Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 performance buyer beware!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fireburr
I want to warn everybody about On3 Performance. I purchased a 76mm turbo, 44mm wastegate, and 60lb injectors from them in march. The tips of the injectors were clearly machined through too far from the manufacturer creating large holes or cuts in them. The company said they will not refund my money on them because they are used; but how else to you find out things are bad until you try them? The waste gate came with no fire ring and when they shipped me the new one it was .035 bigger than the hole it goes in. They told me to clean the hole and use something large to beat it in there. And finally the turbo has leaked oil into both sides through the seals since the moment it started up. I had a 1/8" restrictor on the inlet side of the oil and a 5/8" return line like they stated it needed to operate. They insist that none of these errors are their fault and they will not refund my money. They even said they require a restocking fee to return these faulty parts; which sounds to me that they will be puting these parts back on the shelves and selling them to somebody else. So I am trying to spread the word to protect other future victims from this shady operation.
EBAY Buyer protection will cover any garbage that they could have sold you. I am glad to see this post because I was seriously thinking about buying their ball bearing turbo.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Teching In

On3 is Chinese junk, which personally, I wouldn't touch.

That said, if you want to use Chinese ****, at least save yourself some money and buy it on ebay. Why the **** would you want to pay an extra $100 per turbo for these dorks to have their name on it?
Old 08-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Launching!

I can't see myself buying a Chinese turbo when a BW is only a few hundred more, but there's always the space factor.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems like if it's not going on a Mustang the dude doesn't give two ***** about getting your business
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Launching!

bingo...thats because its all he knows...he has found a niche in the chinese turbo kit market for mustangs and he is making a killing at it selling a kit that cost's him $500 and making $1000 profit on it....but like anything else, karma is catching up with him and the internet is very unforgiving when you screw someone over....

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
It seems like if it's not going on a Mustang the dude doesn't give two ***** about getting your business
Old 08-30-2012, 05:18 PM
TECH Resident

I had no issues when I ordered my On3 76mm, we talked for a few minutes and he was decently nice to me.....
Old 08-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Launching!

same here...he was nice when i gave him $1500 for my turbo kit on my 302........

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
I had no issues when I ordered my On3 76mm, we talked for a few minutes and he was decently nice to me.....
Old 08-30-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
LOL, like Silver Sleeper said, it's cuz you were giving him money. LOL once I told him I was working with a chevy motor, he didn't want to help me. My question was going to be what size feed lines to the turbos, but didn't even let me get that far.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
Whats wrong with trying me out guys lol
"On3 Pitty Party Sale" hhehe
Old 08-30-2012, 10:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HAHA

I just don't understand why you guys would not spend just a few more and get a Proven Magnum.

1 Year warranty!!!!

My turbos have gone 8's many times over and they have survived more than one season doing so.

I know its twice the money but you are getting your monies worth.

No one talks crap about me, BECAUSE I DON"T SCREW OVER PEOPLE.
I always answer calls, texts, emails. I always follow up, and I stand behind everything I sell. Our kits are awesome our turbos work.

Ex On3 customers: $50 dollars off any turbo and free shipping until next Friday Sept 7
Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Completely agree customer service at 100%... I called you on the general question about oil without ever buying any of your products and he answered you where on the phone with me for like 10 minutes... So I did not hesitate to buy your alternator relocation bracket and will call you up when Im ready to upgrade turbos... Make some shirts lol
Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ I had a simple question for rob and I swear this Guy gets into detail and makes the conversation last awhile, he makes sure your question and any concern is answered. Awesome Guy and I haven't bought a thing yet! Only because times are hard. Go modular Turbo
Old 08-30-2012, 11:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HAHA

I just don't understand why you guys would not spend just a few more and get a Proven Magnum.
I never understood this either, it's not THAT much more for a better turbo(whether magnum or the tc76).
Old 08-30-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Black98s10
LOL, like Silver Sleeper said, it's cuz you were giving him money. LOL once I told him I was working with a chevy motor, he didn't want to help me. My question was going to be what size feed lines to the turbos, but didn't even let me get that far.
Again, he asked me what I was throwing it on and told him it was going on my 5.3, his exact words were "very nice"......

I also talked to him about different backsides and confirm the feed/drain size, was on the phone with him for 20mins.....
Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Isnt the magnum made in the same factory as the On3? Pretty sure its the same as their budget turbo, brazil maybe?

http://forums.corral.net/forums/10561806-post16.html

Im sure the on3 LS turbo kit will be ready soon, I have pics of the setup....
Old 08-31-2012, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BLWN1
Isnt the magnum made in the same factory as the On3? Pretty sure its the same as their budget turbo, brazil maybe?

http://forums.corral.net/forums/10561806-post16.html

Im sure the on3 LS turbo kit will be ready soon, I have pics of the setup....
That is an LIE, and that was spread by Chad at On3 in order to promote the quality of his turbos.

If they were made in the same place then why do his fail and mine don't.
Also why wouldn't he give a 1 year warranty if its the same turbo.

Also if they were made in the same factory he would have access to all the same turbos that we have, and he doesn't because they're not.

Our turbos are made in Brazil by people that have been making turbos for a long time. We are currently in the process of shifting the final assembly point to the US (FL). In order to have even more quality control.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

HAHA

1 Year warranty!!!!
It's simple really. People will try to save 50-100 bucks instead of buying quality and paying for good customer service.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

it buggles my mind why people would even consider cheap chinese turbo's and components.... i tell customer do it right the first time!! if it takes you longer to save up, so be it, but you practically never see great results from these kinds of products, and its for a reason... if you cant afford to do it right... dont do it! when i see these chinese component turbo cars come into the shop for tuning i cringe... i had a turbo truck on the dyno with a chinese wastegate... the gate stuck open.... thank god not closed....
Old 08-31-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Ford and gm do it to save why shouldn't consumers? It's not even an argument. If we coil all afford underground Lambos we would all have them... Some of us can afford a wore out mustang and a 250.00 turbo. others have 12,000 to drop on a turbo kit... It's pretty simple...
Old 08-31-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Like any of you buy new oem replacement parts and not from the local parts store with there imported made parts just to save a $1.

Quick Reply: On3 performance buyer beware!!!