Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 performance buyer beware!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jim at Calspeed

I thought I was your worst custumer? Keep up the good work, see ya soon.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did it fit?

I'm not super worried about the turbo and wastegate. How did the kit fit? Did the manifold clear everything and feel solid?
Old 01-15-2016, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 01-16-2016, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Default lsx foxbody kit

I was wondering if anyone has tried their foxbody kit and how it fit and the quality of the kit.ive got a 6.0 with edelbrock pro x intake and 317 ported heads with a btr cam adv dur 278 int 287 exh DUR@. 050 int 226 exh 234 lobe sep 116 lift 605 576.And what turbo would be good for this.I also have the truck accessories and would like to keep power steering if possible. Or is there someone else that make a better kit and turbo for my goal. I would like around 700 hp.The car has a glide with a brake and 1.82 1st gear
Old 01-18-2016, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It's an on3 kit, it's gonna fit like ****, the turbo will go out after a few thousand miles, wastegates will leak, most of the vbands will have to be replaced, and will have to fix the cracks in the welds on the mild steel manifolds and collector on the turbo.

On3 posted on here how they build that kit. If you read through it you'll see once it's done, they didn't even test it. They made jigs, and started selling them. I called them out on that, and they said they didn't need to test them. It's "just pipes" they know how it's gonna work.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:50 AM
Teching In

I have an on 3 LS/fox body kit and the quality and fit are spot on. I am very impressed with the value of this product.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by t-town
I have an on 3 LS/fox body kit and the quality and fit are spot on. I am very impressed with the value of this product.
T-town do you have any pic and how is the reliability of the kit and turbo
Old 01-18-2016, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Cant comment on their kit, but the quality of all the turbos/gates I have used of theirs has been on par or better than big names like PTE. No, Im not kidding.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...t-bb-67mm.html
Old 01-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Teching In

I purchased one of their kits for my sn95. Unfortunately shortly after my new born was diagnosed with CF so the car was put on hold. I did open the kit up and wished I pulled it all out and inventoried everything.

Fast forward about 6 months and I decided I want to ls swap the car so I sold stuff and was going to re-purpose the kit and modify it. Went to hang the intercooler and had no brackets for it. Called everyday for about a week and someone finally answered. Told him my situation and offered to simply buy the brackets. I was told to check the shipping signature and the person who boxed up my order had made multiple mistakes in regards to many different orders. So finally the "custom" cnc brackets came and they are pretty pathetic to say the least. Also come to find out alot of hardware was left out of the kit and little things that should of been included like the fitting for the oil feed and return. Nothing crazy but the little things you hate to track down. Also the fitment is far from perfect. I asked repeatedly about the fog lights needing to be modified and there was no way the original piping would of fit.
All in all I think parts wise I got what I paid for and the customer service just suffered but I cant really say its a piece of crap until I get the car running.

But I have also seen top money kits not fit worth a fart too so we will see how the main items like blow off valve and Wastegate work.

The good, I did change my order on getting the maf bung welded on and they did refund my money totally and it was taken care like they said it would be and when it was supposed to be. When I could get ahold of someone, they did help me and were not rude or anything and did listen to what i had to say and answered my questions.

I dont want to dog the company and say its all crap, this is just what my dealings were with On3.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Its a cheap turbo kit, would you expect anything different.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Its a cheap turbo kit, would you expect anything different.

Well Yes and No I guess. I understood in buying the kit that it may not be of the greatest quality but work in the end. But I really expected to get all the pieces I paid for I guess.

Its not a huge deal to me since I have used items I needed for my swap with it and plan on trying to use everything I have that it did come with that I can, and have already cut and started making my own.
But it was just my dealings with them and can not talk bad about the items themselves as I have yet to have the ability to test them is all.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:29 PM
TECH Regular

Just my 2 cents, I have one of their 80mm turbos that they don't even have any more and it has been running 12lbs for almost two years as a daily driver and has seen roughly 35,000 miles with absolutely no issues. as for their kits I can not comment one way or the other. Also have two of their 70mm turbos on and they are doing very well so far. I know a lot of people have blown oil threw these units by not installing the oil restrictor in the feed and or running to small of a drain or having the drain not dropping correctly or tapping it to low.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
HAHA

I just don't understand why you guys would not spend just a few more and get a Proven Magnum.

1 Year warranty!!!!

My turbos have gone 8's many times over and they have survived more than one season doing so.

I know its twice the money but you are getting your monies worth.

No one talks crap about me, BECAUSE I DON"T SCREW OVER PEOPLE.
I always answer calls, texts, emails. I always follow up, and I stand behind everything I sell. Our kits are awesome our turbos work.

Ex On3 customers: $50 dollars off any turbo and free shipping until next Friday Sept 7
I bought a 76mm kit from on 3 turbo is whinning , if I bought one of your would it mount on the same or would piping have to be redone
Old 10-14-2018, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Default On3 turbo kits

I'm so glad i saw this. I was planning on ordering a kit for my 04 silverado. I don't know much about turbos and it looked like a nice set uo. Does anyone know of a reputable kit for a 04 silverado 5.3 ?
Old 10-14-2018, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Tons of these kits are being used, it’s a good entry level kit that works.

Quick Reply: On3 performance buyer beware!!!