Old 08-31-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ftw. For the win. $250 dollars.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Chad17
Ill put anything I have on a bet that says the On 3 turbo and magnum are 100% identical and made by the exact same factory.
You are obviously the On3 guy....
Old 08-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Modular, I am in the market right now for a turbo... Just because I am military and was once a small business owner that lived by the good customer service code, I will gladly give you my money over that CHAD17 guy!!! Look at his amount of posts on here and we all can tell what he is really about! ($$$$)

I am in the market for a turbo, a gate and other stuff! I know just by reading this thread Im not the only one.. So, Imma try to help out my brother in arms, that is willing to lay his life down for his country, and buy from you!

BUT, I still want the special help and attention you give to all... LOL... So what do you think???

I have a 4.8.. What turbo and size will spool the best with this motor...??? and last a good while..? Its not my daily driver, but I will beat the **** out of it when driving it once or twice a week....
Old 08-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Launching!

to be honest, Im still thinking about that GT45...

Last edited by AlterEgo; 08-31-2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-31-2012, 08:45 PM
12 Second Club

I have a on3 t76 and now that my motors blown, on disassembly my intake plus all my intercooler pipes are filled with oil,the turbine side is dry but the seal on the compressor side puked alot of oil in my motor.possible reason for my motor being blown,but im leaning towards not paying attention and running too much boost for the amount of timing I was running. Car made great power tho,if I could put quality seals in I possibly would, but im leaning twoards a borg right now
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
Launching!

theturboforum.com

Originally Posted by AlterEgo
Wats TTF??? (im debating on these 2 budget turbos also...)
Old 08-31-2012, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

to be honest, Im still thinking about that GT45...
do it.

if your lookng for no more than 650whp
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

My On3 76mm works flawless and has no issues....

For a budget build the turbos are awesome IMO, they have made over 600whp on a few cars on this board, not bad for the money!

It's almost comical to see other people bash others builds because they aren't using "proven parts".....

Hell how many people on here have bitched about the "proven precision units" in the last few weeks?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Launching!

actually there are guys making more than that..

Originally Posted by a4ls2goat
do it.

if your lookng for no more than 650whp
Old 09-01-2012, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper
actually there are guys making more than that..
Link to said cars?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

i havent had the trouble with their products like many state, but, for some reason it takes 2 weeks for any of their products to reach ohio to wi. even a wg spring took forever to get here and chads damn mail box is always full and never answers his phone. called like ten times and only one answer once and that was a long time ago. serously re thinking where i get my 70's from now. how the hell does jegs deal with him? lol
Old 09-01-2012, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad17
Ill put anything I have on a bet that says the On 3 turbo and magnum are 100% identical and made by the exact same factory.
LOL they are FAR from identical.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:00 PM
FormerVendor

Modular, I am in the market right now for a turbo... Just because I am military and was once a small business owner that lived by the good customer service code, I will gladly give you my money over that CHAD17 guy!!! Look at his amount of posts on here and we all can tell what he is really about! ($$$$)

I am in the market for a turbo, a gate and other stuff! I know just by reading this thread Im not the only one.. So, Imma try to help out my brother in arms, that is willing to lay his life down for his country, and buy from you!

BUT, I still want the special help and attention you give to all... LOL... So what do you think???

I have a 4.8.. What turbo and size will spool the best with this motor...??? and last a good while..? Its not my daily driver, but I will beat the **** out of it when driving it once or twice a week....

Call me and we can discuss your options. My business phone is my cell so call anytime.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
LOL they are FAR from identical.
Honestly I remember asking Modular about this on another forum and they even admitted to using "some parts from the same manufacturers" as other "Chinese" turbos but said theirs were assembled in Brazil and to a better standard. If you really start digging on these turbos, which I have, they are all VERY similar and probably use parts from the same companies. The difference is Magnum slaps a better warranty on their products but charges 2-3x the price. At that price, they can afford to eat a couple turbos that go down and still make great profits.

I am not knocking either product, just being realistic. I remember a quote by Tommy Boy, "I can put a piece of $hit in a box and slap a warranty on it and all you have is a guaranteed piece of $****!" I think these turbos are pretty decently made from what I have seen now after inspecting 3 of them. For a budget build you could buy 2-3 of these for the cost of a mainstream turbo.

They are not using the latest technology or the same manufacturing standards as some of the other companies, like Borg or Garret, but when they work, they work ok and get the job done.

I am glad that Modular is stepping in and offering excellent customer service, but honestly even all the American companies don't do this! I have had some horrible customer service from some American companies lately and some excellent service from some folks selling "foreign" parts. If American companies want to sell their parts at 2-3x the price of the other world companies, they better make dang sure they offer the BEST service on the market. If not they are just going to lose out to people willing to do it cheaper and with better service! This is in no way aimed at anyone in this thread or even on this board, just to my experiences lately with a variety of companies here in the states.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sarg
Honestly I remember asking Modular about this on another forum and they even admitted to using "some parts from the same manufacturers" as other "Chinese" turbos but said theirs were assembled in Brazil and to a better standard. If you really start digging on these turbos, which I have, they are all VERY similar and probably use parts from the same companies. The difference is Magnum slaps a better warranty on their products but charges 2-3x the price. At that price, they can afford to eat a couple turbos that go down and still make great profits.

I am not knocking either product, just being realistic. I remember a quote by Tommy Boy, "I can put a piece of $hit in a box and slap a warranty on it and all you have is a guaranteed piece of $****!" I think these turbos are pretty decently made from what I have seen now after inspecting 3 of them. For a budget build you could buy 2-3 of these for the cost of a mainstream turbo.

They are not using the latest technology or the same manufacturing standards as some of the other companies, like Borg or Garret, but when they work, they work ok and get the job done.

I am glad that Modular is stepping in and offering excellent customer service, but honestly even all the American companies don't do this! I have had some horrible customer service from some American companies lately and some excellent service from some folks selling "foreign" parts. If American companies want to sell their parts at 2-3x the price of the other world companies, they better make dang sure they offer the BEST service on the market. If not they are just going to lose out to people willing to do it cheaper and with better service! This is in no way aimed at anyone in this thread or even on this board, just to my experiences lately with a variety of companies here in the states.
Agree 100%. I have an on3 T76 sitting here on my shelf waiting to go in. The reviews were overall fairly positive, although the customer service blows. I also had a Master Power turbo and there were no similar parts at least from the exterior. Googling some pics of a Magnum T76, it looks very similar to the on3 indeed.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Hmm, actually, I don't think it was Modular, but Magnum rather, I apologize. It was when they or someone representing them came out with the announcement of some new turbo or another. It has been a couple months, so I forget the specifics.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Launching!

like i said guys....they get their CHRA's from china and so do some name brand companies...i have a very close friend in the business who is a turbo parts supplier...thats all im saying
Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Mine's been holding up fine, for a budget build. Blows a little oil at 9psi, but otherwise, good. Had it for about 6 months now. Not unhappy with my On3... that's all I'm saying..

Is it the best thing out there on the market? no... is it ok? yes...
Old 09-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Originally Posted by HRHohio
Mine's been holding up fine, for a budget build. Blows a little oil at 9psi, but otherwise, good. Had it for about 6 months now. Not unhappy with my On3... that's all I'm saying..

Is it the best thing out there on the market? no... is it ok? yes...
If it's leaking into the cold side, that's asking to blow your motor up. Oil significantly decreases octane, and can cause detonation.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
You are obviously the On3 guy....
Yes clearly I am, you know me and I dont know why you act like you dont. We sat at pri for 2 days bs'ing at the old mp turbo booth. I dont know why you have a problem with me now for some reason....

Yes my phone rings off the hook and I have a hard time getting all calls. Certain days I have to decide to either answer the phone or get orders out the door. Im doing all that I can to keep up with orders and get to the phones as much as possible. I always sit down at the end of the day to do emails so if there is questions, concerns, etc, email me please.

Quick Reply: On3 performance buyer beware!!!