Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Fairmont 2.0 (forged lq4, s480, 800whp, under new management)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

what are you going to be tuning the truck with? no more ms?
Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Fairmont arrived today. I only had time for a short ride, but I already left my mark. LOL. To say it is a fun car is an understatement of Herculean proportions. This may be....the greatest sleeper ever.

Videos will be made soon.

Mike
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy ****. I can't wait to see how nasty that thing can get.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you got the iron headed 6.0 Matt, I want to see just how far these heads can go before you swap to 317's, 799's or 243's. From there I will decide what to do next. Sticking with HPtuners though.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

11more rwhp with basically half as much boost... Damn who'd have thunk it.....

Im glad you did the back to back on the dyno with that. Bet you enjoyed the way the car drove more too.

Martin... you didnt say it was an iron headed motor tonight on the phone.... you need to revisit your specs if its not ground yet. Keywords....overlap and chamber cooling. Call me if you cant figure out the hint. Lol.

Denmah,

780 rwhp @20 psi is my guesstimate on the truck. Its cool to see the iron heads getting a little love. Ive got two pairs on the way for a project im starting on. Gonna see what happens when you mix M5 methanol, a 150lb/min turbo, and a stock 4.8 short block and throw it in an ex nmra SSO car. Was looking at the MS3 to run it too... When the time comes, if your willing, id love to pick your brain on the whole megasquirt thing. Im a carb guy... but an alky carb is more money than the MS3 and the injectors... so im gonna force myself to finally go efi.

Congrats on the ink... its always nice to get recognition like that.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 PM
9 Second Club

First video in my possession.....

Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJohn
11more rwhp with basically half as much boost... Damn who'd have thunk it.....

Im glad you did the back to back on the dyno with that. Bet you enjoyed the way the car drove more too.

Martin... you didnt say it was an iron headed motor tonight on the phone.... you need to revisit your specs if its not ground yet. Keywords....overlap and chamber cooling. Call me if you cant figure out the hint. Lol.

Denmah,

780 rwhp @20 psi is my guesstimate on the truck. Its cool to see the iron heads getting a little love. Ive got two pairs on the way for a project im starting on. Gonna see what happens when you mix M5 methanol, a 150lb/min turbo, and a stock 4.8 short block and throw it in an ex nmra SSO car. Was looking at the MS3 to run it too... When the time comes, if your willing, id love to pick your brain on the whole megasquirt thing. Im a carb guy... but an alky carb is more money than the MS3 and the injectors... so im gonna force myself to finally go efi.

Congrats on the ink... its always nice to get recognition like that.
im going to be swapping to alum heads, sorry, easier for me since the springs are in em already and i would like to use the alum for heat dissipation too since ill be thrashing lol

what do you think ill do on 10lbs, i wanted a little over 600whp on 10-12 as a goal for a proper cam and turbo setup, that would rock 780!

gunna keep timing low, i dont wanna bend these rods up lol!

i have that built shortblock coming soon hopefully so that will go in if there are any issues, least sloppy build ever lol
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGold
hell yes hahahhaha
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by denmah
im going to be swapping to alum heads, sorry, easier for me since the springs are in em already and i would like to use the alum for heat dissipation too since ill be thrashing lol

what do you think ill do on 10lbs, i wanted a little over 600whp on 10-12 as a goal for a proper cam and turbo setup, that would rock 780!

gunna keep timing low, i dont wanna bend these rods up lol!

i have that built shortblock coming soon hopefully so that will go in if there are any issues, least sloppy build ever lol
What it does on the low boost settings will kind of depend on the turbos.... if they can move that much air mass at that pressure ratio. It shouldnt be a problem id think. In all reality 780 is a low ball number. I will venture to say that you will suck those 61's dry once you have a motor that can take it. They should be worth 55-60 lb minute each if they are even halfway decent units.

You spend money where it matters. Converter being the single most important( and overlooked) component of a turbo system of this kind of power potential.

Im just stoked its gonna have a matching pair of heads and a decent camshaft. Lol.

Get the built motor in... and a pair of 76's on it.... and it could make 4 digit rwhp easy.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

least sloppy build ever lol
You better hammer in a cam or at least tighten something with an impact gun or you might ruin your rep lol!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:20 PM

What it does on the low boost settings will kind of depend on the turbos.... if they can move that much air mass at that pressure ratio. It shouldnt be a problem id think. In all reality 780 is a low ball number. I will venture to say that you will suck those 61's dry once you have a motor that can take it. They should be worth 55-60 lb minute each if they are even halfway decent units.

You spend money where it matters. Converter being the single most important( and overlooked) component of a turbo system of this kind of power potential.

Im just stoked its gonna have a matching pair of heads and a decent camshaft. Lol.

Get the built motor in... and a pair of 76's on it.... and it could make 4 digit rwhp easy.
i like that you said that because my plan was just to see what the 61s can do and if i like it, wich i probably will, like i told martin on the phone

ill probably go strait to the 76's then with the built motor.
awesome!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jax326
You better hammer in a cam or at least tighten something with an impact gun or you might ruin your rep lol!
LOL!

dont worry

PS i like your quote!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Haha thanx!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like the laugh in the video!

Priceless.

Doug
Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Teching In

.....yeah the truck supports the 3bar speed density OS upgrade and it controls the 80e and spark, iac, everything, so it will be a nice change of pace to do something relatively easy!
Hey Matt,

I am not up much on factory harnesses and will be following this intently!

If I could ask, What do you look for to determine if a truck comes with a similar "easy" harness? PCM number? or ??? Is there a paticular thread?

Thanks in advance,

T
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The plan for those turbo's and the engine to take it is already in motion....muhahaha. We think so much alike sometimes it scares me.

I knew he bought it with iron heads, but that he was swapping to the alum. heads since they had the .600" lift springs he wanted to use which is why I used the lobes that I did for Denmah. I've used those lobes before, but never in this combination I'm doing now for him. I know of a few cars that Tooley was telling me about and that we we're talking about last night that have used the exhaust lobe I'm using for his cam on both intake and exhaust that went to a more aggressive lobe and actually lost power.

Should be a fun build with awesome results.

Matt, I have to agree man, you're going to have to do something sloppy to this one or you'll lose all credibility bro! You're the famous Denmah remember what I told you LOL!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gasoline
Hey Matt,

I am not up much on factory harnesses and will be following this intently!

If I could ask, What do you look for to determine if a truck comes with a similar "easy" harness? PCM number? or ??? Is there a paticular thread?

Thanks in advance,

T

i think just all earlier LSX vehicles have the 411pcm...

acknovaman would probably be able to answer it best or someone else,
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGold
OldGold laughing like a school girl was priceless!

"Nothing to see, just a street car here, look away"

Zack
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i did buy the truck tonight,
man this thing is great,
supports 3 bar speed density upgrade stock

couldnt have bought something better to work on for fun...

it has 211k miles on it! gunna transgoHD2 kit the 80e and get a circle D converter and twin gt35's and see how it does!
All I did to my 80e was a billet input shaft and the transgo HD2 shift kit and it's been fine. My trans guy advised me to get out of the gas if I start spinning bad in first as the shift to 2nd could damage it at WOT power. They're a strong *** trans

Quick Reply: Fairmont 2.0 (forged lq4, s480, 800whp, under new management)