gt500: Blower
zl1: No blower
take the tvs off the gt and then lets see the #'s
lol...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
Given the two...i would take the GT500 over the ZL1 in a heart beat. That thing will be a monster with a pulley and bolt ons and a set of mickeys.
I wonder how much headroom it has for 93 octane over stock when addinng things like bolt ons and a pulley. Time will tell.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
I wonder how much headroom it has for 93 octane over stock when addinng things like bolt ons and a pulley. Time will tell.
agreed...time to see how that forged bottom end holds out.

I think this car getting this HP is awesome. All this does is form a HP war between the two and we, the consumers, get to reap the benefits. I remember when 300HP LS1 stock was awesome. Now the base GT mustang and Camaro are approaching 450HP. Hell my wifes SUV with V6 has almost 300HP lol
Old 05-22-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think a good bit. I am pretty sure the stock tune is not as conservative as we'd imagine (cant wait to see some logs) but I believe the compression ratio was raised as well in effort to raise the power going from 8:5:1 to 9:2:1. Dont quote me on that, but I know that the compression ratio is def on down enough to justify 93. The main focus according to Jammal Hameedi was engine temps.

That is the second person in 24 hours who told me to put a blower on the ZL1. Thats just the problem. It does have one, and I believe its another version of that same blower. No doubt the zl1 will be a better track car, but correct me if I am wrong.....90% of us are straighline performance folk.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

What gets me is that all of a sudden the ford boys are acting as if the 2013 shelby is all new and the baddest thing since, well the 5.0 engine.

Well.... if anyone remembers correctly through FRPP ANYONE that has a shelby could get a 700hp kit (what this car is really making) with a warranty and call it a day.

Its very simple... add a big blower, it will make more power. I don't understand the hype. Or better put, if it doesn't make 600rwhp and trap 130mph+ then its a waste... it better perform at that power level.

Last edited by obZidian; 05-22-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obZidian
What gets me is that all of a sudden the ford boys are acting as if the 2012 shelby is all new and the baddest thing since, well the 5.0 engine.

Well.... if anyone remembers correctly through FRPP ANYONE that has a shelby could get a 700hp kit (what this car is really making) with a warranty and call it a day.

Its very simple... add a big blower, it will make more power. I don't understand the hype. Or better put, if it doesn't make 600rwhp and trap 130mph+ then its a waste... it better perform at that power level.
The level of "standards" has gone through the roof these day. People are spending 40-60k on new vehicles trying to chase a number and mph.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Or compare modified cars to stock cars and expect the stock car to stay stock. If not its "kicking puppies" lol

Wow!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:13 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can understand the hype because unlike us where we are willing to go FI and all that it entails other people would rather buy the car and have the comfy warranty factor. Also to the gt500's credit along with the ZL1 it's being built to be more than a straight line car like ours in this section.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Or compare modified cars to stock cars and expect the stock car to stay stock. If not its "kicking puppies" lol

Wow!
they did alot more than just "add a blower".
Old 05-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Launching!

Must have been on a mustang dyno
Old 05-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can buy a new 5.0 gt from ford and get the Ford racing preformance kit with a blower and make 620... with a 3yr warranty...
Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i think there are 3 FI options for a GT from the ford racing division that can be deal installed and tuned locally . the big one being the 2.9L crusher.

I mean don't get me wrong, but I am really just concerned that Ford listens to their customers more than GM listens to us. Rather it seems like they will showcase something and ask "Do you like this" .....all I am saying, is ask us what we like before you make it, as opposed to after.

Fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
yeah i think there are 3 FI options for a GT from the ford racing division that can be deal installed and tuned locally . the big one being the 2.9L crusher.

I mean don't get me wrong, but I am really just concerned that Ford listens to their customers more than GM listens to us. Rather it seems like they will showcase something and ask "Do you like this" .....all I am saying, is ask us what we like before you make it, as opposed to after.

Fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Ford made the same mistake from 1996-2010... except for the termi's and gt500's

everything was underpowered... and a PITA to work on... hell even the 500's and termis were a PITA but at least the have power...

The new 5.0 trucks are so easy to work on... O it needs a tune up... ill just sit in the engine bay and change the plugs... Literally will only take 30-40 minutes to do...

Ford listened to their mechanics and customers finally... took them a while but they did...
Old 05-22-2012, 07:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SVTconfused
Ford made the same mistake from 1996-2010... except for the termi's and gt500's

everything was underpowered... and a PITA to work on... hell even the 500's and termis were a PITA but at least the have power...

The new 5.0 trucks are so easy to work on... O it needs a tune up... ill just sit in the engine bay and change the plugs... Literally will only take 30-40 minutes to do...

Ford listened to their mechanics and customers finally... took them a while but they did...
eventually gm will to. i long for the day when there project leaders and engineers/designers are prowling around this site or others to innovate new ideas
Old 05-23-2012, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

I can understand the hype because unlike us where we are willing to go FI and all that it entails other people would rather buy the car and have the comfy warranty factor. Also to the gt500's credit along with the ZL1 it's being built to be more than a straight line car like ours in this section.
Understood....

I was referring though about the love affair with this car when the option to go 700hp has be available for a few years from ford with a warranty. Its nothing new really.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

they did alot more than just "add a blower".
lol. Lets not nitpick. The 2013 is nothing more than more cubes and an "upgrade blower" straight from the factory.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

lol. Lets not nitpick. The 2013 is nothing more than more cubes and an "upgrade blower" straight from the factory.
well i was thinking more along the lines of better shifting points, track apps, launch control, bigger air cooler, piston squirters, large sump, more oil capacity, new cams, compression changes, bigger heads, thicker headgaskets, and beefier bolts, stronger rods and pistons, slugged crank shaft, new windage tray, and the list keeps on going. it is a huge step past the previous model. the difference now is before you could upgrade to the 700hp package and lose warranty and you payed the same amount plus the upgrade...now you get that same package pretty much standard, BUT BETTER. for around the same price. I was expecting this car to cost more, but it did not.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Teching In

well i was thinking more along the lines of better shifting points, track apps, launch control, bigger air cooler, piston squirters, large sump, more oil capacity, new cams, compression changes, bigger heads, thicker headgaskets, and beefier bolts, stronger rods and pistons, slugged crank shaft, new windage tray, and the list keeps on going. it is a huge step past the previous model. the difference now is before you could upgrade to the 700hp package and lose warranty and you payed the same amount plus the upgrade...now you get that same package pretty much standard, BUT BETTER. for around the same price. I was expecting this car to cost more, but it did not.
This.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 PM
12 Second Club

its not much better $$$ wise. There are none on ebay with buy-it-nows less than $80k.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Captain Double Post

There customer feedback since 03your was build something thats worthy, lol pretty impressive imo

Quick Reply: 2013 Shelby GT500 Dyno #'s