Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Updates?
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Just waiting on the engine to get done being fixed.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Well the car is going back together with a stock 6.0L. I will be leaving a lot of power on the table but its all I can do for right now. Come to find out after tearing my "370" apart that AES built me a 408 (not what I ordered). So now I am stuck waiting for my crank to get fixed instead of just installing a stock crank and running it for the rest of the year. AES said it was on my invoice that they installed a 4" stroke crank but they never sent me an invoice with the motor which I posted about earlier in this thread. I guess saying what you want via phone doesnt matter anymore. I will post updated pictures of the engine bay after I get done installing the new motor this weekend. I have made some changes.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
Well the car is going back together with a stock 6.0L. I will be leaving a lot of power on the table but its all I can do for right now. Come to find out after tearing my "370" apart that AES built me a 408 (not what I ordered). So now I am stuck waiting for my crank to get fixed instead of just installing a stock crank and running it for the rest of the year. AES said it was on my invoice that they installed a 4" stroke crank but they never sent me an invoice with the motor which I posted about earlier in this thread. I guess saying what you want via phone doesnt matter anymore. I will post updated pictures of the engine bay after I get done installing the new motor this weekend. I have made some changes.
hate to be an ***... but as a project manager, verbal mean nothing in business. Always document things. You dont have any emails stating what you requested?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
I just picked up my 390 2 days ago. Makes me wonder if i even got a 390.... My cam specs were different then what he specd for me... Im sure they make quality stuff but i question their organization and customer service skills...
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

I was going to use AES on my next build, but Ill be taking my business elsewhere.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Camper
I was going to use AES on my next build, but Ill be taking my business elsewhere.
If my AES 390 blows, im going with ERL.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Staging Lane

if they cant follow direction and just do whatever best suits them, they dont deserve business.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

if they cant follow direction and just do whatever best suits them, they dont deserve business.
I got screwed by AES also, I told them over and over that I wanted my piston skirts coated and they told me it was done but was not. I was quoted over the phone for a 390 shortblock -$4700 that included a spec'd cam, main studs, headstuds, and a double roller timing kit. I added ported heads (my heads), and pushrods to it (I was quoted $800 for the heads). I walked out of there paying total of $6800.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by allout06
If my AES 390 blows, im going with ERL.
Hope it works out for you man. Would be a damn shame if they dissapoint you.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ERL is top notch, just have patience when it's being built, they take their time but well worth the wait.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:05 PM
TECH Addict

Should have borrowed my 370 Justin. Thats crazy you got a 408! Hope it all works out and hope to see the car out at KC2K13. Need to get a couple shirts from ya.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:26 AM
Launching!

Seems like listening is a problem for most machine shops, they tend to do what they think is best instead of conversing with the customer before making changes of what was requested. Pisses me off.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I warned ya
Old 05-07-2013, 06:03 AM
11 Second Club

That sucks to hear. Maybe since you said it ran well before it will end up working out for the best with the more cubes. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

So many people have complained about them and nothing is being done. I guess as long as they are delivering some product no action will be taken. I called them and left a message when I was going to build my new motor and left a voice mail. Did not get a call back from them, lucky for me i guess.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

I'm showing you got an email at Fri, December 21, 2012 2:28:52 PM Showing you a complete estimate with your deposit on it and 2 hours later that day you paid the remainder on the short block. I can send you or post a screen shot of the email and of the paid invoice and or estimate if you would like.
Justin, we have gone above and beyond, to try and help you through this unfortunate situation that happened with the engine, even though it wasn't anything we had done to cause the failure.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AES Racing
I'm showing you got an email at Fri, December 21, 2012 2:28:52 PM Showing you a complete estimate with your deposit on it and 2 hours later that day you paid the remainder on the short block. I can send you or post a screen shot of the email and of the paid invoice and or estimate if you would like.
Justin, we have gone above and beyond, to try and help you through this unfortunate situation that happened with the engine, even though it wasn't anything we had done to cause the failure.
I think the complaint is the lack of communication between what the customer requested and what you actually provided. While he should have reviewed what he was paying for, "sneaking" changes into an invoice is a bit shady if you ask me. It sounds like you made a decision to provide a 408 over the requested 370 and just tried to slide it in for his approval without actually making him aware of what you were doing...

Thats the way im understanding it at least, Im not sure why our hobby is so clouded with terrible vendors that cant seem to make simple phone calls,texts,or emails providing customers straight answers with no "BS" behind it.

I guess this is why I build data centers for companies such as Microsoft,facebook,ebay,etc.. Good business/communications go a long way my man.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 PM
FormerVendor

I think the complaint is the lack of communication between what the customer requested and what you actually provided. While he should have reviewed what he was paying for, "sneaking" changes into an invoice is a bit shady if you ask me. It sounds like you made a decision to provide a 408 over the requested 370 and just tried to slide it in for his approval without actually making him aware of what you were doing...

Thats the way im understanding it at least, Im not sure why our hobby is so clouded with terrible vendors that cant seem to make simple phone calls,texts,or emails providing customers straight answers with no "BS" behind it.

I guess this is why I build data centers for companies such as Microsoft,facebook,ebay,etc.. Good business/communications go a long way my man.
The estimate and or invoice of what he was given clearly stated a 4.00 stroke and clearly states the piston part number for a 4.00 stroke with a description on it so sneaking something in is hardly the case here. Its Cheaper for For me to build a 370 for him so im not getting 1 up on him by building him a 408 as opposed to a 370. I find it funny that i have estimates, invoices and payments all made to a 408 invoice with each part an description accurate and your saying there was a lack of communication and we are sneaking 1 in on him.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

we've already established you put items in an invoice that he didnt ask for.. he had a trust in you to actually deliver what was requested and you decided to build a 408 instead.

you have yet to actually address that issue. all you're saying is "hey we invoiced you for a bore/stroke you didnt ask for and you payed it, tough ****!"

It has nothing to do with it being cheaper to build a 370, you simply built what you wanted to build. If you knew he requested a 370 and you couldnt deliver, why couldnt you state you couldnt deliver?

what if he wasnt a gearhead and wasnt fully educated on bore/stroke?

get some class guy.

Quick Reply: New build: 2010 Camaro | X275 88 | TH400 | street car UPDATE: 03/03/13