1GJ11...-1GJ115-IC.htm

and i suppose that race valve is a blow off valve?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's one I built for a customer. Keeps a/c, factory fans/radiator, factory radiTor position, factory powersteering pump/position.

If any of u were wonderin the specs: 403" alum. Ls2 , made 660 on 14# made 870 on 18#. Goin back to the dyno on 22# to try and break the ysi record
Old 02-19-2012, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

No hate bro, but you're 19 years old and you do seem to be a bit in over your head with this stuff and it's VERY expensive. When you start going FI there's a pretty steep learning curve involved with these cars. You are looking at an oil pump and a new timing chain, why? Are you also putting in a camshaft? Why spend all of that extra money on the Aster bracket? Are you going to make enough boost where belt slip is going to be an issue? If you are making enough boost where belt slip is going to be an issue, you're probably at the point that you might want to start looking at upgrading the bottom end of your motor or else it will be a time bomb. Why a twin in tank Walbro? That seems overkill to me. Also, with the kind of power a Procharger brings on, be wary of your rear end. The fact that you have a T56 exacerbates the issue quite a bit as those are much harsher on rear ends than the autos. Upgrade the driveshaft with the rear end as well, can't have that be the weak link.

Btw, hope I don't come across sounding like I'm on your *** or something. I'm also 19
Old 02-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Launching!

An upgraded T56 wouldnt be a bad idea either.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Banned Scammer

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
No hate bro, but you're 19 years old and you do seem to be a bit in over your head with this stuff and it's VERY expensive. When you start going FI there's a pretty steep learning curve involved with these cars. You are looking at an oil pump and a new timing chain, why? Are you also putting in a camshaft? Why spend all of that extra money on the Aster bracket? Are you going to make enough boost where belt slip is going to be an issue? If you are making enough boost where belt slip is going to be an issue, you're probably at the point that you might want to start looking at upgrading the bottom end of your motor or else it will be a time bomb. Why a twin in tank Walbro? That seems overkill to me. Also, with the kind of power a Procharger brings on, be wary of your rear end. The fact that you have a T56 exacerbates the issue quite a bit as those are much harsher on rear ends than the autos. Upgrade the driveshaft with the rear end as well, can't have that be the weak link.

Btw, hope I don't come across sounding like I'm on your *** or something. I'm also 19
None taken.
Thats why im asking questions on here. Ive done research and it still erouses questions. So isnt this the reason of a form? To ask questions and gain knowledge?
And there are plenty of teenagers running FI cars and money isnt the issue.
Ill have a 9" rear and the stock t56 can handle up to some 550wrhp i read once. Not to mention many people run alot of rwhp thru a stock t56 and ive ran into many of stock ls1s on 8lbs of boost. Ticking bomb? Yes no maybe so. With the right tune, it can and has been done.

I appriciate you comment mostly because you were an ******* like some of the people ive ran into on these threads. I appriciate your thoughts and thanks for answering a few questions for me.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Banned Scammer

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
Here's one I built for a customer. Keeps a/c, factory fans/radiator, factory radiTor position, factory powersteering pump/position.

If any of u were wonderin the specs: 403" alum. Ls2 , made 660 on 14# made 870 on 18#. Goin back to the dyno on 22# to try and break the ysi record

Nice fab work but it looks like i wouldnt be able to keep a stock hood with that.

Quick Reply: Show me your FMIC