Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 performance buyer beware!!!

Old 09-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
LOL they are FAR from identical.
Please back this statement up to prove me wrong. The only difference is the name cast into the compressor cover. There is no difference besides for maybe a water cooled center which Im not sure they run. We do have some oil/water chra's manufactured but generally just do oil only.

Other than that, they are ran on the same assembly line, same manufacture, castings, etc. If you can prove the difference in the On 3 ceramic ball bearing turbo vs the magnum, I'd love to see your factual proof. Ill post anything you want from my end to compare and prove that you are wrong.

Im not here to argue but this statement you have made is just false
Old 09-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Teching In

I'll assume the turbo forums.com

and ftw = for the win
Old 09-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Chad, why are you a member on here? simply for damage control?

i bought a kit from you for my fox and never had a problem with it...i even stood up for you and then you started ******* people over, selling them mis-labeled injectors and being an *** on the phone.....word gets around quick man...
Old 09-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chad17
Please back this statement up to prove me wrong. The only difference is the name cast into the compressor cover. There is no difference besides for maybe a water cooled center which Im not sure they run. We do have some oil/water chra's manufactured but generally just do oil only.

Other than that, they are ran on the same assembly line, same manufacture, castings, etc. If you can prove the difference in the On 3 ceramic ball bearing turbo vs the magnum, I'd love to see your factual proof. Ill post anything you want from my end to compare and prove that you are wrong.

Im not here to argue but this statement you have made is just false
pull the ball bearing CHRA apart and post pictures....
Old 09-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Staging Lane

I bought two on3 turbos for my build, not because I couldnt afford better ones but because I wanted to see what they will do. I intend to go precision or BW shortly after its completed. I plan on writing a review of how they perform after pushing them a bit...reading these complaints raise some concerns but I tend to rely on my own opinion before trusting someone else's. Too often people like to point fingers when many times there is a bigger issue with their car/setup. I'll draw my own opinion from my own expreience and go with that.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper
.....word gets around quick man...
I would say to protect his business, since he isn't a sponsor yet I'm sure he has to be on his toes with what he says.... He has answere every email I have sent him and I have yet to spend a penny with him..
Old 09-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper

i bought a kit from you for my fox and never had a problem with it...i even stood up for you and then you started ******* people over, selling them mis-labeled injectors and being an *** on the phone.....word gets around quick man...

Thank you and I do appreciate that. I will sponsor and pay the dues as soon as we have the product ready to be released. Right now I just have turbos that people are using and I have 3 new F-body turbo systems Ill release in the next 2-3 months. 2 of them for the 98-02 cars and then a system for the 2010+ cars.

Once I have product, I would like to be more involved with this forum. I have not been very active on here as I really dont have much to offer at the current time. I just dont want to cross the line for not being a paid sponsor right now and just had another customer email me a link and said I should check out this thread
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say I have never had a bad deal with On3 personally. Bought several turbos from them and have always had good service over the phone. The turbos seem fine and on par with just about every other budget turbo out there and better than some I have seen by far. I ended up jumping to a single for simplicity sake and they did not have the sized single I wanted or I may have tried one!
Old 09-04-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hear their coming out with an 88mm. t4 flanged. but not anytime soon
Old 09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't understand why turbo guys skimp so much on their turbos, which is the most critical part of the build. Try buying a Procharger that starts at $2000+ for a used D1SC.

And what's with screwing people over with fake Siemens Deka injectors? That's fraud. If I filled a prescription for top shelf medication, don't give me a generic and say it's just as good.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Again, i have seen more threads about the Precision unit's having problems then i have about On3's!

It's funny because the only thing people are complaining about is customer service, and not the actual turbo's themselves.....
Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BottleFedZ346
Again, i have seen more threads about the Precision unit's having problems then i have about On3's!

It's funny because the only thing people are complaining about is customer service, and not the actual turbo's themselves.....
Some people are complaining for receiving knock-off deka's when they paid for the topshelf "authentic" deka injectors among other items not being shipped.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:02 AM
TECH Resident

My point was more directed towards the people who bad mouth there turbos without having any experience with them whatsoever!

As far as there "bad customer service" or "selling knockoff parts" I cannot comment on as I didn't have any issues with them when I dealt with them, but I hope that's not the case!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:08 AM
FormerVendor

Wow I didn't know he was slinging fake injectors too.

If you pull that crap here the boys will "rise against".

Chad if our turbos are made in the same place then why do your turbos fail and mine don't.

Magnum has 10x+ more turbos out in the world being used and I don't know about you but I have haven't came across any broken turbo threads. Also I have only had 3 customers with warranty issues, out of 600+ turbos in the field.
1 of those was customer error.

That's way less than 1% (.005%) buddy.

Since you wanna talk crap, lets talk some crap.

Before your new turbos came out, you were previously a masterpower dealer. You were selling MPT70s and your own T70 exact copy chinabay special. Then when magnum first started up you were initially sold 2 prototype turbos a T76 and a T72. Fast forward a few months later now you have an exact chinese copy of those as well.

Your MO is typical of people with no skill or ingenuity.

hmm.... Lets see
step 1
Find something that works made by someone else......
step 2
have it replicated poorly in china for pennies.......
step 3
sell the **** out of it and profit.......

I can't freaking wait to see whos turbo kit you have COPIED for the F body crowd.

My bet is either Josh or myself, or maybe a little bit borrowed from both of us.

I will give you some advice and a compliment though.

You are really great at selling things based off of price. You have ALOT of people cornered there.

But, if you're only selling point is that its cheap, you have to support the product.

You should put a longer warranty on the item.

Most turbo customers don't install their turbo in the first 60 days of owning it. You know this and that's why your warranty is 30 days.

We all know that you are making a killing on these turbos why not do a 6 month warranty at least!

Simple conclusion:

You are asking that fella to prove it. You prove it. If they are made in the same factory then where is your 80mm. You should be able to buy what we are buying if its coming from the same place. The Chinese don't care they want our money and don't care what they sell and to whom it goes too.

Magnum turbos will be made in the USA soon anyway so this little lie of yours is only going to be helpful for a little while longer.

Thanks for reading.

Rob@modular

Last edited by ModularTurbo; 09-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

^ LoL
Old 09-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I don't understand why turbo guys skimp so much on their turbos, which is the most critical part of the build. Try buying a Procharger that starts at $2000+ for a used D1SC.

And what's with screwing people over with fake Siemens Deka injectors? That's fraud. If I filled a prescription for top shelf medication, don't give me a generic and say it's just as good.
You dont know half of the story. You have one side and Im not getting into it here but you can pm if its of any concern to you
Old 09-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
Wow I didn't know he was slinging fake injectors too.

If you pull that crap here the boys will "rise against".

Chad if our turbos are made in the same place then why do your turbos fail and mine don't.

Magnum has 10x+ more turbos out in the world being used and I don't know about you but I have haven't came across any broken turbo threads. Also I have only had 3 customers with warranty issues, out of 600+ turbos in the field.
1 of those was customer error.

That's way less than 1% (.005%) buddy.

Since you wanna talk crap, lets talk some crap.

Before your new turbos came out, you were previously a masterpower dealer. You were selling MPT70s and your own T70 exact copy chinabay special. Then when magnum first started up you were initially sold 2 prototype turbos a T76 and a T72. Fast forward a few months later now you have an exact chinese copy of those as well.

Your MO is typical of people with no skill or ingenuity.

hmm.... Lets see
step 1
Find something that works made by someone else......
step 2
have it replicated poorly in china for pennies.......
step 3
sell the **** out of it and profit.......

I can't freaking wait to see whos turbo kit you have COPIED for the F body crowd.

My bet is either Josh or myself, or maybe a little bit borrowed from both of us.

I will give you some advice and a compliment though.

You are really great at selling things based off of price. You have ALOT of people cornered there.

But, if you're only selling point is that its cheap, you have to support the product.

You should put a longer warranty on the item.

Most turbo customers don't install their turbo in the first 60 days of owning it. You know this and that's why your warranty is 30 days.

We all know that you are making a killing on these turbos why not do a 6 month warranty at least!

Simple conclusion:

You are asking that fella to prove it. You prove it. If they are made in the same factory then where is your 80mm. You should be able to buy what we are buying if its coming from the same place. The Chinese don't care they want our money and don't care what they sell and to whom it goes too.

Magnum turbos will be made in the USA soon anyway so this little lie of yours is only going to be helpful for a little while longer.

Thanks for reading.

Rob@modular
Easy there guy, you seem a little worked up, I have a 2 kits which I designed from scratch on my 98 z. Thanks for the tips on the business but I think Ill stick with what I have going on. Our non-ac kit is using truck manifolds, most of those kits already look the same but yes I have all my photos ready to go already showing I designed it. I have a custom cast manifold that goes into our AC kit so sorry on that as well, NOT A COPY.

This isn't my first rodeo and I prepare myself as every time I release a kit, there is always someone like yourself to point fingers and call something a copy. Im not the first to make an f-body kit thats for sure so I did document the build well.

I have never bought magnum turbos, manny sent me a sample which I never used and shipped back to him. I did buy a very large amount of mp turbos from him up till the time he shut down the operation. Magnum turbos are not original designs, its readily available design from the manufacture, manny did not engineer or design the turbo, period and you know that. I mean look at the name, its a spin off of mp. Half the people are brainwashed to think its still a master power turbo

I remember sitting in the parking lot with after pri looking at the first sample magnum turbo. I name dropped what I needed and he was clear I know of the manufacture and who is doing the product. I wont go into this deep, I just dont care to as I still like manny and its really not that big of a deal. I have more than enough proof and I just will not argue it. Im not trying to bust anyone out, its just the same turbo as we offer for our ceramic ball bearing line and thats that. So manny bought a foundry to start casting in the usa, machining in the usa, assembling in the usa, balancing, etc? I just cannot see that as being true

I can already feel the warmth, this is going to be a good market to be involved in
Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

So do you want to comment on the youtube video that's floating around with your great customer service where someone bought and paid for Deka injectors and got knock-offs?

Here's the video for everyone who's interested:

No pm's necessary.

I have no stake in this fight, I just hate hearing people getting screwed over.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
So do you want to comment on the youtube video that's floating around with your great customer service where someone bought and paid for Deka injectors and got knock-offs?

Here's the video for everyone who's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g763A2W9yrQ

No pm's necessary.

I have no stake in this fight, I just hate hearing people getting screwed over.
wow, wow wow wow... thats insane. Chad, thats just deplorable...
Old 09-05-2012, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Tried calling, ebay messaging, and PM'ing on here and no response from this guy. He's quick to defend himself but appears to give less than two ***** about customer service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: On3 performance buyer beware!!!