Old 09-20-2012, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SYK Vid!!!

You are an inspiration.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks guys. it took a while. but im pretty pleased with the way the vid turned out. all my stuff has been so raw and unedited that its pitiful.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

Subscribed to your channel. Good luck with the contest. I still want to see it in person if you dyno it local. I'm at Steele/Lassiter fairly often as well.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been watching this thread from the start. Nice video, love that you used Dimmu Borgir and Children of Bodom lol. Haven't heard them in years!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

where did you get that firebird t shirt
Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nebulus
Been watching this thread from the start. Nice video, love that you used Dimmu Borgir and Children of Bodom lol. Haven't heard them in years!

yeah some of my fav bands. Saw dimmu live in atlanta. Have Vortex, galder, and silenoz's guitar picks. said he could here me singing over the speakers and that I sounded great.

Originally Posted by ls1wallen
where did you get that firebird t shirt
think i got it on ebay. ls1tech has a nice one too that reads real cars dont power the front wheels they lift them. I plan on getting the bandit jacket soon. its nice.

Originally Posted by Skillet
Subscribed to your channel. Good luck with the contest. I still want to see it in person if you dyno it local. I'm at Steele/Lassiter fairly often as well.
thanks man. i got several subs after that vid surprisingly. I did not win. Some fatass 15 year old carless kid that barely entered at all got it. His entry was garbage, but hey, the contetst was about your thoughts, not about who deserves a break or whos got a neat build. i guess now he can use that new gopro to record cheerleaders from afar at football practice under the bleachers. no im not upset............
Old 09-27-2012, 06:15 PM
TECH Addict

would anyone be shocked if I only made 650rwhp?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So have you dynoed this thing yet?
Old 09-27-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ajrothm
So have you dynoed this thing yet?
not yet. getting closer every paycheck.

but would you be surprised if it only made 650rwhp?

oh......got this in today.

FAST 102--gloss black, silver letters, red r. vengeance racing port. NW 102 TB, Rails, Fittings etc...

aster bracket is being assembled and shipped soon, along with the kurt urban kit and TSP 7/8's headers and y with cutouts. then we can get the damn motor in, grab that fuel system and trans and pray to god that the driveshaft length is right for the 80e to match up to the 10 bolt long enough to get the thing out on the road to cruise while I let mwc get started on my fab 9 and double adjustable everything. planning on using Fikse fm10 as drag wheels.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 09-27-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would throw up on myself if it only made 650hp....honestly I'd expect no less then 800rwhp through a 4l80e.... I think an honest 850rwhp is where it will land depending on how fast you spin it.. (I'd max it out Ofcourse)..

That Fast 102 is awesome! Does it come gloss black like that from FAST or is that custom painted? Looks sweet!

Good luck on the build!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I would throw up on myself if it only made 650hp....honestly I'd expect no less then 800rwhp through a 4l80e.... I think an honest 850rwhp is where it will land depending on how fast you spin it.. (I'd max it out Ofcourse)..

That Fast 102 is awesome! Does it come gloss black like that from FAST or is that custom painted? Looks sweet!

Good luck on the build!
done by hand by some person with a skilled hand. def worth the wait. I know fast makes the 92 in black but its just the flat black like the ls6 basically to me. And I painted my ls6. I know how much work it is and I was in no mood to do it this time. I need to grab all the connections for the throttle body too.

I appreciate the answer on the hp question. I feel the same way to be honest.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Addict

no updates. still waiting on the aster bracket....think its going on 3 months soon since I ordered it! itll be worth it though! Only because the Group Purchase took a while because people said they were ready to buy then bailed. All talk and no wallet I suppose.

however....this video...is the funniest thing I have ever seen. not the original if thats what your expecting.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 12-11-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
no updates. still waiting on the aster bracket....think its going on 3 months soon since I ordered it! itll be worth it though!

however....this video...is the funniest thing I have ever seen. not the original if thats what your expecting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDrpPqsXfVU

The Aster brackets from the Group Purchase should be shipping starting this week. I'll be anxious to see how much power your combination makes. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-03-2012, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

finally! yeah your telling me. I am really anxious to see myself. I really wish my chambers on the heads were smaller to bump the compression. im trying to do every little thing I can to squeeze every last drop of power out of it I can and make it reliable.

if anyone has suggestions or advice im game.

would love to know what I can take out as far as weight

so far i have:

antenna motor
rear seats
rear belts and brackets
spare tire
jack
rear trunk cover
floor mats
windshield wipers
wiper motor
Air pump
EGR
Chromoly Driveshaft
Brakes
a/c compressor
condensor
hvac
vfn fiberglass hood
corbeau racing seats.
skinnies
battery

would love to shoot for 3300-3400. i know thatll be tough with only the things listed above, and a 4l80e, and iron block. dont want this thing to be a pig.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 10-03-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

what belt issues?

cant wait to get this bad boy on. just gotta drill the holes for the alternator and slap it on. waiting on TSP 7/8 headers and Katech tensioner to show up and these parts are off to be put on the motor and itll be time to drop her in and I will buy the Lonnies kit next month, and after that just be saving up for a trans, as well as praying that the stock driveshaft length will do for the time being long enough for me to break in the motor and drive it around.

wanted a DMH cutout but hes a ghost apparently, so qtp gets the business since they actually answer the phone and have em ready to ship, and it comes with a nifty little remote control that you can use to open it up outside of the car.

big thanks to Bob, Chris, Brianwrightws6, Lonnie, allout06, Alchemist, Erik@Lashway, Texas-Speed, Vengeance Racing, Henson performance, Mike @ WS6project, and all the people who have helped me with this build.

Last edited by I8UR4RD; 12-11-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:15 PM
11 Second Club

cant wait to get this bad boy on. just gotta drill the holes for the alternator and slap it on. waiting on TSP 7/8 headers and Katech tensioner to show up and these parts are off to be put on the motor and itll be time to drop her in and I will buy the Lonnies kit next month, and after that just be saving up for a trans, as well as praying that the stock driveshaft length will do for the time being long enough for me to break in the motor and drive it around.

wanted a DMH cutout but hes a ghost apparently, so qtp gets the business since they actually answer the phone and have em ready to ship, and it comes with a nifty little remote control that you can use to open it up outside of the car.

big thanks to Bob, Chris, Brianwrightws6, allout06, Alchemist, Erik@Lashway, Texas-Speed, Vengeance Racing, Henson performance, Mike @ WS6project, and all the people who have helped me with this build.
Good **** bud I'm happy for ya!!! Can't wait to get my new clutch in and get back on the road! Maybe next year when I put new motor in I can upgrade to F-series blower :-) one can only hope
Old 10-09-2012, 07:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thumbs up

big thanks to Bob, Chris, Brianwrightws6, allout06, Alchemist, Erik@Lashway, Texas-Speed, Vengeance Racing, Henson performance, Mike @ WS6project, and all the people who have helped me with this build.
Looks good! Thanks Joseph! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 10-09-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 35thsscamaro02
Good **** bud I'm happy for ya!!! Can't wait to get my new clutch in and get back on the road! Maybe next year when I put new motor in I can upgrade to F-series blower :-) one can only hope
if i were you id be turning that ls2 block into a 408 and then worry about running the f1 afterwards. your car is already kicking so much ***. your tune must be spot on with that power on the Stock bottom end.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Texas Speed 1 & 7/8th's headers made it in today. super impressed with them.

the katech tensioner is also in. A few people on here doing similar builds and just using that knowledge from what they have done to go ahead and prepare. one problem was with the belt walking off of the stock tensioner pulley. this tensioner has a higher edge on the pulley and pretty much eliminates belt walk. that along with the aster bracket should take care of my belt issues. I sure hope this thing makes the power.

At this point we can go ahead and get the vapor kit and drop the motor in. The fuel pumps and bucket with lines and all from lonnies via ozsleeper will be on its way real real soon. after than I am just going to have jake build the 4l80e...possibly change the yoke, and run the 10 bolt long enough to break it in, dyno it and get it on the road while MWC builds the rear.

I decided to hell with single adjustables and strange. too many great reviews on afco doubles.

hoping with a 1.3-1.4 60 foot and 3500lbs to hit high 5's in the 1/8th. im sure ill start out in low 6's but we will get there.

Quick Reply: F1A-390ci-E85