Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 performance buyer beware!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADAZZSS
Like any of you buy new oem replacement parts and not from the local parts store with there imported made parts just to save a $1.
I dont.

I want a ball joint, I buy a Moog made here. Wheel bearing, an SKF made here. There are certainly times when you have no choice, like a on a brake rotor. But if you spend a few extra minutes, you can find a US made piece on damn near everything, alot of times for same price.

US stuff:

wanted bungees - googles US made bungees, VER makes em - cheap too
wanted work boots - Red Wings (some of them) had them for 6 years wear them all the time
wanted a new gas grille - Huntington and only $150???
Dishes - Fiesta
Sofa - Hughes - brand new sets (sofa and love seat) - $500

Really. If you just google ****, you can find them made here for same money.

BW is a great example of quality turbos for cheap.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I personally haven't bought anything for my turbo build yet except an intercooler off eBay, still building my shortblock assembly, so I'm doing all my research now so I don't get stuck when I get to the point of ordering th turbo parts...so far my list consist of the following
HS Hit side
83mm turbo from somewhere..(there's just so many good ones.lol)
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is nothing wrong with "chinese" turbos, the TRS gt45 is unit that has been proven over and over for over 5 years on theturboforums, with zero problems, and is 1/3 the cost of most turbos...and a little FYI, the same company that makes the chinese turbo also works with Turbonetics.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do likes my turbonetics
Its gonna be hit or miss IMO with all those eBay speed parts. If u want reliability, pay for the good proven stuff now.
Or take a chance and absorb the costs for something that turns out to be junk. I have used eBay turbos,wg,cranks,pistons,fmic, never have had a bad apple....yet
Old 08-31-2012, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

Rob at Modular is the ****. I was looking at several front mount kits and after calling him to discuss his hotside I promptly put a deposit down for the new batch that will be coming out. I liked him so much I told him I wanted everything from him in one big damn box all at once. Rob had the best customer service I think I have ever dealt with from a sponsor on this site, hes right next to Bob at Brute speed. +1 for Modular
Old 08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't understand guys getting hurt by posts about these being low quality parts. They are and there is no contesting it. On3 turbos are interstate rest stop toilet paper. BW, Garret, and the like are Charmin. Both are made with the same intended use but which would you rather use?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ModularTurbo
HAHA

I just don't understand why you guys would not spend just a few more and get a Proven Magnum.

1 Year warranty!!!!

My turbos have gone 8's many times over and they have survived more than one season doing so.

I know its twice the money but you are getting your monies worth.

No one talks crap about me, BECAUSE I DON"T SCREW OVER PEOPLE.
I always answer calls, texts, emails. I always follow up, and I stand behind everything I sell. Our kits are awesome our turbos work.

Ex On3 customers: $50 dollars off any turbo and free shipping until next Friday Sept 7
Why spend more on a turbo thats made using the exact same factory and assembly line. They are 100% identical? Makes no sense
Old 08-31-2012, 01:42 PM
11 Second Club

Because of Outstanding customer service, warranty, Customer Service, Rob Knows what the hell he's talking about, and....... FN FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE
Old 08-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Teching In

I have never dealt with him so I cannot vouch, Im just making the point that the turbos are identical. So one that puts down the On 3 turbo and says its junk and magnum is so much better, would be a complete bs statement. As the turbochargers are 100% identical aside from paying more and made by the exact same individual
Old 08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by taws6m6
Rob at Modular is the ****. I was looking at several front mount kits and after calling him to discuss his hotside I promptly put a deposit down for the new batch that will be coming out. I liked him so much I told him I wanted everything from him in one big damn box all at once. Rob had the best customer service I think I have ever dealt with from a sponsor on this site, hes right next to Bob at Brute speed. +1 for Modular
Thanks, I appreciate it! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by YURVIEW
Because of Outstanding customer service, warranty, Customer Service, Rob Knows what the hell he's talking about, and....... FN FANTASTIC CUSTOMER SERVICE

I agree. If you ever had to deal with lousy customer service, you'll realize you can't put a price on what customer service is worth. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 08-31-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BLWN1
Isnt the magnum made in the same factory as the On3? Pretty sure its the same as their budget turbo, brazil maybe?

http://forums.corral.net/forums/10561806-post16.html

Im sure the on3 LS turbo kit will be ready soon, I have pics of the setup....
A good 80% of **** typed on corral is bs. Dont believe more than half the **** on there
Old 08-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Launching!

magnum turbo's do in fact use the same CHRA's as some of the ebay chinese turbo's...thats a fact...they arent made in the US either.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by davidphumes
i hate to sound like a dick but what do you expect from a company that is selling cheap chinese parts? I think it's generally accepted that their products are average but don't expect wow service from them... Just my opinion. If you want that, buy from turbosmart, turbonetics, or any ls1 tech sponsor, etc.

"you get what you pay for."

there's a reason why i don't have any of their parts on my car, and it's not because i'm stuck up and need the brand name.
^ this!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny he ^^ said buy from turbonetics...when they are made by the chinese that he calls junk. Lol
Old 08-31-2012, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Quote: Funny he ^^ said buy from turbonetics...when they are made by the chinese that he calls junk. Lol

wow...yea but no! Ever wonder y America Is going down the toilet??? See when ppl like me, davidphumes, yyurview and others buy top brands were not only getting great customer service but were also putting money back into the pockets of the Americans that work for those companys. Not some little 12 year old Chinese boy making 15 cent an hour. Were also supporting our fellow American workers!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NemeSS
A good 80% of **** typed on corral is bs. Dont believe more than half the **** on there
Ill put anything I have on a bet that says the On 3 turbo and magnum are 100% identical and made by the exact same factory.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

For me whether they are or not made by the same Brazilian, doesn't make a difference. I'd buy on3 products, if I were in a pitch, just not from Chad. Like Bob said, I'd rather give a few dollars or a few hundred more dollars to the guy that Appreciates my business!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper
thats what i did....i bought the GT45 everyone is using on TTF
Wats TTF??? (im debating on these 2 budget turbos also...)
Old 08-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by a4ls2goat
Gt45 ftw
and what does ftw mean??

Quick Reply: On3 performance buyer beware!!!